- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 7 hours and 46 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Tantor Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: November 18, 2014
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00PR43TCU
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Throttle Me: Men of Inked, Book 1 Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
|Free with your Audible trial|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
It seems like her idea of adulthood and the mentality and dialogue that
go with that are borrowed from a bad teen made for tv movie.
Things that were beyond annoying:
- Perfect Suzy is of course a bombshell. All the guys want her. And yet she's never managed to have even a semi satisfactory sexual experience?
- Apparently they live in Rapeville as Suzy is mauled and attacked by multiple men. But only when City was handy for rescue of course.
- The dialogue is painful. I have a test when I think it's odd or awkward. I say it aloud. Just try that with any line in this and you'll feel completely ridiculous. Seriously, two grown women who constantly call each other 'whore?' What do you think this is, Mean Girls?
- All of the relationships are completely juvenile. The emotional development of the characters seem to have ceased in high school.
- I could forgive some of that if the sexual content was good enough. I prefer smut with a good story but I can deal with just good smut. Unfortunately the author hasn't mastered the art of show instead of tell. Suzy was quick to talk about how amazing City was in the sack. But the descriptions were of pretty standard stuff. Just with a guy who thinks phrases such as 'balls deep' in regular conversation is sexy.
- Seriously, do these two ever have a conversation that doesn't include sex? And if that was deliberate, then unfortunately the result was decidedly unsexy and at times nearly painful.
I did not, or rather could not, finish this. I gave it a good go, getting to about the 80% mark but then the eye rolling became almost constant so I had to abandon the effort.
Suzy was such a character - I absolutely loved her innocence and how completely opposite of City that she was. The fact that she was self-proclaimed OCD with her lists always left me cracking up because that is so me! Whenever they joked about her innocence or her checklist, I saw so much of myself in her, which just made me appreciate the book even more. She wasn't just a character in a book; she was a friend who I could completely relate to. I also loved seeing her transformation throughout the book. It was a slow process that I don't think she even fully realized it was happening. It gave such a genuine feel to this character.
And oh, City, City, City! He was so masculine and alpha and dominating. He could push Suzy's buttons, but he always knew her limits. This intuitiveness is just every girl's dream. He was instantly protective of Suzy and it only grew. This is one of my favorite qualities in a male character so I instantly fell in love and swooned hardcore. I also appreciated the mystery that surrounded him. Chelle writes his character in a way that you always know there is something more to him, but never feeling like you're missing out. It's definitely a gift she has to walk that line successfully.
Furthermore, these characters together just worked for me. They exhibited real insecurities and emotions. The fact that they were complete and total opposites just had me rooting even harder for them as a couple, especially when they couldn't see it themselves. The secondary characters in the book had me desiring more of their stories as well. As soon as I finished the book, I had to figure out which character we'd get more of. The dynamic between the members of the Gallo family, as well as between Suzy with Sophia and Kayden just left me wondering what the back story for each and every one of them is (hint, hint Chelle!).
The plot was also pretty intriguing. It wasn't a lot of rollercoaster drama or angst, but it was the perfect amount to keep you on your toes but not think it's overly dramatic. Furthermore, the line of events just seemed so realistic. There was never an occurrence where I had to roll my eyes and think "enough already!", which I absolutely appreciated! It was fear and feelings I that I expected to see in these characters given their personalities. Overall, I would definitely recommend this to fellow readers! It's holy hot and steamy with the perfect amount of dramatics; a quick read you're bound to love!
I so loved this book. It was about Joseph (City) Gallo. He is super sexy and I loved that fact that he was a bike man. He had this roughness that I just loved. He was a tattoo artist at the an ink shop that him and his brothers owned.
I can not imagine what it was like for Suzy to be stranded on the side of the road at night with a dead phone and wearing a pair if painful high heels. Yeah, that had to be pretty scary and not here is this hot sexy biker stopping to help her.
I can not blame the mixing feelings that Suzy was feeling when it came to Joseph aka Joey. He looked dangerous. Here she was a school teacher and a good girl. I had to almost laugh about her list.
Loved Kayden and Sophia. These were the two most important people in Suzy’s life and I loved how they looked out for her. Kayden is like a brother to Suzy and City will have to do what he can to impress them.
There is danger around the corner and my heart broke at what City and Suzy had to go through. Their love will be tested but I love how when a love is meant to be that things we got through will just make it stronger and that is what it is like for City and Suzy.
I am so loving this series and can not wait to read the other books in this set.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Will definitely be continuing this series!!