Thomas Earnshaw Women's ES-0021-02 Longitude Analog Display Swiss Quartz Brown Watch
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The Longitude Collection pays tribute to the years of innovation and scientific thought in solving the problem of how to measure longitude with an exquisite self-winding automatic skeleton watch with an exposed balance wheel
- Swiss-Made Quartz Movement
- White Dial with Black Index, 3 Hand Movement, Date, Sapphire Coated Hardened Mineral Lens
- Croco leather strap, ion-plated gold plated stainless steel case and buckle
- Water resistant to 165 feet (50 M): suitable for swimming and showering
Customers who bought this brand also shopped for
From the manufacturer
Thomas Earnshaw Swiss Made Longitude Collection
Thomas Earnshaw is regarded as a pioneer in marine chronometers - timepieces accurate enough to hold a standard of time while at sea. His mechanical breakthrough gave sailors a long coveted tool: the ability to determine longitude with precision. With the knowledge of a standard time coupled with the celestial markings at hand (such as the sun at high noon), a sailor can use the difference in time as a determinant for longitude. Earnshaw's astute discovery and the accuracy of travel beckoned through marine chronometers inspires this regal collection.
ES-0021 Swiss Made Longitude Collection
Elegant and exquisite on the outside, the Swiss Made Longitude collection is adorned with a moon phase display as a tribute to the celestial navigation of the past. Built with solid marine grade stainless steel, these timepieces lay fastened to your wrist with a timeless genuine leather strap. Labeled with Roman numerals and a circular display for the day, this timepiece keeps you up to date with style. Not only mesmerizing, the Swiss Made quartz movement assures an accurate timepiece for years to come. Each Swiss Made Earnshaw timepiece is assembled by hand in La Chaux-de-Fonds in the canton of Neuchatel nestled in the Jura mountain. While the spirit and tribute to Earnshaw's legacy remains utterly and proudly a tribute of England's scientific and timekeeping progress during the golden age of discovery and navigation, it is in Switzerland that the journey of this proud watch making house will now continue.
Born in Manchester, England in 1749, Thomas Earnshaw was celebrated for his work in refining, and improving upon the marine chronometers of the era. It was these marine chronometers that became crucial to the journeys taken by the boats in the Royal Navy as they circled the globe during a golden era in English history of science and exploration. This emboldened spirit of discovery inspires these timepieces in both design and construction.
Other Thomas Earnshaw Swiss Made Collections
- Package Dimensions: 5.1 x 5 x 3.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- ASIN: B00K8QE250
- Item model number: ES-0021-02
- Batteries: 1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required. (included)
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 5, 2014
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Thomas Earnshaw|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||33 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||9.5 millimeters|
|Band Material||leather calfskin|
|Band length||Women's Standard|
|Band width||16 millimeters|
|Dial color||Mother of pearl|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Water resistant depth||165 Feet|