Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thule 898PRO Hullavator Pro Kayak Lift System
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wider cradles can accommodate bigger width hulls (up to 36 inches wide)
- Waist-level loading, unloading and strapping by lowering the kayak 40 inches to the side of the vehicle, Accommodates kayaks up to 36 Inches wide and 75 lbs
- Gas struts making it easy to load and unload the kayak unassisted as the carrier takes 40 lbs of the kayak's weight
- Includes QuickDraw bow and stern tie downs and two center straps with car-protective buckle bumpers
- Fits Thule rack systems (excluding Thule Edge) and round bars with both T-track and around the bar mounting options.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Accommodates Variety of Kayaks
Wide cradles can accommodate hulls up to 36" wide.
Load at Waist-Level
Waist-level loading, unloading and strapping by lowering the kayak 40" to the side of the vehicle.
40 lbs Assist Gas Struts
Gas struts make it easy to load and unload the kayak unassisted as the carrier takes 40 lbs of the kayak's weight.
8 touchpoints of padded support for maximum protection of your kayak.
Corrosion-resistant base and cradles enhance life of the product.
Thule's One-key lock cylinders (sold separately) allow you to lock the carrier to the vehicle.
|Thule Hullavator Pro||Thule Slipstream||Thule DockGrip||Thule DockGlide||Thule Hull-a-Port XT||Thule Stacker|
|Number of Kayaks Carried||1||1||1||1||1-2||1-4|
|Load Capacity||75 lbs||75 lbs||85 lbs||75 lbs||130 lbs||75 lbs|
|Assist Feature||Lift & Load||Load||No assist||Load||No assist||No assist|
|Includes Straps and Tie Downs||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Roof Rack Compatibility||AeroBlade, SquareBar||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks||AeroBlade, SquareBar, Factory Racks|
|Watercrafts Carried||Kayak||Kayak||Kayaks, SUPs||Kayak||Kayak||Kayak|
Height and strength is no longer an issue! This Thule carrier actually lowers down and reduces up to 40 lb. of the kayaks weight, enabling anyone to load and unload a kayak from their vehicle.
Color: Black | Size: Hullavator Pro
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A few user notes: 1) This will only work with Thule crossbars, not your factory ones or any other brand, 2) I recommend using the "fit my vehicle" feature on the Thule website to figure out what you need, 3) should you need to purchase said crossbars, be aware that Hullavator installation instructions want the end of the bars to extend 4-8 inches *beyond* the rail anchors (this is so it doesn't dent your car doors whilst loading and unloading your boat). The otherwise handy fit guide will not specify this for you - I got 50 inch crossbars which allows for a 4 inch extension on my one rack side and 1/2 inch extension on the other side. Ideally, I would think that you should have 58 inch crossbars to use the Hullavator on any type of SUV vehicle. You might be able to make the 50 inch work but there is no margin for error and the crossbars will not be symmetrically extended from your rails which Thule doesn't recommend, 4) You would think that when you are dropping several hundred dollars on a rack like this, Thule could throw in the locks. They don't. If you want to protect your investment, you need to either buy the locks separately or use 2 of the 4 that come with some crossbar kits (that's what I did).
Bottom line: great rack that I highly recommend but be aware of required accouterments that can definitely inflate your budget.
On my install, I discovered that with the Hullavator mounted at the end of the Aerobar (with endcap removed), I had about 8" clearance between the Hullavator arms and my vehicle. The instructions recommended at least 4". This meant that I could install on my setup with no issues!
Because of the extra 4" clearance, I figured I'd try to set the Hullavator 4" further away from the end of the bar. This didn't work because the arms couldn't clear the end of the bar + end caps. The best that I could do is set the Hullavator 1" from the end of the bar. Now when I lower the arms, it clears the end caps, and I still about 7" clearance between the arms and my truck (see photos).
A few things that I noticed but aren't deal-breakers are:
* When loaded, my Kayak looks like it's too far towards the edge of my truck as opposed to being centered on the rooftop. I know that I can move the J hooks closer to the other end of the bar to remedy this, but this limits how wide of a kayak I can carry. I have 2 kayaks that are thin, buy my girlfriend's kayak is pretty wide.
* When unloaded, I can hear the Hulavator jingle around up there while driving.
A few recommendations for the install:
* Don't cut the rubber strips on your Aeroblade until you've found the best placement your vehicle.
* The square nuts are a little bowed on one side. I placed mine in the Aeroblade tracks bow-side up so that there is more surface contact with the inside tracks on the Aeroblade when I tightened the Hullavator down. The instructions didn't mention this, so I don't think it matters, but why not have more surface to hold it down tight.
* Use blue locktight on everything screwed down so that bolts don't come loose from all the road vibrations.
* Take your time --- it's actually a very simple install
Most recent customer reviews
Amazing design. Incredibly easy to get the boat on the car. This will open up many, many more paddling possibilities. Guaranteed.Read more