- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 7 hours and 46 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Tantor Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: November 18, 2014
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00PR43TCU
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Throttle Me: Men of Inked, Book 1 Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
|Free with your Audible trial|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It seems like her idea of adulthood and the mentality and dialogue that
go with that are borrowed from a bad teen made for tv movie.
Things that were beyond annoying:
- Perfect Suzy is of course a bombshell. All the guys want her. And yet she's never managed to have even a semi satisfactory sexual experience?
- Apparently they live in Rapeville as Suzy is mauled and attacked by multiple men. But only when City was handy for rescue of course.
- The dialogue is painful. I have a test when I think it's odd or awkward. I say it aloud. Just try that with any line in this and you'll feel completely ridiculous. Seriously, two grown women who constantly call each other 'whore?' What do you think this is, Mean Girls?
- All of the relationships are completely juvenile. The emotional development of the characters seem to have ceased in high school.
- I could forgive some of that if the sexual content was good enough. I prefer smut with a good story but I can deal with just good smut. Unfortunately the author hasn't mastered the art of show instead of tell. Suzy was quick to talk about how amazing City was in the sack. But the descriptions were of pretty standard stuff. Just with a guy who thinks phrases such as 'balls deep' in regular conversation is sexy.
- Seriously, do these two ever have a conversation that doesn't include sex? And if that was deliberate, then unfortunately the result was decidedly unsexy and at times nearly painful.
I did not, or rather could not, finish this. I gave it a good go, getting to about the 80% mark but then the eye rolling became almost constant so I had to abandon the effort.
The book centered on Suzy the control freak with a “check list” for men and City (Joey) the sexy tattoo artist biker. In the story, her car breaks down in the middle of a deserted road and in comes City who sees her stranded on said deserted road and comes to save the day.
Let’s talk about Suzy…. I’ve read a lot of books and if anyone has read my previous reviews on books, the top most one thing I hate in a female main character is whining, nagging, and weakness and not only did this female have one of those issues, she had all 3!!! Suzy spends the first 65% of the book wallowing in self-pity and trying to convince herself that City wasn’t the man for her because he didn’t meet her “check list”, that it was beyond annoying and even cowardly of her. City, repeatedly had to convince her that he really did care about her and she shouldn’t judge him. I had to put the book down because it was getting repetitive and I felt like he could do better in a female. Then she spends the next 20ish% of the book jealous, acting like some child, or nagging about something that I couldn’t get past the 80% mark. Every little thing bothered this woman and I hate weakness, I wish we had a different female lead.
City is all things sexy in a man and he is the reason I even made it to the 80% mark and why I’m giving the book 2.5 stars instead of 1. He is the alpha male with the dirty mouth that every female loves and who your parents hate. I like how he really put in effort to show Suzy a good time but I truly felt she wasn’t worth it. Would I continue to read it? Probably not I can only stomach so much nagging.
I so loved this book. It was about Joseph (City) Gallo. He is super sexy and I loved that fact that he was a bike man. He had this roughness that I just loved. He was a tattoo artist at the an ink shop that him and his brothers owned.
I can not imagine what it was like for Suzy to be stranded on the side of the road at night with a dead phone and wearing a pair if painful high heels. Yeah, that had to be pretty scary and not here is this hot sexy biker stopping to help her.
I can not blame the mixing feelings that Suzy was feeling when it came to Joseph aka Joey. He looked dangerous. Here she was a school teacher and a good girl. I had to almost laugh about her list.
Loved Kayden and Sophia. These were the two most important people in Suzy’s life and I loved how they looked out for her. Kayden is like a brother to Suzy and City will have to do what he can to impress them.
There is danger around the corner and my heart broke at what City and Suzy had to go through. Their love will be tested but I love how when a love is meant to be that things we got through will just make it stronger and that is what it is like for City and Suzy.
I am so loving this series and can not wait to read the other books in this set.