Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 128 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 132 reviews
VINE VOICEon June 19, 2014
While this appears similar to The Virgin Diet All-in-One Shake, there is actually a Thorne research product better than both. I purchased and compared all three products (Virgin Diet All-In-One-Shake, Thorne Research All-In-One Shake, and Thorne Research VegaLite).

Comparisons:

#1 You get the same amount of protein in ONE level scoop of VegaLite (21g) as you do in TWO scoops of All-In-One (22g)

#2 More carbs! The All-In-One has more carbs (14g) compared to the VegaLite (5g)

#3 More fiber! The All-In-One has more fiber (6g) compared to the VegaLite (0g)

#4 Less sodium! The All-In-One has less sodium (350mg) compared to VegaLite (420mg)

#5 Taste: both products taste the same. Pea powder with a chocolate flavoring is my best description. You'll get used to it.

The All-In-One is good if you are looking for fiber and less sodium. The VegaLite is good if you want to save money, you'll need HALF the amount that you need to use with All-In-One. Therefore, you'll need to reorder All-In-One twice as often. If you do not have Amazon Prime then you are also paying shipping costs, an added expense.

My recommendation is the Thorne Research VegaLite Chocolate flavor. When I drink the VegaLite (my preference over the All-In-One-Shake) I use two scoops VegaLite, 2 Tbsp. PB2 Powdered Chocolate Peanut Butter 2 and flaxseed for fiber. My result is that I get 47g protein and 10g carbs in each drink. I'm following the JJ Virgin elimination diet (no gluten, dairy, soy, etc) along with high protein, low carb eating. I mix this together using the Blender Bottle, for a meal replacement.
1010 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2014
I make a shake for my kids some mornings. Some almond or raw milk, banana, berries, and a scoop of this product per child. They are satiated until lunch. Excellent way to get their protein, vitamins, and minerals. Thorne Research is a high quality brand without the junk.
on April 3, 2017
I love having this for breakfast every day and I don't feel I need to take many of my supplements, including a multi, when I drink this. Tastes good, even my 15 year old likes it. I use one scoop chocolate, one scoop vanilla in organic unsweetened almond milk.
on May 14, 2014
This is by FAR the BEST shake I have ever had. And it is the most healthy to boot! Nothing artificial, no strange after-taste. Just pure, delicious vanilla shake...with no dairy! With less than 5 Grams of sugar, no whey, dairy, eggs, soy or gluten, you won't believe how good this tastes. I mix it with unsweetened vanilla coconut milk, some whole flax seed and organic frozen berries and I have a meal that satisfies me straight through to the afternoon.

I highly recommend this product to vegans, vegetarians, and anyone who is looking for a healthy, GREAT-tasting shake that is as nutritious as it is delicious. It took me literally years to find this product and I am SO glad I did! The vanilla is the best, but the chocolate is also very good. I don't like the taste of stevia and this product is completely devoid of that. From a texture perspective, it is far superior to hemp proteins and other plant-based proteins. Because it is pea protein based, it doesn't leave you feeling "bloated" like a lot of whey and soy based protein powders do.

I give it 5 stars for flavor, mix-ability, nutritional content, and overall value as a superb meal replacement. It feels great in my belly too, as I used to suffer from extreme IBS and this product has kept me symptom-free. LOVE IT!
on July 3, 2017
Higher priced than most. produces a nice thick shake. My sisters and I use it as the base for our green goo. -you add your favorites like extra fiber or collagen then throw on some spinach or kale. I had only tried vanilla before . Chocolate is slightly different, helps hide the taste of kale better. Protein is pea based, non-dairy.
on March 11, 2017
The chocolate flavor is actually good. Probably on par with the best protein shake I've ever had. I've only had one other meal replacement shake which was Orgain. They have more calories per serving but Throne's flavor is way better. I only switched because the seller for Orgain ran out of the chocolate flavor. I work 12 hour shifts and this makes for a quick breakfast when having to wake up at 4am.
on September 8, 2015
We first found thorne research medipro vegan shake mix when looking for an alternative to the JJ Virgin shake mix. From what I can tell they are essentially the same product. The taste is really pretty good, especially if you add a few of your favorite shake ingredients. We continued to purchase this product for over a year after we finished the Virgin diet since we appreciated this easy, nutritious, and healthy breakfast option.

I recommend using frozen fruit instead of ice when making these shakes. My favorite breakfast shake recipe is:

- 2 scoops of the medipro vegan shake mix
- 2 cups of Almond Breeze milk alternative
- 3-4 large frozen strawberries (Costco)
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 cup water

This is such a tasty treat in the morning its hard to believe its actually healthy. For the record, I am not vegan or even vegetarian, but I look forward to this shake every morning. I've converted several of my lifting buddies to this product after I made them a post-workout shake using the above recipe :)
on October 8, 2016
I have been using this stuff for 12 months. I love it. Don't waste your money on Shakeolgy or Plexus or any of those products.
on April 1, 2017
Second bottle. Mixes well in a blender. Not gritty. Just the right amount of chocolate. Keeps me full until lunch. Great with fresh or frozen fruit.
on June 7, 2017
I lost over 40 lbs in the last year and having this shake every morning and for some meals has really helped for those times I had no time to prepare a meal. I have kept the weight off and it's been my go to mostly for breakfast now. Delicious and healthy. Love this shake!