Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Super Mario 3D Land forum

This is the reason i'm getting a 3DS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 17, 2011, 12:48:10 AM PDT
Julian says:
This game is supposed to be the door to the 3DS' world and success. Mario games never fail and this one is appealing to old and new audiences. I can't wait to see what other classic suits they put in! "Cmon Frog Suit" seriously how cute would that be in 3D hahaha!!

Posted on Aug 19, 2011, 4:34:28 PM PDT
funbi1112 says:
lol I'd love a frog suit in 3d XD

Posted on Aug 25, 2011, 12:15:29 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
you'll love the 3DS when you get it ! wonderful portable gaming device .... can hardly wait for November to come. although, Star Fox next month should be a blast too! I really loved NSMB on both the DS & Wii, so to finally get a new Mario game will be a huge thrill !

Posted on Sep 15, 2011, 3:33:58 PM PDT
Ang says:
Please excuse my ignorance. Will this only be playable on the 3DS or will it still work on DSi?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 15, 2011, 8:59:14 PM PDT
Unknown says:
3DS only......

Posted on Sep 18, 2011, 8:28:35 PM PDT
Daddy says:
i hope they have the hammer bros suit

Posted on Sep 19, 2011, 2:05:05 PM PDT
Just hope they don't screw it up. You know like make the game too easy like Dead or Alive and SF4 3D. All they need is to keep the old elements in tack, and it will be perfect. Similar to Splinter Cell 3D.

@Saskamo: Wouldn't call it so much a wonderful "PORTABLE" gaming device just yet. The battery life is still terrible. Others claim purchasing an extend life battery solves the problem. Unfortunately haven't seen one as a "battery" yet. Most are just huge power bricks on the back.

Posted on Sep 19, 2011, 2:26:25 PM PDT
C. Jacobson says:
Hey, "Review-lock Holmes"...
The PSVita is supposed to have bad battery life too. So stop your whining. Or I'll tack you with an intact tic-tac. ;)

3DS is awesome, and this game is sure to be a hit. This and Mario Kart 7 will be system sellers.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011, 1:48:25 PM PDT
J. Luciano says:
I have this game preordered to play on my brothers 3DS lol. Looks promising. :)

Posted on Sep 29, 2011, 2:22:28 PM PDT
Hal Gordon says:
my son is getting it to

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011, 12:11:24 PM PDT
Hal Gordon says:
the ice flower has to get in the game

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011, 3:12:04 PM PDT
It probably is. However, the only items I have seen in screenshots are Mushroom, Tanuki Leaf, Fire Flower, and P-Wing. There are some other 'grab-items' like the propeller-box that don't count as a permanent power.

Posted on Oct 8, 2011, 7:00:35 AM PDT
I feel the same way. This and zelda are going to push me to get a 3ds. the price cut helps, of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011, 7:29:07 AM PDT
I know they won't screw this up. Super Mario 3D looks amazing, and for what it will cost, it definitely will deliver. The Mario Games have never lost their luster for anyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011, 9:40:23 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
I turned on the power saving feature & the screen set down at 2 .... it does help to extend the battery life .... I have a bunch of the downloaded 2D games, they keep the juice a bit longer .... close to 5 hours .... if I play for a couple hours, I generally throw it onto charge.

new screen shots of this game look incredible! the blue boomerang suit .... this is going to be a great showcase of the 3D .... just under 5 weeks to wait ! wonder what week 1 sales of this game will look like ? pretty strong I'm betting.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011, 1:07:10 AM PDT
LostFan says:
I bought my 3ds solely for Zelda and later I felt discouraged for lack of titles. But now after learning what's coming up...I seriously can't wait and I'm a 33 year old female gamer. LOL.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011, 10:48:37 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
hey Lost ... bought my 3DS console the 1st week of June b/c I knew I had to play OoT .... it's been fantastic, but have also enjoyed numbers of other games .... Star Fox is pretty good, & enjoyed Pilot Wings a lot. now with the new games just on the horizon, it is increasingly a very worthwhile purchase .... I'm a 45 yr. old female gamer & can hardly wait for the new Mario games.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011, 10:40:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2011, 10:50:53 PM PDT
3DS Friend Code: Android20
You know it. This game is a 3DS system seller. I am 40 years old been playing games since the Atari 2600 - Video Game Console and the http://www.amazon.com/Atari-5200-Video-Console-System/dp/B000X8F0KE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1318311552&sr=1-1 (for those that remember it) even played the Vectrex. I am excited about getting this game. I preordered it from Gamestop because I don't want to wait until Monday evening or Tuesday to get it.

The release date for the game is Nov. 13 which is a Sunday. I had to use next day shipping for one 3DS game that was released on Sunday just to get it a day later on Monday (with Amazon Prime it is $3.99) I will just pick it up on my way from church or before church :o)

My niece and two nephews got me this Nyko Charge Base for 3DS for my birthday in April, it is $25. The base stopped charging the battery so I plug the ac adapter directly into the 3DS. I would recommend just the Nyko Power Pak+ for 3DS for $14.99. I get about six to seven hours before I have to charge it again.
This was how the Vectrex looked:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Vectrex.jpg

Posted on Oct 23, 2011, 7:14:08 AM PDT
buffalo says:
I bought my 3DS on launch mainly for this game, have on pre-order and can't wait!!!!

Posted on Oct 25, 2011, 5:20:24 AM PDT
Dinasaur says:
@ C. Jacobson
wat does the psp vista gotta do with a 3ds thread? nobody said the vista was gonna be better. chill out...

and i guess i dont really notice the battery life on my 3ds... (i pick it up nearly everyday, but i usually dont play it for more than an hour tops. untill i beat zelda at least. lol) i have a car charger and a usb charger so im good...

and as for mario, since starfox, the 3d capabilities just blew me away! (for once i didnt feel like my eyeballs were gonna melt out...) so i have high hopes for mario. just can't wait :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011, 9:36:33 PM PDT
C. Jacobson says:
That Reviewlock Homes guy up there edited his post, I'm positive. No matter though. I don't think the 3DS battery is bad, people just like to whine about it for some reason...

I can't believe this game comes out in only 3 weeks! It's so soon! It looks amazing, and being able to take your suit into any level like a classic 2D Mario game will be nice. Boomerang suit seems great!

Posted on Oct 26, 2011, 1:21:07 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
yup, the countdown has begun! I will be at the store first thing .... can hardly wait. the NSMB for the DS is one of my favs. just played thru SML 2, SML, & the GB version .... so am set to play this. the first all new reimagined Mario game for the 3DS .... fun fun. 18 days till it drops! who said Christmas doesn`t come early ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Super Mario 3D Land forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Aug 17, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D Land by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars (1,148)