- Hardcover: 432 pages
- Publisher: Rodale Books; 1 edition (July 21, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1605294616
- ISBN-13: 978-1605294612
- Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 0.9 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (78 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #95,009 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Eat This Not That! The Best (& Worst!) Foods in America!: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution Hardcover – July 21, 2009
Did you know that choosing one fast-food milk shake over another can save you 2,000 calories? That's right. The difference is an entire day's worth of calories. Make a swap once a week and you'll save nearly 30 pounds in one year. And that's just the start.
Eat This Not That! The Best (& Worst!) Foods in America! lists thousands of the fastest and easiest ways to cut calories quickly while still eating all the foods you love. All you need is a smart insider's guide. And now, the right choices are simple. You'll discover:
- The best and worst drive-thru foods. (Place smart orders at the window to avoid packing on pounds).
- 15 "healthy" foods that aren't. (Learn about the supposedly "healthy" foods that are secretly packing your body with excess calories, fat, sugar, and sodium--and what you should eat instead to lose weight effortlessly).
- 14 foods your cardiologist wouldn't eat. (These restaurant meals are so salty that you should throw them over your shoulder for good luck instead. If you care about heart health, blood pressure, and avoiding a stroke, don't let them pass your lips!)
Avoid Dietary Disasters with Nutrition Guides from Eat This Not That! Best (& Worst!) Foods in America!
(Click to enlarge)
“ETNT is one of my favorite books ever-the original [Eat This, Not That!], and everything [Eat This, Not That! book] that's come out after. It's just so smart. You give people such easy ways to make tiny little choices that add up to [losing] 10, 20, 30 pounds.... Such a brilliant concept.” ―Rachael Ray
“Thank you for freaking everybody out!” ―Matt Lauer Today Show
“Eat This, Not That! Is for lazy, lazy, lazy people like me! It was so easy to understand. If it weren't for ETNT's straightforward clarity about how food is made and packaged, I don't think my weight loss attempt would have worked.” ―Ginger McNeely Felice
“The book, Eat This, Not That! by Men's Health editor-in-chief David Zinczenko, has become one of the hottest selling nutrition guides in book stores.... The comparisons are always interesting and often surprising” ―NewYorkTimes.com
“This book is a great way to educate people about making healthful decisions at restaurants, the grocery store, vending machines. These are realistic changes people can make to save hundreds of calories.” ―Dawn Jackson Blatner, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association
Top Customer Reviews
The chapters are broken into categories like burgers, pizzas, sushi, snack foods, restaurants, etc. It also includes photos and breaks down dishes in a informative and interesting way. It makes you understand why certain things are more unhealthy than one that is very similar if just taken it at a glance. I have never read a nutrition-themed book before and I enjoyed this one.