Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

This product is incorrectly listed as dvd-a

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2011, 11:57:44 AM PDT
Jimi says:
Just a heads up for those with dvd-audio players (like I have in my car); this is not actually a dvd audio disc. It's dvd video. When I try to play it in my car, the player gives me a format error. This was very frustrating. Just a heads up.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011, 10:09:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 22, 2011, 10:13:31 PM PDT
This is true. However, just so people aren't confused, since there have already been complaints about the lack of actual video footage, it's encoded as DVD video so it plays on normal DVD players, but it actually fills the same function as a DVD-A. It's designed for higher quality audio--rather than a video supplement--without having to get a specialized DVD-Audio player to play it in. More people have DVD players than DVD-A players, so it's probably benefiting the *most* consumers to provide the higher quality audio in this manner. For that I say "Bravo" to Neil and the people behind this release. Unfortunately, though, it also presents somewhat of a drawback for those with DVD-A players in the car. (Do you also have a regular CD player in your car, Jimi? I hope they have designs that play both, since there's a lot of stuff you can't get on DVD-A!)

That said, thanks Jimi for pointing out this distinction. Amazon really should post more thorough production information, shouldn't it?

Posted on Oct 13, 2011, 1:16:05 PM PDT
BOBRX31 says:
This is incorrectly listed as a DVD A--what it is, is a dvd with high resolution 24/96 STEREO. DVD AUDIO is 5.1 channel surround sound which this is definately not.
YOU SHOULD CHANGED THE LISTING AND TAKE DVD A OFF AND JUST LIST IT AS DVD WITH STEREO AUDIO.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 13, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about