Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 501-525 of 663 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012, 2:35:19 AM PDT
JoeyJane says:
"Explain more fully"???

... wow. No need.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012, 4:04:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2012, 6:46:28 AM PDT
Well it wasn't too hard for E.L James to write that hot mess of a book, because she ripped off Meyer's characters. I don't know if you read it when it was "Masters of the Universe" but that is the same story the FSoG is, the only difference is that the characters name has changed. I mean it's the same exact story no editing or anything, still the same misspelled words, and the grammer is still horrid. If you take out all those ridiculous emails back and forth, so called "kinky f***#", how Ana thinks Christian is so hot, and "Oh My Fifty Shades..." that should take it down to at least 300 pages total.

I would accept your challenge to write 1500 pages of anything remotely cohesive, just as soon as I read The Hunger Games trilogy so I can rip off Suzanne Collins characters. The title is a work in progress but I'm thinking "How to get rich by using talented people work" Then when that's completed and sitting on the NY Times best selling list for 40 weeks, I'm going start working on my next series of books, which I'm going borrow characters from J.K. Rowling, Sara Shepard, and Jackie Collins. Man I'm going to be laughing all the way to the bank. Oh but of course I'm going to change the characters name so I can be thought of as original and just plain awesome. I will be the bestest writer ever!! (I know it's "best" but I enjoy being a smart a$*)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012, 4:58:12 PM PDT
W.Westphal says:
Yeah, I am surprised that Mrs. Rice did not decide to stay to read a few replied. She asked disgruntled readers for an explanation, and then leaved without waiting for one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012, 4:36:38 PM PDT
Chrysann says:
I kind of liked the first book, but the second and third I could barely read. In fact I never finished book 3.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 5:08:07 AM PDT
JOHNNY DAVIS says:
I enjoyed the trilogy and felt that it was entertaining fiction. I do feel the trilogy was not well written at all. It took me four days to read it, and it seems it took only four days to write it. I find it wierd someone who has never touch themselves or use the word vigina, did not run for the hills after finding out about Christians sexual taste.
If Christian Grey was about 27 how would his adoptive mother be early 40's? That means she was a married teenage prodigy.
Through out the trilogy Anna felt she didn't really know Christian and at times afraid of him. Why would someone with those feelings agree to marriage in five weeks. Although Mrs. Lincoln was a child malester, if her and Christian were so close for so many years how could Anna who is a stranger change his mind. Christian told Anna he took care of his mother the crack whore, how! He was only 4 years old.

Please excuss my writing skills and run on sentences! LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012, 9:58:11 AM PDT
W.Westphal says:
I am glad to see that you realize that it is not realistic, even if you did enjoy it. :) Those are very good observations, and some of the maaany complaints I had.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012, 4:26:22 AM PDT
L. Jarrett says:
I foolishly bought the trilogy bundle from amazon because of the hype. After reading half of the first book I couldn't take anymore. Ditto to all of the negative reviews. How do I get a refund?

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 6:25:46 AM PDT
Hey, so I'm trudging through the book now, and I guess I can see why some people may like it, but I find myself agreeing with the negative comments. As someone who has an aspiration to be a writer I find myself constantly appalled by these "bestsellers."

That being said, does anyone have good recommendations for this type of genre?

Posted on Jul 10, 2012, 10:05:38 PM PDT
Aisha W says:
Andrea try these authors:

Lora Leigh
Maya Banks
Cherry Adair
Eden Bradley

That should start you off... Happy reading!

Posted on Jul 10, 2012, 11:23:33 PM PDT
Bungalunga says:
It 's sooo bad. Crap, did I just say that! Let me get this straight, and this is for those of you who read or like I did, skipped through the books because honestly I thought either he or she would die. I feel very much cheated that no one died. The craziest part besides everything already mentioned, this brainless twit manages to steal a gun, walk into a bank, withdraw five million dollars and then proceed to meet the kidnappers and after getting, well you know, the crapped kicked out of her, she is able to find her gun and expertly shoot her attacker in the knee. Really! Wow. So totally believable. I was praying they would kill her but no, I was denied. The book should be sold with rose colored glasses.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012, 3:10:46 PM PDT
I'll bet the real Anne Rice thinks it's crap.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012, 4:27:18 PM PDT
Elise Mae says:
This book sounds like something a 13 year old might have written. She was touched "down there"? She actually wrote that? Sounds like teen fantasy written by someone who looked it up on the internet while biting her lower lip and rolling her eyes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012, 4:31:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 12, 2012, 7:18:45 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012, 7:12:05 PM PDT
W.Westphal says:
Hahaha! I never knew a teenager to write something so bad in their fan fiction. And they scrapp it one they get older. Hhahha! I guess teenagers are smarter than James!

Posted on Jul 13, 2012, 12:03:48 AM PDT
L says:
Why is this book getting so much attention? It's just another romance novel. I don't understand why it's getting all this mainstream publicity. No other romance novel gets that and this has the same typical stuff. In fact I kept hearing about it so I had to look into what it was, but it's just the same old.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012, 1:41:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 15, 2012, 6:16:37 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 13, 2012, 2:22:21 PM PDT
MsDoni says:
I don't understand the level of hatred for this book. I get that this book may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the comments seem really personal for some reason.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012, 2:54:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2012, 2:54:57 PM PDT
Alfuso says:
I LOATHE First person!

And I've read better homo-erotica.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012, 12:08:10 PM PDT
W.Westphal says:
"No money in his bank account would have been enough to pay me to put up with his weird ways."

Well said! Let's see how many Anne's of the world would have put up with him if he didn't have money in the bank!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012, 12:10:10 PM PDT
W.Westphal says:
Because we did not think MEH after we read it. That's what the three star reviews thought. This series has many aspects that we find completely wrong.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012, 12:43:48 PM PDT
A friend lent me this book, and I have read the three books, I guess I was trying to find the plot that in actuality never materialized.
Sorry the sexual accounts at least for me became quite boring after two or three of them. I would compare this book with reading the Kama Sutra with a very little plot.
Great for pre teens that haven't experienced real sex, who knows they may learn something. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012, 12:46:08 PM PDT
I can assure you, they are not personal, is amazement that this book passed mustard to so many.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 8:39:11 AM PDT
MsDoni says:
When you say "the plot never materialized," can you explain what you mean? Per Wikipedia: "Plot is a literary term defined as the events that make up a story, particularly as they relate to one another in a pattern, in a sequence, through cause and effect, how the reader views the story, or simply by coincidence." I've noticed that the anti-Fifty crowd all say the exact same things, almost like there was a memo detailing what you should think about this book. How about you dig a little deeper, be original, and explain why you disliked this book. I could respect that alot more than some flippant, lazy comment about the plot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 8:43:56 AM PDT
MsDoni says:
What aspects do you find "completely wrong" about this book? The courtship? emotions? characters? events? relationship? rough sex? What exactly made you dislike this book?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 8:57:05 AM PDT
Jacqueline says:
short list:
1. lack of original characters (Edward and Bella with what little character Meyer gave them removed)
2.Hugely sexist, not even real BDSM lifestyle that is consentual
3. Tells women it is okay to compromise their morals because a billionaire wants to have kinky sex with them
4. Overuse of the same descriptive adjectives and actions (you can only bite your lip so many times)
5. Lack of an editor (even worse than Twilight)
6.The sex got SO BORING
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  175
Total posts:  663
Initial post:  Mar 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers