Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thoughts and Feelings: A Sentence Completion Card Game
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

on December 31, 2010
Parents, teachers, counselors, therapists - these cards are a must-have!

I have purchased these cards many times over the years, both for my own professional and personal use, and as gifts for others. They allow children to open up in a playful way, and create wonderful conversation starters between kids and adults. With my own child, they are a fun way to chat and learn new things about each other. With kids and families in therapy, they create opportunities to assess needs and deepen relationships between family members, or between client and therapist.

There are so many ways to use them, too! You can just draw from the deck and shre, or you can pair these cards with another favorite game. For example, I sometimes bring the cards out along with Checkers or Chess, and anytime someone loses a game piece to the other player, they draw a card and complete the sentence. I have also paired the cards with Jenga, Don't Break the Ice, Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, and many other childhood games.

Kids love the adorable artwork, and the fact that they can answer their own way makes these cards a non-threatening way to get to know someone new or deepen a relationship with someone trusted.

I highly recommend this and other Bright Spots products to anyone with children from about age three (adults read the card aloud for the child) to adult.
on December 10, 2012
I have found this most helpful when paired with a game such as Candyland. Pairing the cards with a game like Candyland enhances the interest factor for kids. I pick three different colors and let the child know at the beginning that every time someone draws one of those three colors they will also draw a Thoughts and Feelings Card. It's a non threatening way to get quiet kiddos in particular to open up and share. Once they give an answer I can explore the topic more with them if appropriate. The only caution I might offer is that you might want to pre arrange the cards...During one game the first card we drew was "Someone I know who has died is..." This was kind of an intense start to the activity! Other than that, however, the cards offer a great starting point for deeper conversation.
on October 8, 2011
I am a clinical therapist at a Title I elementary school. I integrate these cards into classic children's games of chance (ie. Candyland and Chutes & Ladders) with my kids. They are great conversation starters and really help with building the therapeutic relationship and delving into some deeper issues in a very non-threatening manner. They are great for early sessions with kids. Good quality cards as well.
on February 15, 2012
I am a clinician at a children's mental health clinic and this is probably the most useful therapeutic item that I have purchased. I use it often and kids really respond to it. I would highly recommend this product.
on December 14, 2011
I use this product and the Thoughts and Feelings 2 cards in my agency practice on a regular basis as a starter and throughout treatment for children, adolescents, and families to facilitate communication and information gathering.
I use them both alone and integrated with a "regular" game. The response has been terrific by all and allows me to gather information in a non-confrontational manner. Children and families have the opportunity to share thoughts and emotions with myself and their families in a positive way.
I highly recommend this product and have loaned out my sets many times to other counselors for use with their clients and they have reported positive results as well.
on July 7, 2011
These are great. Good sturdy cards with a sturdy box. I have found them very helpful in allowing clients to open up in a non threatening way. They are even helpful with adolescents
on December 29, 2011
This toy reminds me of the Un-Game, but the funny pictures and larger cards make it more inviting for younger children. It makes a great ice-breaker in family therapy. Kids who require a little more incentive can earn a goldfish cracker, m&m, etc., for each completed answer.
on February 6, 2012
This is easy to use, fun to incorporate into games and gives another ways to ask open ended questions. It is great for working with young kids, however some kids have trouble with the pictures on the cards and try to respond using the pictures.
on January 20, 2012
I LOVE this sentence completion game. Works great with adolescents or children to find out "themes" they're experiencing or how they are seeing situations in their life. Excellent tool for a therapist to have in their tool box. Great to use as a way to connect with your children to find out what's going on in their life and as a conversation starter.
on June 15, 2014
As a school psychologist in an elementary school I am always looking for games to open conversation with my students. This game is great to play with other regular board games. For example, I sometimes play this with Chutes and Ladders. Every time the student lands on a chute or a ladder, they have to choose a card from the pile and finish the sentence. I use it with students from 1st to 5th grades. It's a great game to use in a therapy setting that all my students enjoy. My own daughter also asks to play this game again and again.