- Product Dimensions: 60 x 6 x 5 inches ; 15.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 15.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B004WISEV8
- Item model number: Thule
- Average Customer Review: 109 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #93,142 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Thule Complete CrossRoad System
|Price:||$349.95 - $418.02|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Compatibility: factory side rails
- Recommended Use: carrying gear
- Manufacturer Warranty: lifetime
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
If you've ever wondered what to do with those goofy bars running front to back on your car, then the Thule Complete CrossRoad System will help turn those raised factory side rails into a multi-purpose gear-carrying machine. Four adjustable feet conform to your current side rails, and two square 50-inch load bars are rubberized for weather resistance and to keep your gear from getting scratched. Four locks are included with the feet to secure the CrossRoad System to your side rails.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
These bars are mostly indestructable. The only issues I've ever had was I've lost a few of the end caps, due to knocking them loose and having them fall off which was my own fault. Also, the rubber that encloses the steel clamping belts that hold these to your roof bars has started to rot away. But given that I expose them to harsh Southern California sun, Salt water, and endless abuse, I can't really fault the rubber.
If you can get past the purchase price, I really don't think you can get a better set of roof bars. I love mine and when I get a new car, they are coming with me!
1) Ease of install/uninstall - can be installed or removed in under 10 minutes easily. Couldn't be engineered any better for ease of installation. Probably can fit any siderail, even body-color rails as the mount is all rubberized.
2) Thule warranty - lifetime
3) Strength of mount - once on, this thing feels like it's part of the car; solid as a rock
4) "Flexibility" of bars - any and everything will mount to these bars; the same cannot be said of the newer "aero" bars
5) What you get for the price - mounts, crossbars, and 4 locking cores; all this retails for about $310 on Amazon separately. And believe me, you'll need the locks - this rack could be taken off in no time flat.
Ultimately, if you're looking for a crossbar setup for a car with factory siderails it will come down to this, Yakima's option, or some of the more expensive "aero" bars. The aero bars look great (more so on some cars than others, IMO) but are more expensive and require adapters for certain rack accessories (bike mounts, etc.).
The only possible negative for some is the wind noise that is inevitable with any non-aero bar (and even some aero-style). If this gets to you, you'll need a fairing or try the rope-wrap technique mentioned in other reviews.
In a nutshell, if you value function over form, then this is the rack for you.
It was easily to install. The rubberized straps tighten about the roof rails with the help of the attached hex tool.
It's solid and the cargo box attached easily and securely to the crossbars. There were absolutely no problems during an 8-day, 2,000 road trip.
I cannot comment on:
1.) how it will hold up being rained on, snowed on, beat upon by the merciless sun (especially the locks)
2.) any degradation to fuel efficiency (I don't use the cargo box regularly so I will probably removed the crossbars when I don't need the cargo box)
3.) if Thule quality makes these crossbars better than less expensive crossbars (e.g., 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Honda Odyssey Cross Bars OE Style Fast Shipping)
I took 1-star off because:
1.) The locks will difficult to push into the mounts. Not impossible and not time-consuming, but not elegant.
2.) Wind noise - you do notice a sound of the wind as the crossbars cut through the air. An easy solution is to wrap each crossbar with cord (start from one each and go to the other using a 1-inch spacing).
Most recent customer reviews
Also, the item appeared used, as one of the adjustment ends were scuffed and the 'retaining ears' broken.Read more
However I would have preferred a simpler method for removing & re-attaching them to the roof rails.Read more