Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.

• Apple
  • Android
  • Windows Phone
  • Android

To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.

Buy Used
$9.08
+ $3.99 shipping
Used: Good | Details
Sold by grago books
Condition: Used: Good
Comment: CDs, access codes, and other accessories are not guaranteed to be included as this is a used book and has already been used by another student. Some cover wear, may contain marks such as highlighting or writing inside
Have one to sell? Sell on Amazon
Flip to back Flip to front
Listen Playing... Paused   You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
Learn more
See this image

Thread Painting: Simple Techniques to Add Texture and Dimension Paperback – Bargain Price, September 26, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars 36 customer reviews

See all 2 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Price
New from Used from
Paperback, Bargain Price, September 26, 2007
$17.19 $9.06

This is a bargain book and quantities are limited. Bargain books are new but could include a small mark from the publisher and an Amazon.com price sticker identifying them as such. Details

The Amazon Book Review
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
click to open popover

Special Offers and Product Promotions

Editorial Reviews

From the Author

I hope that you will enjoy this easy technique and the many, varied projects included. For any quilt teachers who would like to teach this technique, I would be happy to help you develop a lesson plan for your specific needs.

From the Back Cover

Fabric is your canvas and needles and threads your brushes and paints. Gone are the days of searching endlessly for that "perfect" fabric with the texture and dimension you are looking for. Unleash your artist within and get perfect results every time!

Throughout the pages of Thread Painting, Leni Levenson Wiener shows you a new and easy way to "paint" with thread using inkjet-printable fabric or ready-made fabrics to create artwork you can use with any sewing or quilting project.

In addition to a step-by-step guide to thread painting and sketching you will enjoy: 17 projects you can make using these simple thread painting techniques; tips for getting the right image onto the fabric without losing subtle color changes and small details; advise on bobbins, thread tension, thread selection and stabilizers.

The simple and time-saving techniques make thread painting as easy as painting by numbers or coloring in a coloring book. So add your own innovations and images and make your work uniquely yours!

NO_CONTENT_IN_FEATURE

New York Times best sellers
Browse the New York Times best sellers in popular categories like Fiction, Nonfiction, Picture Books and more. See more

Product Details

• Paperback: 144 pages
  • Publisher: Krause Publications (September 26, 2007)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0896894355
  • ASIN: B004KAB74O
  • Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 0.3 x 10.8 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
  • Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (36 customer reviews)
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,592,714 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Customer Reviews

Top Customer Reviews

By Margaret Young on November 6, 2007
Format: Paperback
This book is GREAT! I found the technique so easy to learn and very effective. I especially loved the cat portrait in the book, and as a cat lover (I have 9 cats at home), I thought I could "thread paint" a few of their portraits. I'm so pleased with the results that I'm going for all 9!
Comment 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
This is not a book for a beginner. I have been sewing for many years but am having trouble with this skill. The book makes it look so easy yet even with practicing I am no where near having something that looks decent. I will keep practicing because I like the look and hope I can get to a level that is passable.
2 Comments 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
Format: Paperback
This book is wonderful! The instructions are so easy to follow. The creative ideas are endless. It definitely takes you to next level with quilting. The best part is, you don't have to be able to draw!!!!! You can feel the author's energy, it's contagious!
Comment 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
What more could you ask for than this book to learn thread painting which gives a lovely finish to your quilt.
I love this book so much, when it was lost I had to purchase another copy straight away to put back with my favourites on the book shelf.
The easy to follow instructions are clear and the effects of thread painting adds a new dimension which is suprisingly easy to do.
I wish I had found this book sooner, the ideas are wonderful.
Diva Drothy
Comment 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
This book has the basics of thread painting, but the explanations are somewhat minimal. I think that the pictures are very good, and perhaps explain more than the words.
Comment 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
I bought this book for technical info, and that was a small part of the book, but helpful. I purchased it with another book on same subject so together they got me started with thread painting. Project templates are in the book, and I would use them to practice on, but were not something I would incorporate into my fiber art. Would have preferred great discussion on specific stabilizers with pros and cons of each and when to use them. Same for what needles work best with what threads.
Comment 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
I have not tried this technique yet, but in reading this book I really like the concept of being able to add this technique to my quilts. Very well written and easy to understand, and very a creative writer as well.
Comment 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
The technique shown by Leni Wiener makes thread painting seem "doable" for me. I have two or three other books on thread painting and they are all excellent, but this is my favourite.
Comment 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse

Most Recent Customer Reviews