- Age Range: 5 - 8 years
- Grade Level: Kindergarten - 3
- Lexile Measure: 680L (What's this?)
- Paperback: 40 pages
- Publisher: Candlewick; Reprint edition (June 9, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0763642843
- ISBN-13: 978-0763642846
- Product Dimensions: 9.9 x 0.2 x 10.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 142 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,181 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Peer Pressure
- #4 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Homelessness & Poverty
- #10 in Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Multicultural Stories > African-American
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Those Shoes Paperback – June 9, 2009
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"A poignant, thought-provoking book." -- -------- School Library Journal 12/01/2007
"Whether children are on the shoe-owning or the shoe-envying side of the economic line, they can sympathize with Jeremy and rejoice in the way he eventually resolves his problem with his too-small shoes." -- -------- Horn Book, The 11/01/2007
Blue Ribbon Award, 2007 -- The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books,
Charlotte Zolotow Award, Highly Commended Book for 2007 -- Cooperative Children's Book Center
"Boelts blends themes of teasing, embarrassment and disappointment with kindness and generosity in a realistic interracial school scenario." -- Kirkus Reviews 09/15/2007
"Jones' autumn-toned illustrations wonderfully complement Boelts' sweet-natured main characters and non-didactic life lesson." -- Booklist 11/01/2007
December 2007 (circ. 3,000): "In this witty, wise picture book Boelts presents a kids-eye view of a consumer fad that rages through school at gale force." -------- -- -------- Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, starred review, The 12/05/2007 --This text refers to the Library Binding edition.
About the Author
Maribeth Boelts is a former preschool teacher who has written numerous books for children. She lives in Iowa with her husband and three children.
Noah Z. Jones is the illustrator of NOT NORMAN: A GOLDFISH STORY, THE MONSTER IN THE BACKPACK, and WELCOME TO THE BED AND BISCUIT. He lives in Maine.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
Most recent customer reviews
It is done adeptly and holds the interests of the age it was meant to engage.