Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 15, 2011
First and foremost, I want to start this review by setting expectations.

If you're buying these sheets because they say "1200 thread count" then please keep something in mind - they are MICROFIBER. When I first considered getting these sheets, half of the reviews complained about how thin they are. A lot of customers claimed they were being ripped off, because the thread count "couldn't possibly be 1200." Disregard any review that says that, because these are definitely 1200 thread count sheets! They are 1200 microfiber thread count, though.

Microfiber: Microfiber is not nearly as thick as full cotton sheets. By design, it is much, much thinner. Does that lower the quality of these sheets? Not one bit! They're very comfortable, and have been excellent for the summer. I have not tried them in the winter yet, but I suspect they'll hold up alright. If you live someplace really cold, then you should really use something like flannel sheets in the winter anyway, right?

OK - now that we have that out of the way, here is my overall consensus on these sheets.

Likes:
- VERY soft and comfortable. Before using these I used three sets of sheets. One set was 200 thread count cotton, one of them 500 cotton, and the other was 800 satin. By comparison, these sheets are softer and warmer than any of the others by a good margin.

- Lightweight and easy fitting. They go on my queen mattress like a charm and I never have to fight with them. You would think this would be the case for most sheets, but surprisingly the thicker the cotton the harder it is to get a proper fit. Especially for the fitted sheet, and especially for pillow top mattresses.

- At night, there are no cold spots in the sheets. Generally, I actually enjoy having cold spots in my sheets. You know how it is... If it gets too hot and you wake up at night, you can move to a new spot in the sheets and cool down again. These sheets are the same temperature all around though, and at first it bothered me, but after a few weeks I'm over it and enjoy the constant temp.

- These sheets do not get really hot or really cold. They breathe well so in the heat of the summer I'm not dying. (Just you try getting that result with 1200 thread count pure cotton sheets...) Anyway, they don't get cold either, as the microfiber seems to keep the sheets the same temp as your body, or a little warmer with a comforter. For those who sweat at night due to their sheets, but still want comfort, I'd definitely recommend giving these a go.

Dislikes:
- It takes two - three weeks to break these sheets in. It also takes 3 - 5 washes, at least. This isn't a bad thing I guess, but I pretty much hated these sheets out of the package. They felt like velvet! So yeah, be patient and break them in.

- Even after four washes, the sheets still bled. I thought by then they wouldn't bleed, and made the mistake of combining a set of white cotton sheets with them in the wash. Now I have pink cotton sheets... Yay! Just know that bleeding may occur for extended periods of time, and so you may want to wash individually. (As a 25 year old male, I find this to be a hassle.)

The bleeding and the break in time are the only reasons these sheets don't get a perfect score, but those are mostly nitpick complaints.

Conclusion:
Highly recommended! Comfortable, affordable, and so long as you have your expectations set correctly on the microfiber, you will not be disappointed. DO NOT BUY IF YOU WANT 1200 THREAD COUNT PURE COTTON SHEETS - because then you'll end up giving these sheets a bad review for no other reason than your inability to pay attention. :)
44 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 31, 2013
Do not buy this product. Very poorly made. It was my fault for assuming it was cotton. These sheets are going back. Amazon should rethink using this seller.
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 30, 2011
Ordering a sheet set that says 1200 thread count, originally almost $200, but magically marked down 70% you would imagine finding a great deal. The problem is when you get the sheets they are ridiculously thin for a sheet claiming to be 1200 thread count. On the packaging for the sheets it says "compare to 1500 thread count." Which is funny because i ordered 1200 thread count, and somehow ended up with this set that doesnt explain its actual thread count but wants me to compare it to 1500 (I did, and they are no where even close to the same). The first time trying to put the fitted sheet onto my mattress a section of the seams holding the elastic band in place blew out, leaving the elastic band just hanging there. I order a lot of things online, and this is the first piece I have wanted to review, because it was so bad. My advice, spend the extra money to get sheets you know will be good, don't gamble and lose on these sheets like I did.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2011
Have you ever shopped at a flea market and thought, "Man, this deal is too good to be true?" Yet when you get home with your "great" find, you are marveled at what a rube you are?

That's how I feel, and I hope you don't fall for the same thing I just did.

As a lovers of great quality sheets, each year after Christmas, I go out and search for good deals on linens (they go on sale after the holidays, much as TVs right before the Superbowl). So, finding a set of quality sheets on the internet isn't usually hard around this time. I've never been shortchanged, and I always come out on top. Until now, that is.

As I said, I like quality linens, and you truly would be better off going to Walmart and picking up Hannah Montana sheets than sleep on these.

1) They appear to be a Poly cotton or Poly blend, not 100% cotton.
2) They are not 1200 TC. They appear to be somewhere in the range of 100-150 TC.
3) They are not stitched with any kind of skill. I would expect more out of my local Jr. High Home Ec. student.

