Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Hiro
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on July 29, 2011
My son has about 10 of the Thomas wooden railway series. He loves the trains. Hiro is his favorite engine. Hiro is more expensive than most of the others since this is actually two pieces - the engine and the tinder car.

These toys can be educational if you engage your child. My son has learned how steam trains work and what makes the train go down an incline by itself. He acts out scenes from the PBS shows and books.

These wooden trains are fairly durable. My son is pretty rough with them, as any 4 year old boy will be, and so far all we have is minor chipped paint. So far no wheels, magnets, or anything else has come off.
on November 20, 2010
My son loves Hiro. Not only are all of the branded Thomas wooden trains durable, this one is no different. My son loves the detail on the train and especially the facial expression of Hiro. Don't get your trains anywhere else, as amazon can easily save you a few dollars. If you child wants a new train, Hiro is definetly the way to go.
on September 29, 2011
This is another great Thomas engine. Hiro is exactly as described, and exactly as portrayed in the videos we've watched. So far he has survived being tossed around the house with no cracks or broken/stuck wheels.
on December 21, 2012
We have 20 plus trains in the house, and this one I keep safe in my sock drawer so the other kids don't damage it. It is by far my favorite engine of the Thomas line, and my son like it too (but he does not get too many chances to play with it!)
on November 28, 2011
My son adores Thomas and after watching "Hero of the Rails" dvd, he had to have a Hiro. This is a lovely train and is Hiro restored to all his glory. You can also purchase the patchwork Hiro. I love the wooden series of Thomas and Friends. Superior to Trackmaster.
on March 8, 2013
I've never had any problems with the Thomas and Friends wood toys and this was no exception. Hiro is well constructed, well painted, and smooth toy. Unlike cheaper trains, the T&F set is well built and the wheels or magnets don't randomly fall off.
on December 27, 2011
I was first surprised that Hiro was more expensive than the previous Thomas line trains I have purchased. However, Hiro is quite a bit larger, and has two separate axles which make it more stable in maneuvering curves in the track. I don't know what the attraction is, but Hiro seems to be a favorite; as with all Thomas products, I would rate it highly with regard to durability, quality, and lending itself so well to pretend play.
on January 7, 2010
I don't know why this train was more expensive than others in the Thomas line, but unlike other Hiro trains I've seen, this one has a smiling face, and is the one my son has wanted. It came quickly in the mail, and he loves it!
on November 16, 2010
Bought this as a gift for my nephew from Amazon. Tried searching for it at Target & TRU but sold out everywhere. Always new I could depend on Amazon! Made it in time for his birthday and he absolutely loves it!
on January 23, 2012
My 3 1/2 year old son received this for Christmas. He loves it, just like he loves all of his Thomas and Friends toys. The magnets are strong enough for him to put a bunch of trains together and pull them on his wooden track.