Unlock 10% savings
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Thorne Research - Meriva 500-SF (Soy Free) - Curcumin Phytosome Supplement - 120 Capsules
Enhance your purchase
|Special Ingredients||Yeast, Soy free|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Unit Count||120.00 Count|
About this item
- Mobility: Reduces joint stiffness*
- Comfort: Promotes flexibility by providing relief from minor aches and muscle soreness*
- Healthy Inflammatory Response: Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response in the joints, muscles, GI tract, liver, brain, eyes, and nerves*
- Superior Absorption: Thorne’s Meriva is the most clinically-studied curcumin on the market and as a phytosome complex it provides superior absorption compared to other curcumin extracts
- Trusted: Thorne is chosen by champions and trusted by 100+ pro teams. Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content. Thorne is also a proud partner of 11 U.S. Olympic Teams
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
This information is provided to help you make an educated choice. Remember to talk with your health-care professional before starting a supplement regimen. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any non-Mayo products or services. Mayo Clinic has authorized Thorne Research to distribute Mayo Clinic health information as part of its commitment to serve as a reliable resource for the public.
What is curcumin?
Curcumin is a yellow-colored substance found in turmeric root. You might be more familiar with turmeric as the spice that gives many curries their bright-yellow color. Curcumin has been shown to decrease swelling (inflammation) and relieve occasional soreness.*Should I consider taking a curcumin dietary supplement?
Curcumin appears to offer several health benefits. Research supports its use as an antioxidant.* Curcumin dietary supplements often are used to help relieve occasional aches and soreness.*
Be aware that not all curcumin is well-absorbed. Research suggests that curcumin that is bound to phospholipids, called a phytosome, has enhanced absorption and results in increased blood levels of curcumin. This means you can take less to receive the same benefits.
What are the dietary sources of curcumin?
The plant turmeric, which is used as a spice in cooking and is a constituent of curry powder, is the major source of curcumin. Turmeric powder is about three-percent curcumin, so if you regularly consume curry, you are receiving some of curcumin's health benefits. Higher amounts are available in dietary supplements.
How can curcumin affect my health?
Supplemental curcumin can benefit you in several ways:
- Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response in various parts of the body*
- Provides antioxidant support*
- Provides support for joint, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate and nerve health*
- Provides relief from occasional soreness*
- If you are taking unmodified curcumin, the general recommended amount is 3,000 to 12,000 mg daily (3-12 grams).
- If you are taking curcumin bound to a phytosome such as Meriva, the recommended amount can be 500 to 2,000 mg daily as this form is more easily absorbed.
Studies of curcumin generally have shown it to be well-tolerated, even at high doses (up to 8,000 mg a day). However, doses of more than 6,000 milligrams a day can cause mild GI discomfort, such as gas and loose or yellow stools. If you experience symptoms of an allergic reaction, stop taking curcumin and seek medical attention.Is it safe to take a curcumin dietary supplement with other medications?
Curcumin can interact with various medications. It may:
- Increase the risk of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) for individuals on an anti-diabetes drug
- Increase the risk of bleeding if used with a blood-thinning medication (anticoagulant), such as aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) and others
- Interact with the drugs talinolol and sulfasalzine (Azulfidine EN-tabs)
- Interact with certain chemotherapy drugs
If you are considering taking a curcumin dietary supplement, check with your health care professional first, especially if you are pregnant or have a health condition.
Product detailsSize:120 Count (Pack of 1)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2.58 x 2.58 x 4.94 inches; 4.87 Ounces
- Date First Available : March 21, 2016
- Manufacturer : Thorne Research
- ASIN : B01D8V075U
Best Sellers Rank:
#5,042 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #12 in Curcumin Herbal Supplements
- Customer Reviews:
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Curcumin Phytosome Supplement
Two Capsules Contain: Curcumin Phytosome* (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phospholipid complex from Sunflower) 1 g. Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Citrate.
Take 1-2 capsules two times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner. Servings Per Container: 60
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please contact your healthcare professional immediately if you experience any unwanted side effects. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship. Please be sure to consult your physician before taking this or any other product.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Compare with similar items
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After I shocked her with my skills I hobbled off into an eight month pain that affected my hip. I tried working the muscle out and rubs but it wasnt until I started using curcumin that it completely went away. It was impossible for me to cross my legs indian style but now i can do it with ease. This vitamin works great and the anti-inflamatory results convinced me. I highly reccommend this product. I just ordered another bottle.
to the lower (half) dose extended release form. Not successful. Big difference in my experience, between the two.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.