Kindle Price: $9.99

Save $5.01 (33%)

These promotions will be applied to this item:

Some promotions may be combined; others are not eligible to be combined with other offers. For details, please see the Terms & Conditions associated with these promotions.

Deliver to your Kindle or other device

Deliver to your Kindle or other device

A Thread of Truth (Cobbled Court Quilts Book 2) by [Bostwick, Marie]
Audible Narration
Playing...
Paused
Kindle App Ad

A Thread of Truth (Cobbled Court Quilts Book 2) Kindle Edition

4.6 out of 5 stars 157 customer reviews

See all 12 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Price
New from Used from
Kindle
"Please retry"
$9.99

Length: 353 pages Word Wise: Enabled Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Page Flip: Enabled Audible Narration:
Audible Narration
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $3.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Ready

Featured Titles in Fiction
They May Not Mean To, But They Do: A Novel
click to open popover

Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.

• Apple
  • Android
  • Windows Phone
  • Android

To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.

Editorial Reviews

From Publishers Weekly

Stitched into the heartwarming second installment of Bostwick's contemporary New England quilters series (after 2008's A Single Thread) is an unbreakable thread of friendship and faith. Following a pattern similar to her first (in which shop owner Evelyn Dixon fought breast cancer), Bostwick centers the action around a serious struggle: on the run from an abusive husband, Ivy Peterman and her children, Bethany and Bobby, find refuge in the New Bern, Conn., women's shelter. There, Ivy meets philanthropist Abigail Burgess Wynne and through her lands a job at Evelyn's shop, Cobbled Court Quilts. After 18 months of peace, Ivy's appearance in a Quilt Pink Day promotion, draws out her violent husband. When he appears at Evelyn's shop to confront Ivy, newfound friends and perspective give Ivy the strength to stand up to him, begin divorce proceedings and learn that hiding from fears won't resolve them. Bostwick switches effortlessly from Ivy's poignant story to quilting circle updates, keeping fans in the loop and on their toes with a surprising bit of marriage news. (June)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Review

“Stitched into the heartwarming second installment of Bostwick's contemporary New England quilters series (after 2008's A Single Thread) is an unbreakable thread of friendship and faith. Following a pattern similar to her first (in which shop owner Evelyn Dixon fought breast cancer), Bostwick centers the action around a serious struggle: on the run from an abusive husband, Ivy Peterman and her children, Bethany and Bobby, find refuge in the New Bern, Conn., women's shelter. There, Ivy meets philanthropist Abigail Burgess Wynne and through her lands a job at Evelyn's shop, Cobbled Court Quilts. After 18 months of peace, Ivy's appearance in a Quilt Pink Day promotion draws out her violent husband. When he appears at Evelyn's shop to confront Ivy, newfound friends and perspective give Ivy the strength to stand up to him, begin divorce proceedings and learn that hiding from fears won't resolve them. Bostwick switches effortlessly from Ivy's poignant story to quilting circle updates, keeping fans in the loop and on their toes with a surprising bit of marriage news.” – Publishers Weekly  

“Buy A Single Thread, follow it up with A Thread of Truth and enjoy hours of storytelling that will warm your heart and help renew your belief that people can be good, if given the chance.”—www.ArmchairInterviews.com

“. . .this novel should appeal to fans of women’s fiction, especially those who enjoy needlecrafts. A similar title is Kate Jacobs’s The Friday Night Knitting Club. Highly recommended.” – Library Journal 

Product Details

• File Size: 1013 KB
  • Print Length: 353 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0758232152
  • Publisher: Kensington; Original edition (June 1, 2009)
  • Publication Date: June 1, 2009
  • Sold by: Penguin Random House Publisher Services
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B002BTT0UY
  • Text-to-Speech: Enabled
  • X-Ray:
  • Word Wise: Enabled
  • Lending: Not Enabled
  • Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #62,677 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
  •  Would you like to give feedback on images or tell us about a lower price?

Customer Reviews

Top Customer Reviews

By A Customer on May 29, 2009
Format: Paperback
Ivy Peterman left an abusive marriage to insure her children six years old Bethany and eighteen months old Bobby are safe from their father Hodge. She relocated with her kids in historic New Bern, Connecticut hiding their destination from her raging husband back in Pennsylvania. At a shelter there, women's shelter philanthropist Abigail Burgess Wynne arranges with Cobbled Court Quilts owner Evelyn Dixon to hire her to work part-time at the shop.

However, her idyllic world crashes when a TV show Quilt Pink Day is filmed at the popular store. Her former spouse Hodge sees Ivy on TV and is coming to beat the snot out of his wife and make her and the kids go home with him. His anger is fueled by eighteen months of her not being his punching dummy. He may be a tough bully, but he is unprepared for the knitting sisterhood protecting his former frightened family and kicking him to the curb.

The second New Bern England quilters' tale series (see A Single Thread) is a wonderful story that looks at the impact of abuse on the victims as Marie Bostwick makes a case that it takes a community of caring people to stop the violence. Readers will enjoy learning how the knitting circle is doing especially Evelyn who battled breast cancer with the support of her friends. However, this is Ivy's saga as she chose flight twice before (from her stepfather and her spouse), but with the support of the Cobbled Court crew she chooses fight this time to the cheering of readers.

Harriet Klausner
Comment 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
Let me start by saying that I enjoyed this book for what it is. It's the kind of book that snares you into a group of friends and makes you feel empathy and sympathy for the characters.

If I didn't have a caveat to this praise, though, I would probably not have decided to write a review. The "but" in this review is that the book is very poorly edited. It seems as if someone took a first draft and printed it. There are words left out of sentences, words left in that appear to not belong there, and at least one inconsistency in a character's name. What is a very simple, summertime read is slowed when the reader has to stop and figure out what words are missing or what ones need to be omitted or rearranged to make sense of the sentence.

All in all, the story is a nice, typical group-of-women-friends-taking-on-the-world story. I'm sure that I'll read another of the author's books as a summer diversion. However, someone at the publishing house needs to find another career.
2 Comments 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
Reading this book is like coming home to a very familiar place with cheerful faces smiling at you as you walk into the door. Ever since her first book in the series, "A Single Thread," I have come to love her cozy books about women, friendship and quilting. I am not a quilter but I hope to eventually make a quilt of my own someday. Reading again about Evelyn, the owner of the Cobbled Courts Quilt Shop and breast cancer survivor; Abigail, New Bern's richest woman and her lawyer boyfriend, Franklin; Margot, the peppy former marketing advertiser who now works for Evelyn; Liza, Abigail's niece and artist-in-training and Garrett's (Evelyn's son) girlfriend; all are beloved characters back into the fold again. This time, Bostwick adds another character, one who struggles with domestic violence, being displaced and having to fight for her children's safety and custody; Ivy. Ivy is a young woman living on the lam when a wrong turn landed her in New Bern. Slowly beginning to heal from the injuries inflicted upon her by her husband, Hodge, both physical and mental, Ivy begins to hope that perhaps there is a life for her after all. Then it all comes crashing down when inadvertently, she was featured in a short video advertisement for Evelyn's special project she is spearheading with Mary Dell, on the issues of breast cancer. Hodge found her and Ivy began to wonder if her life would ever be hers to claim again.

This book takes a different turn from the attention being so focused on breast cancer. This time, Bostwick studies the issue of domestic violence and how it wrecks havoc not only into the victim's life, but also in the lives of her children.
Read more ›
Comment 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
I'm usually a mystery reader but this book has such rich characters that I couldn't put it down. It's a serious book with a serious message but the touches of humor and the strength of the characters really drew me in. I loved the first book in the series, A SINGLE THREAD, too. In fact, I liked it so much that I gave copies to all my friends for Christmas and they loved it just as much as I did. Sometimes when books become series they subsequent titles tend to let you down, but that's not the case here. This book was every bit as good as the first. I can't wait for the next one.

Some reviewers have mentioned typos in the book. I suppose there must be but if there are I didn't notice them. Maybe I was too caught up in the story to care. The bottom line is, this is a great story that will make you laugh, cry, and cheer for the women of New Bern!
Comment 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse

Set up an Amazon Giveaway

A Thread of Truth (Cobbled Court Quilts Book 2)
Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more about Amazon Giveaway
This item: A Thread of Truth (Cobbled Court Quilts Book 2)