- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press (July 6, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0199298289
- ISBN-13: 978-0199298280
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 1.2 x 5.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,247,741 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Thucydides and Pindar: Historical Narrative and the World of Epinikian Poetry
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
`Review from previous edition No one has ever written a book like this before. No one but Simon Hornblower could write such a book now.'
`The results are exhilarating and breathless. The reader is dragged not only all over Pindar and Thucydides but also in and out of a great deal of modern scholarship, whose virtues and vices are gently pointed out along the way.'
About the Author
Simon Hornblower is Professor of Classics and Ancient History at University College London.