From the Manufacturer
- Search bibliographic databases on the Internet
- Organize references and images in a database
- Construct your paper with built-in manuscript templates
- Watch the bibliography and figure list appear as you write!
EndNote 7.0 smartly advances research and publishing by now organizing images with text, and by providing built-in Microsoft Word templates for a variety of journals. Long known for Bibliographies Made Easy, EndNote 7 now defines Manuscripts Made Easy.
Search bibliographic databases on the Internet:
- Using EndNote's Connect... and Search... commands, you can search Internet databases just as easily as you can search your EndNote database on your computer.
- Simply open any of more than 250 predefined connection files and you're online and searching.
- Access hundreds of remote bibliographic databases, including ISI Web of Science, many Ovid databases, PubMed, the Library of Congress, and university card catalogs from EndNote.
- Search remote bibliographic databases using EndNote's simple search window--no need to learn multiple search interfaces.
- Export reference directly from ISI Web of Science, Highwire Press, Ovid, OCLC, ProQuest, and more.
- Save and load search strategies at the click of a button.
- Drag and drop references instantly to your own EndNote database in one simple step. No additional importing required.
Organize references in a database:
- Create an unlimited number of databases: In EndNote, bibliographic data is entered into a record by filling out a simple template that has the proper fields displayed for a given type of reference. There are 28 customizable reference types with up to 40 fields for entering reference and image data. Store up to 32,000 records per database.
- Organize images, too: organize images including charts, figures, and equations with a caption and your own keywords.
- Customize the references database display: click-sort column heading, adjust column widths, choose fields to display.
- Preview formatted references: using the Preview pane in the database window, you can preview selected references in over 1000 bibliographic styles.
- Includes hundreds of import filters: There are many sources of bibliographic data that can be used to help you build your EndNote database of references. EndNote includes hundreds of customizable import filters for a variety of online and CD-ROM database providers (e.g. Ovid, SilverPlatter). You can create your own import filters as well. Once you've downloaded the references in a tagged format, choose the appropriate import filter to import the data into your EndNote database.
- Link your EndNote records to PDF files on the Web or on your hard drive: Link your references to full-text articles or other material on the Web, or PDF files on your hard drive using EndNote's "Link To" command. By selecting the Open Link... command, EndNote automatically starts your Web browser or application (i.e., Acrobat Reader), and presents the linked file for viewing.
- Use Term Lists for consistent data entry: Term Lists store glossaries of keywords, author names, or any other terms that are important to managing your references. As you enter new terms, EndNote suggests terms from these lists to facilitate data entry and to ensure terms are entered consistently. Pre-defined Journal Term Lists are provided for biomedicine, chemistry, and the humanities--complete with common abbreviations of journal names used in bibliographies.
- Searching: The Search... command in EndNote offers a high degree of flexibility and control in designing searches. You can limit your searches to specific fields such as author name, year, or keywords. You can also choose a general search, one that searches on all fields in a database.
- Global editing: Use the Change Text, Change Field, and Move Field commands to modify existing references. These commands can automatically add a term to all or some of your references. These are useful tools for labeling groups of references as well as for fixing common typos or spelling mistakes.
- Sorting: In EndNote, you can sort references on any fields you choose such as year, journal, title, or label. You can sort on up to five fields in either ascending or descending order. You can do an instant sort by clicking on the column headings in the reference database window.
- Customize settings: The settings for customizing your EndNote database display, bibliographic preferences, and other options are organized in one easy-to-access preferences panel.
- Running EndNote on a network: use EndNote on a network and share databases across mixed platforms.
Use Microsoft Word templates to create your manuscript:
EndNote 7 introduces built-in Word templates to guide you through the exacting manuscript requirements of publishers. You can select a predefined template from the Word > File > New dialog or from the EndNote > Tools menu to begin your publishing process. A Wizard is ready to assist you with the creation of a new manuscript. Completed manuscripts are now submission-ready with all the key elements in addition to EndNotes instantly formatted in-text citations, bibliography, and figure list.
Watch bibliographies appear as you write!
- Create instant bibliographies in Microsoft Word: Locate citations in Microsoft Word with Cite While You Write technology. Watch the bibliography appear as you insert citations in your manuscript.
- Collaborate with colleagues easily: Collaborate easily with others as your traveling library of cited references follows the Microsoft Word document. When you're ready to send your paper to colleagues, the references travel with it. Now you can capture references directly from colleagues papers to use in your EndNote library with the new export traveling library feature.
- EndNote handles even the trickiest bibliographic details: EndNote includes bibliographic features that address a wide range of formatting issues in the humanities, biomedicine, physical, life, and social sciences.
- Includes more than 1000 bibliographic styles: EndNote comes with more than 1000 predefined bibliographic styles for the leading journals. Each style can be modified, or you can create new styles.