Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.74 shipping
+ $8.44 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Wide hand-rest for optimal comfort
- Programmable: the 12 buttons and 5 axles are entirely programmable
- Dual-system aerodynamic control: by rotating handle (with integrated blocking system) or by progressive tilting lever
- Internal memory: to save all of your programming, even with the joystick disconnected
- High-precision joystick with adjustable resistance
- Programmable: the 12 buttons and 5 axles are entirely programmable
- Detachable, real-size, ergonomically-designed throttle control
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Thrustmaster is a designer and manufacturer of interactive entertainment hardware and accessories for PC and game consoles. Wide hand-rest for optimal comfort. Programmable: the 12 buttons and 5 axles are entirely programmable. (**) This joystick is not distributed under licence or with the approval of Microsoft Corporation / Ubisoft / 505 Games. Configurations by default: PC : Flight Simulator X (**) Microsoft PS3 & PC : Tom Clancy’s HawX (**) Ubisoft PS3 : IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of prey (**) 505 Games. Unique: Plug & Play for ultra-simple and fast installation with all functions pre-configured for immediate takeoff (without worrying about configuration). Detachable, real-size, ergonomically-designed throttle control. Exclusive "MAPPING" button: all functions may be instantly switched around between each other. Dual-system aerodynamic control: by rotating handle (with integrated blocking system) or by progressive tilting lever. High-precision joystick with adjustable resistance. Trigger for brakes (civil flight) or for rapid fire (military flight) + multi-directional hat (panoramic view). Internal memory: to save all of your programming, even with the joystick disconnected. Weighted base for greater stability. Exclusive "PRESET" button": to switch, while playing, instantly from one programme to another
Top customer reviews
This joystick can be used with either a PC or PlayStation 3. It has a PC-PS3 switch so you can select which one you use.
It came with the throttle and joystick separated so I decided to try it this way for a while. I've had this joystick now since the first week in August 2009 and I really like this joystick.
1. It comes in two parts, the throttle & joystick, separated by an interconnecting cable approximately 18" between them - but, they can be mounted together as one assembly if desired as the necessary wrench is included and the throttle & joystick are designed to be mounted together as one unit. I like them separated as it is more realistic - with the throttle on my left and the joystick on my right.
2. Very simple to connect to your computer. You connect the joystick to the USB port on your computer via the integral USB cable & connector - that's it! No separate power supply or adapter is required because this joystick gets its power from your computer through the USB cable/connection.
3. No installation CD included or required as once you connect this joystick to your computer it is automatically recognized and calibrated - a plug & play joystick - they don't get any simpler than this!
4. The throttle & joystick are very comfortable to hold & use. Together they have twelve programmable switches which are very easy to use on both the throttle & joystick. There are four programmable switches on the joystick module and eight on the throttle module. The joystick can be twisted left-right for the rudder control - the throttle module has a slider switch which can also be used for rudder control if so desired. Also there is an eight-position hat switch located on top of the joystick - this is normally used for 'looking around' in flight simulator programs. Both modules are quite robust & heavy enough so they don't move around much unless you really give them some pushing around.
5. So far this joystick is performing excellent & a great buy for the money.
1. None that I know of so far - except maybe it would be nice to have the interconnecting cable between the joystick & throttle modules be longer & have connectors that can be unplugged in case of damage they could be replaced. Also I'd like to be able to move them a little further apart.
1. How long will this last before something goes wrong? Only time will tell.
T-flight Hotas Stick Pc PS3
I've only had a chance to briefly play using this so this review will mainly be about my observation of the product itself.
It was easy to install on windows 7 but the instructions weren't really clear, nor does it come with drivers. When I plugged it in, the OS recognized it, but only as a generic joystick. I downloaded the driver from the Thrust Master website, deleted the generic driver, unplugged it, installed the driver and config GUI, plugged it in and it was good to go.
Buttons buttons buttons, this thing is full of them. 14 to be exact (tho two aren't recognized on the PC). All but three are easily reached with minimal hand adjustment and it will obviously take a while getting used to which is which before remapping them to the various games where needed. (Hint, open up the TM control panel and click Properties, then get an idea what button is what number). There's a default mapping in Elite:Dangerous but it can use some tweaking.
As for the option of playing with controllers connected vs disconnected, unless you have very narrow shoulders and a small frame it's better separated. Each of them are pointed dead straight parallel to each other and are too close together to be comfortable for me. Think of a regular keyboard vs an ergonomic keyboard. This puts the joystick in an awkward position for your hand to fit the ergonomic grip without contorting your hand into position you end up twisting it to the left (which in most games is the rudder control).
It's best separated at about shoulder width (or wider and there's plenty of wire) where you can turn the base in a bit which makes your hands settle into a more natural and comfortable position. Again, think of an ergonomic keyboard. Orientation connected is like this "||" and when separated you can adjust it to be more like "/ \" this.
There's also a dial on the bottom of the joystick where you can adjust the resistance of the joystick which is nice. Factory setting was fine for me, but its nice to be able to easily adjust it w/out having to replace springs.
All in all I'm happy with it and the 4 star instead of 5 is due to it being unplayable for me while they are connected together (they come unconnected in the package).
This was a semi-medium selling point for me as it's easier to move around as one unit. BTW, they don't clip together and you have to attach them with two screws. There is an Allen wrench on the bottom of the joystick in a little clip retainer.