|Print List Price:||$14.25|
Save $11.26 (79%)
Through the Riptide Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
"Through The Riptide" is the sequel of the story of Colin and his college friends/enemies.
While I was expecting Colin to be the main character in this sequel, he was not! A wonderfully strong female protagonist is introduced by Bert Murray that I fell in love with immediatly. I'm not even sure that I should be calling this a sequel because it could be read as a stand-alone novel.
I found the examination into Karl & Jasmine 20 years after college a fascinating story I did not expect. What a pleasant surprise to learn they reap what they sow!
All of the new characters introduced were even more detailed and deep than in the first novel and the writing was much more mature and flowed well.
While I don't want to go into great detail, I will say this: a third book is needed in this fantastic series! Once you read this book you will agree you want (and need!) to know what happens next in the life of Colin and his community of characters.
Bert Murray is a great writer and kind friend. His ability to connect you to his story and characters continues to amaze and delight me. Do I still like Colin 20 years after I first met him? You bet! Even more so knowing he has struggled to get to where he is and kept his passions for creativity and the loves in his life.
Colin does not let anything stop him - and neither should you! Read this awesome book!
This is the story of Lindsey at a cross-roads in life. Barely escaping a sexual assault, she decides to re-evaluate her life and her on again / off again relationship with Karl in the Hamptons – yes, the same Karl who used to be Colin’s best friend in college. While living there, she befriends Jasmine – yes, the same Jasmine, as well as a host of other lovely characters.
While trying to figure out where her life is going, she meets a tall, quiet stranger on the bus one day (Colin). He’s nothing like Karl and she cannot stop thinking about him. Colin has been dealt many setbacks in his life, starting with the cheating girlfriend in college, a failed theater career, an unsatisfying telemarketing job and a cheating wife, so he’s a bit of a cynic and it takes a person like Lindsey to get him to open up and be the person he used to be. Maybe he can trust her with his heart. Maybe he can help her through the riptide of life. Or, maybe they can help each other.
Even though it’s the story twenty years after Colin Preston Rocked and Rolled, it could be read as a stand-alone novel. But, I would recommend reading both of these books and hope Mr. Murray has book 3 in the works. I want to see what happens next.
Descriptive dialogue, real people, and a Hampton setting grounds this love story. A young woman, Lindsey runs away from the city only to run back to her past to discover surprising things about the people she thought she knew. She also learns you can't run away from life, but must conquer your past and move on to a new future, not rush. She finds she now has choices she never realized were sitting there all the time. Colin is running from himself and also a past he can't seem to forget. The two soon discover that life doesn't need to be dependent on the past. A well-written, enjoyable read about finding life is worth embracing for the right reasons and the right person. It's what you make of the future that determines your happiness
Lindsey, the narrator of Through the Riptide, did not grab and hold my attention and sympathy as Colin had. While I found some of the details of life in the Hamptons interesting, I soon tired of the superficial people and activities described. I did not recognize Colin in this book.
There are two reasons why I kept reading and finished the novel. The first is the writing. It was a pleasure to read. The second reason is that the characters of Karl and Jasmine are reintroduced early, so I was curious how they would cross Colin's path again after a number of years have passed. After sympathizing with Colin in the first book, I enjoyed the ending of this book enormously, and I understood why the author had spent so much time on the superficial people and scenes.
Although I did not enjoy this book in the same way as the first, it is well done. The ending did justify the means used by the author to get there.
In reading reviews I see there was another Colin book, so reading it may help. I'm not going to though. I've had enough.
There are some beautifully descriptions that were really nice. The characters were not nice people for the most part.
Most recent customer reviews
Thank you to the author, Bert Murray, for gifting me with a copy of Through the Riptide in exchange for an honest review!Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Biographical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense