Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 28, 2015
This book is amazing. Honestly, I'm only half way through it, but I love it so much I've recommended it to so many people. It's a must read for anybody. It's about shame and empathy. How we can better understand ourselves and others so we can help to heal ourselves and others. I can't wait to read more of her work.
review image
on October 29, 2016
Wonderful insights! Very relevant content and a great way to explore oneself further and get a better understanding of how our relationships and interactions with others can be tainted by feelings of shame, guilt, inadequacy and other conditioning.
I listened to it two times already!
on January 16, 2014
I did not get much out of this book, though recommended by a friend. I think it was repetitive and not very well written. For example, the author would refer to "three" features or "12" features of something, and not tell you what they are for quite a while. I was left wondering. Most of it is quite "talky" with case studies. I really like this author's TED talks, so maybe that's a better way to go.
on September 26, 2017
Great book, great price, great service!
on December 15, 2015
This was an excellent book on shame, because Brene is very thorough in her research and she explains her theories with real life stories. Brene speaks candidly about a topic which is still taboo for many people. Understanding shame better really assists me in giving pastoral care to my congregation as a Presbyterian pastor. Thanks, Brene!
on December 26, 2013
I loved this book and plan to get more to give out. This is one of the best books on
the subject of shame. Very practical and honest. I was so encouraged after reading it. I normally get
so frightened about speaking engagements, due to past experiences. This book helped me actually look forward
to the upcoming speaking engagement I had. Even my husband noticed and was surprised that I was not anxious.
Thanks to Brene for being willing to be so vunerable and honest about her own life experiences.
on February 24, 2015
Brene Brown does an amazing job at breaking down shame, the effects of shame in everyday life, and the tools necessary to build shame resilience in one's life. She writes in a way that professionals and lay people alike can relate to and find a deeper understanding of this prevalent issue.
on November 14, 2017
Love Brene, love her writing
on April 8, 2014
This book is great for really taking stock of the baggage each individual carries around. I found myself making lots of notes and seeing objectively how our mind sends us warped messages that we can challenge before removing them forever.
Well written by a professional. She is spot on.
on June 8, 2016
Brene Brown is the hot thing these days for a good reason. She's smart and has something worthwhile to say, writes in a readable style.