Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 118 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 140 reviews
on January 7, 2016
Really like the story and sentiments in this book, and am pleased it shows multi racial kids. I purchased this for a friend who just had a baby boy. She loves shoes and these type of ideas, so I thought it was fitting. She loves it. Story is about a boy who wants shoes everyone else had, but his grandmother can't afford those shoes and boots he needs. He finds them at a thrift store but they are too small and he has to wear donated shoes that are not age appropriate. Only one little boy, who can't afford the shoes either, does not make fun of him and he eventually gives them to that boy, as they have become friends. A good lesson on friendship, wants versus needs, and giving.
on May 8, 2016
What a great story. Coming from a poor family and being significantly smaller than other children my age, almost all my clothes & shoes were hand me downs from friends and were often a little childish for my liking. I was Jeremy in this story. I was choked up holding back tears. Tears of sympathy and then of pride for this young boy. Enjoyable story with some great messages. Excellent conversation with my 4 year old. Highly recommended!
on December 28, 2016
This book was a wonderful book to get my students talking about those people in their communities who maybe less fortunate than themselves. The students really empathized with the main character and the storyline invited a worthwhile discussion. I teach Second Grade, but most children would like the story and could relate.
on June 15, 2017
I am a youth and family therapist and realized that issues surrounding gratitude started to pop up regularly in my practice. let me just say, i am SO thankful that i read this book at home prior to bringing it to work and reading it in session because about 1/2 way through i realized where the story was going and began to get teary. by the end of the book, i was crying like a baby!! it's an emotional roller coaster!! pheeeeew.
on November 25, 2016
One of the best book I have purchased. I actually saw this as one of a list of 10 books that teaches kindness to children which this one really does. I highly recommends this book.
on February 12, 2016
I am a school social worker for an elementary school. The kids love this book. They can relate to it. I use it to teach them to be considerate and mindful about the economic situations of others that may not be as fortunate. It also has a very powerful message at the end that teaches children about selflessly giving to others.
on April 1, 2017
I wanted a book to encourage my kid to be generous and kind. I liked that this book talked about how hard it is sometimes to be generous, and how we sometimes wrestle with wanting to be selfish. This book made me choke up with how matter-of-factly sweet it was.
on March 31, 2017
My brother & sister-in-law requested donations to a local nonprofit for my goddaughters birthday. We did that, but I thought including a book on philanthropy would be a good addition, and you can never have too many books. The story is wonderful.
on November 4, 2016
I really like the moral of this story. I buy a lot of books for my kids to read that are about empathy and social skills and this is one of my favorites. Have had some really good talks with my son after reading this book.
on November 15, 2014
I loved this story - Part of my Kindness Theme for 3rd grade Catechism - This story delivered lessons on friendship and kindness, sharing, and charity. - It helped me teach about wants and needs, (especially during Advent season) I highly recommend - and not just for Catechism.