I say that they are probably poly-blend b/c they carry a sheen on one side and are dull on the reverse. As I am pretty sure that it will cost more to return them that it is to warn others, I will probably burn off a small swatch and run a gas analysis on it to confirm, but from first glance, the fibers melt instead of burn which is clearly indicative of a synthetic rather than natural fiber.

I additionally state that they cannot be 1200 TC, as I can see each individual fiber with the naked eye. Having a closet full of linens of high quality (that I paid about the same price for) I can assure you that anything over 600 TC cannot be viewed easily with the naked eye, must less seen through when held up to the light.

The stitching...well, lets just say that I've got better stitching on my shirts.woot orders for $4.

In any case, I don't blame the Amazon vendor for this, as it looks like the JS Sanders resellers probably have about as much knowledge of bedding and linens as the guy that sells cellphone antenna boosters has knowledge of millimeter wave propagation and waveguides.

In any case, I just wanted everyone get a good opinion of what these sheets are like, and after having looked at the reviews for other sheets of the same set, I wager that many of them have either never walked in a linen store or they are simply shill reviews to downplay actual customers.

But, as LeVar Burton used to say, "Don't take my word for it..."
3131 comments| 398 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 10, 2011
Once you wash these sheets the first time they turn into a horribly gross lint/hair magnet! I can ONLY use them inside out. The underside is soft and doesn't trap lint, but of course you can see the seams. They are also thinner than I expected, good for summer... but only if you never wash them. Wish I could return them.

The dark purple is a very pretty color. The price was nice. But don't be fooled, they are not luxurious sheets.
0Comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 11, 2011
These sheets do not appear to be what is described. They are advertised on Amazon as "1200 Thread Count," but when we received them, the packaging actually said they were "like 1200 thread count." To me, that means they are not actually 1200 thread count sheets, but rather some imitation. Not impressed already. Also, the 2 "bonus" pillow cases are not the same color as the sheets and other 2 pillow cases. They are much more green and the sheets are blue. Not a big deal for us since we didn't plan on using them, but still kind of weird.

We decided to give them a try anyway, and they were a huge disappointment. The sheets seem to have two "sides" to them- one side is very soft, almost more like jersey material, and the other side is this weird scratchy satin-type material. Since the scratchy satin side is totally uncomfortable to sleep against, we figured the soft side was the "correct" side.

The sheets sleep very warm, and don't have that nice cool feeling that good egyptian cotton sheets have. They also seem very thin and cheaply made, and after we had already taken them out of the packaging and washed them, we noticed a rip in the fitted sheet, and several brown stains. I guess we can't prove they arrived that way, since we didn't see this until after we washed them, but our washer/dryer has never stained anything else before, and certainly hasn't ripped anything!! So, they either arrived ripped and stained, or are made so poorly that one wash ruined them.

Either way, I would never recommend these sheets- I guess you get what you pay for.
44 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 19, 2016
Really love this color. It vibrant and the fabric is so soft. Bought this is in the queen size and it fits my duvet perfectly.

ETA: I had to buy another brown set because I switched my down comforter to a king. I didnt mention before because it was irrelevent but the set comes in 2 packages. One has the duvet cover and 2 shams the other has the flat, fitted, and 2 pillow cases. Well. The shade of brown between the two do not match. One is a deep brown the other a rustic looking brown. This is the second time its happened. Once when I bought a navy blue set for my kids bed. The duvet and 2 shams were a darker blue than the sheets and pillow cases.

You would think they would have noticed that but then again with all the automation thats done in amazon Im not surprised.

All in all great sheets. They feel soft and comfortable.
on April 11, 2013
These sheets are 100% polyester. We should have known you would not get 1500 thread count Egyptian cotton for the price offered. The only positive thing I can say is I am glad I used my Discover card points to get these and did not pay out of pocket. We slept one night on them, and that is the last time they will be used in our home!
0Comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 29, 2017
The sheets are so soft I'd gladly replace my 1200 count ones with another set. The duvet cover fit perfectly and there is no sliding around inside, however the closing buttons may be an issue in the near future though as they don't appear to be stitched well. The set was really dirty- most likely from the warehouse so I'd highly recommend washing first. The color is as expected, and did not bleed.

**EDIT** After 3 weeks of use 2 of the buttons fell off the duvet while I was making the bed. On closer inspection there is just one stitch holding the buttons to the fabric. I went through and reinforced all of them and I'm happy again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 25, 2015
These are not aqua. They are an ugly washed out grey. They are really ugly and I would return them but I bought them to put on with a quilt I was making that took a long time to get quilted. When I opened the container the color was so disappointing that I figured I would not put the pillows on top of the quilt. Anyway to late to return so I am looking for some fabric to make all new pillow cases or throwing these out and getting a new set. I am posting a photo of the color against the aqua in the quilt. The vibrant color shown in the ad is misleading
review image