Amazon Vehicles Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 CM - Mens Grooming Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2011 4:36:27 AM PST
Man, I think this game will be pretty awesome. The more I think about it the more I can't wait, I'm amped for this one!

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 11:18:41 AM PST
Yeah, I loved the Pilotwings games on the Nintendo 64 and Super Nintendo. I hope they have the audio tracks from those games along with the new ones. That would be a nice trip down memory lane.

Posted on Mar 15, 2011 5:59:45 PM PDT
I don't know about you guys but this game looks a little to slow to me. If they have Wifi for it that should vastly improve it. But from what I read in Gameinformer magazine this game doesn't seem to be worth $40 dollars more like 25-30.

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 11:39:33 AM PDT
I loved Pilotwings when it came out for the NIntendo 64 15 years ago. I wonder why it tooke so long for Nintendo to make another Pilotwings game. I also got to play a bit around with the game, and it really is a lot of fun.

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 10:27:07 AM PDT
I wonder if you can play this on the Wii system?

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 9:11:33 PM PDT
Mark Twain says:
As of right now, I don't think thats going to be possible.

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 3:18:18 PM PDT
pumpkins123 says:
they need to make lego island for the 3ds , the one that you can play on your computer

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2011 4:58:19 PM PDT
Defvayne says:
I am a long time fan of pilotwings, but I am disappointed with this iteration in the series. One island to fly in and it happens to be the same island from wii sports resort. Between that and the fact that this game is fairly light on content and can be completed in an afternoon makes me hesitant to spend $40 on this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2011 2:28:47 PM PDT
koolaid man says:
I agree and feel the same with Steeldiver, from what I've read and watched it seems a bit light on content for a launch game. What I think happened is everyone pushed games to be ready for launch.

I'll admit that while I don't find any interest in the awful Street Fighter IV, its the most full of little extras that play to the functionality of the 3DS. I'm just going to have to wait for the summer to get OoT, StarFox64, to finally have a game for my 3DS.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 6:18:13 PM PDT
J. Allen says:
They had a demo of PilotWings Resort along with a 3DS to try out at my local Best Buy & it looks incredible! It was difficult to get used to since the D-Pad is supposedly for changing camera angles while the new analog stick/button to be for moving around with flight,but a challenge I'm willing to take on. I immediately got over to GameStop to pre-order it because I'm also a fan of the PilotWings titles,but mainly of the Super NES one. You can change the configuration on the options screen for those whom have troubles with D-Pad being "press up for doing a nose-dive & up to soar upwards in the air" so you can change it around to it's proper order of "up for up & down for down" sorta speak. Playing it on 3D mode really makes you feel like you're actually flying which is nice for the time being since I gotta wait a few more months until Kid Icarus Uprising releases. *Sighs*

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 6:59:58 PM PDT
Mark Twain says:
My expectations were also exceeded by the look and depth. When its in demo mode where you control the camera you can speed it up by pushing one of the shoulder buttons, it looks like you are really soaring through the sky.

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 8:42:38 AM PDT
D. Lehmann says:
Actually, for flying it is considered: up/away from you - Dive, down/toward's you - going up. The proper order J. Allen says is what was done because it was easier for everyone to get into flying games.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about