Consider these available items
Thule 830 The Stacker (4) Kayak Carrier
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Fold-down steel design with non-scratch outer coating
- Quick on/off hardware ensures fast installation and removal amd
- Carries up to 4 recreational kayaks but includes all straps to transport 1 kayak
- Accommodates kayaks up to 36 in/90 cm wide and to weight capacity of 75 lbs/35 kg
- Requires Thule rack systems crossbars, round bars, or factory racks - see Buyer's Guide
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Fold-down steel design with non-scratch outer coating.
Optimally sized carrier leaves roof space for other Thule accessories.
Fast installation and removal, thanks to quick on/off hardware.
Secure Straps Included
Includes straps to transport 1 kayak.
|Thule Hullavator Pro||Thule Slipstream||Thule DockGrip||Thule DockGlide||Thule Hull-a-Port XT||Thule Stacker|
|Number of Kayaks Carried||1||1||1||1||1-2||1-4|
|Load Capacity||75 lbs||75 lbs||85 lbs||75 lbs||130 lbs||75 lbs|
|Assist Feature||Lift & Load||Load||No assist||Load||No assist||No assist|
|Includes Straps and Tie Downs||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Roof Rack Compatibility||AeroBlade, SquareBar||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks|
|Watercrafts Carried||Kayak||Kayak||Kayaks, SUPs||Kayak||Kayak||Kayak|
Space-saving stacker that holds up to 4 kayaks stacked on their side.
The Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier is a vertical kayak carrier that offers an optimal way to carry multiple kayaks at the same time with the smallest investment in hardware. Featuring two stacker assembly supports and attachment straps that run between the supports to the roof rack, the Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier transports up two kayaks with a single carrier, and a total maximum total of four with an additional carrier hardware. Features include: Stacker support folding ability when not in use, compatibility with Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks, and quick tool-free installation.
Stackable Rooftop Kayak Transport Up to Four Boats
The Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier is an ideal kayak carrying solution for paddlers who need to transport multiple boats on a budget, and/or with minimal available rack space. Designed around two folding Stacker support assemblies, each attached to your pre-installed roof rack load bars, the Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier allows kayaks up to 34-inches wide to be secured on their sides, side-by-side. Stacker support assemblies sit upright between kayaks, with straps running from supports, across the top of kayaks to load bars to secure boats. Each carrier, with its two supports and two attachment straps, can secure up to two boats (additional rope and ratcheting hooks may be needed for front and rear securing of the second boat), with a maximum of four boats per vehicle. Vertical stowage and transport in this way also efficiently uses the precious space atop your roof rack, allowing for other roof rack accessories to share space with the Stacker Rooftop Carrier. The Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier with its foldable design is also very aerodynamic Folded down this way when not loaded, its low profile instantly reduces wind resistance on moving vehicles, thus improving gas mileage and reducing wind noise. This functionality also allows for better clearance around low branches and garages.
The Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier features completely tool-free installation. Its two Stacker foldable assemblies can be mounted quickly and securely using only a combination of bolts, lower brackets and mounting knobs on virtually any roof rack, including all Thule base racks, round cross bars and factory installed roof racks with cross bars. It includes enough straps to secure two kayaks with the two Stacker support assemblies between them and the straps running from the supports to the roof rack on the other side of the kayaks. Also included are bow and stern ¼-inch rope tiedowns with hooks, and ratcheting attachments to further secure mounted kayaks at the front and rear via your bumper, tow hook or trailer hitch by way of your kayak's grab handles.
- Carries up to 4 kayaks stacked on their sides (with an additional carrier, sold separately) and requires 1 to 2 people to load and unload them
- Fold-down steel design with non-scratch outer coating
- Quick on/off hardware ensures fast installation and removal
- Optimally sized carrier leaves roof space for other Thule accessories
- Includes side attachment straps to transport two kayaks (second kayak may require additional rope, hooks and ratcheting hooks for securing at vehicle bumpers)
- Accommodates kayaks up to 34-inches wide and 75 lbs.
- Fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
- Carry Type - Vertical
- Load Capacity Water Craft - 1 kayak
- Factory Rack Mounting - Yes
- Fits Aero Profile - Yes
- Fits square bar - Yes
- Lockable - No
- One Key System Compatible - No
What's in the Box
Thule Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier, all necessary hardware, straps, buckle bumper, rope, ratcheting hooks and mounting knobs, instructional guide and warranty information.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Thule will warranty all Thule brand car rack systems and its accessories manufactured by Thule during the time that an original retail purchaser owns the product. This warranty terminates if a purchaser transfers the product to any other person. No warranty is given for defects caused by normal wear and tear, cosmetic rust, scratches, accidents, unlawful vehicle operation, or modification of, or any types of repair of a load carrier system other than those authorized by Thule.
Thule was founded in 1942 by the Thulin family, when Eric Thulin, a true lover of the outdoors, put the Thule name on a pike trap he designed and began to sell in Scandinavia. It wasn't long before he added other practical items to the company's portfolio. By the 1960s, the company began to concentrate on car-related products, including its first roof rack. The Thulin family sold Thule to the publicly listed company Eldon in 1979, and it has continued to grow both organically and through acquisitions ever since. The Thule Group is a world leader in providing transport solutions for an active life.
User manual [PDF 877 KB]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 5 x 5 x 20 inches; 7.1 Pounds
- Item model number : 830
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : August 7, 2003
- Manufacturer : Thule
- ASIN : B0001FUAXQ
Best Sellers Rank:
#331,799 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #104 in Kayak & Canoe Car Racks
- Customer Reviews:
Does not ship to Hawaii.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
we used it to haul two 10' sit in kayaks about 115 miles in extremely windy conditions driving at 70 mph speeds and they didn't budge an inch.
One thing to note is that as others have mentioned, getting it rigged the first time takes a bit of trial and error, but once you get a process down it can be done in 10 min (we practiced).
I am very pleased with this product so far but the real test will be our vacation this summer. we will need to travel about 1000 miles with both kayaks on our roof. I will try to remember to update this after that trip.
Our process for securing two kayaks with only the included hardware was as follows (two people):
1. Attached the Stacker to the roof rack of the car (we have a dodge caliber)
2. Lift up the first kayak and set in place with the hull against the Stacker and have one person hold.
3. The second person threads the first tie-down strap over the first kayak, through the top opening of the Stacker, and then lay the extra back over the first kayak.
4. Repeat for the second strap.
5. The Second person the lifts the second kayak up and places the hull against the Stacker.
6. The first person then throws the first strap over to the second person.
7. The second person then passes the strap under both kayaks and the roof rack back to the first person.
8. The first person the cinches down that strap snugly
9. Repeat steps 6-8 for the second strap.
10. find a secure place under the front of the vehicle to hook the bow line and hook it on.
NOTE: since our vehicle is smaller we were able to tie down the front and rear of the kayak using only the included blue bow/stern ropes.
11. Run the other end of the rope through the handle of the first kayak, and then the second,
12. tie a butterfly knot about a foot down from the first kayak handle.
13. run the loose end of the rope through the carabiner/tightening wheel
14. hook the carabiner to the loop of the butterfly knot -> http://www.netknots.com/rope_knots/butterfly-knot/
15. tighten the rope until there is no slack but do not over tighten.
16. repeat steps 10-15 for the rear tie-down.
17. tighten bow & stern ropes all the way down evenly.
18. tie off the loose ends of the ropes to a point so there is no slack to flap in the breeze and fray the line.
19. fold up the extra length from the tie-down straps in the middle and slide under the taught section to hold it secure.
20. drive for about 30 min, and then stop and double check everything is still tight. I did notice a bit of loosening after the first 30min, but once i tightened them down they were tight all the way home in the high winds.
hope this info helps,
This product suited my needs and was easy to use out of the box.
Get an extra pair of straps, to be safe. 2 straps per kayak (this comes with 2).
Top reviews from other countries
The Thule J mounts were a little out of my price range given that I have 2 kayaks and when I read that this one could hold multiple I decided to try it. I mount 2 kayaks on it quickly and easily. It says you can mount 4 but I think that that would be pushing it (on my jeep at least).
They mount on my Thule aeroblade crossbars. Unfortunately they do not fit as well as I would like, but you are able to bolt them down tightly so it's ok.