Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thorlo Men's Tennis Micro-Mini Crew Sock
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on April 20, 2009
First of all, these socks are perfect for tennis! I will never go back to cheaper socks now that I have the size I need. Secondly, the sizing is all wrong. The 'Product Details' section shows this:
"Size 11 fits shoe 5.5-8.5; size 13 fits 9-12.5; size 15 fits 13-15"
I usually wear a size 11 tennis shoe, so naturally I bought their size 13. It was WAY too big. So I tried the size 11 which fit perfectly. My advice is to ignore their sizing chart and just buy the size that corresponds to your shoe size. If you're a size 12, their size 13 would probably be good. But if you're smaller than that (10 - 11 1/2), I would go with their size 11. One final thing: Wash the socks before the first use. They seemed to be coated with a chemical of some kind which made them slippery until after I had washed them.
on December 9, 2012
I'm a nationally ranked senior tennis player living in Florida, and Thorlo tennis socks, either the regular crew or the mini crew, are the ONLY socks that I ever buy. The extra padding in these socks is worth every penny if you're playing a demanding sport such as tennis. Buy multiple pairs and rotate them for extended wear. Even if you don't do this, these socks last longer than any I've ever owned. I wear the longer sock on cooler days and the shorter sock when my legs are fully exposed, thus allowing for a more natural tan. Because I live in a warm, sunny climate, I wear the mini more frequently, but I buy both styles. I live in Maine in the summer and use the longer version more frequently there. These socks are also great for just walking around the house because of the comfortable padding.
on April 25, 2012
I have a few pairs of women's Thorlo, cushioned, no show tennis socks which I bought at least 10 years ago. They are in great shape, not worn at all, and I wash them in hot water and bleach. Made in USA. Thought I would buy a few more pairs because other brands I own don't compare to my old Thorlos. I discovered in my local store that these socks are called "unisex" and the sizing has changed. The smallest the store had was a "unisex" pair in "medium" for womens' shoe size 6 1/2 to 10. That is one heck of a size spread. The socks looked much larger than those I bought years ago. They also looked a touch thinner or perhaps not as dense a material. Since I am a size 6 1/2 shoe, I decided not to buy these. Instead, I tried on a friend's pair of this new size( she wears a size 8 1/2 shoe)and sure enough they were much too big and bunched in my tennis shoes. My old pairs fit like a glove from the beginning. I then went to Amazon in the hopes of finding a size small (4 to 6 shoe???) but apparently, now that the socks are unisex, medium is the smallest available. What a crock to advertise these socks as fitting a size 6 1/2 women's foot. If you are a woman with larger feet, go for it. Otherwise, you will be disappointed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse