Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Three Strong Women
Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 2, 2014
I would recommend this book to women who have felt challenged in their lives and question their own level of success. This is certainly not a book to read on the beach but one on which to reflect. The writing style is very distinctive. You are inside of someone's head as they reflect on where they are, what they have done, and what is happening to them as a result. You really feel that for a short time you are in someone else's skin.
on March 13, 2018
Fractions of stories, women giving up everything for nothing. If there was more meaning, it escapes me. Perhaps "women will survive even with no meaning to stay alive." If others got something more, please enlighten me.
on December 6, 2013
The links between the 3 stories are not that obvious, I wasn't even sure who the strong woman was in the second tale. Yes I know there is such misery in the world as the lot of the last heroine, but I am sorry, I do not want to read about it, just too depressing. I did like the first story though, and the way she made you wonder about who saw life as it really was, who was being honest?.
on June 9, 2014
Wasn't particularly enjoyable, but I felt I had to finish it to see what the connection was between the three stories. The book left unanswered questions but I'd say it would be a good topic for discussion at a book club.
on September 6, 2013
This book was an interesting read when each section is considered individually. However, aside from mentioning a common relative's name throughout, there is no connection between each section.
on June 9, 2016
I did not like this book. Perhaps there was a problem with the translation.
on December 2, 2013
Complicated, interesting characters worth getting to know. I didn't want the stories to end. Wanted more to understand the women who quietly and powerfully change their worlds.
on June 29, 2014
The author has a very lengthy and descriptive style of phrasing a sentence or a paragraph. The story lines moved from character to character. Sometimes hard to follow. Overall, I enjoyed the book. Took me to another world.
on August 19, 2016
This is a thoughtful and intelligent book but sometimes painful to read.
on April 12, 2016