Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on October 27, 2015
This is an excellent bag from an excellent company. I've had mine for over a year, and have taken it on many trips, including overseas for two months. The reason I bought it: it weighs under 10 lbs., which is 5 lbs. less than my previous suitcase of similar size. That meant I could add 5 additional lbs. of gear before reaching the 50 lb. airline limit. On an extended journey, trust me, that's significant. The top and bottom compartments keep shoes and laundry separate from clean clothes. The water repellent exterior keeps contents dry. Perhaps the best part about this product is the warranty. Recently American Airlines destroyed the top zipper. I filed a claim with them (still have 3--4 more weeks before even receiving a response, according to their website.) Thule, however, was johnny-on-the-spot. I sent photos of the damaged case, and they sent me a replacement bag immediately. They stood behind their 25 year warranty. In this day and age, how refreshing is that?! This bag is an amazing product backed by amazing customer service. Buy from Thule, you won't regret it.
on March 24, 2017
As an owner of no less that 5 other Thule products, I expected this to be the best - and Thule truly lives up to my high expectations. Absolutely wonderful design that is rugged, durable and classic looking. The wheels are large and seem to be well-made that will take the punishment that I will give it a well as that of baggage handlers. Great storage for small items as well as a secure and Isolated molded crush-proof compartment for phone or sunglasses and a water pocket for when I am not flying. Aluminum hardware and water-resistant fabrics combine to create a lightweight, durable pack/bag/duffel. Thule V-Tubing telescoping handles stabilize the roll and negate any side-to-side sway. Next week it gets the real test when I fly from JFK to Johannesburg.

UPDATE 14 April 2017: This bag just got a real workout after a three-week trip to Africa. It went on 7 flights crammed full of clothes, gifts as well as souvenirs and even a bottle of African gin. It came through without a scratch with the contents exactly as I packed them. I stuffed this bag from top to bottom and it never let out a whimper. I am so incredibly happy with this bag and the legendary Thule quality.
on March 23, 2011
I agree with the other reviewers.

Highlights:
- Durability - The overall construction is very tough. I've used this bag on skiing and diving trips in rain, snow, and worst of all, international luggage handlers :-) and it's survived them all.

- The dual-compartment design is AWESOME. I use the bottom compartment for hardware (ski boots, fins, gloves, etc) and the top compartment for clothes. Keep in mind that: (a) the top/bottom compartment divider is mesh, so that has pros and cons...on the one hand it means there is good breathability for damp stuff you put in the bottom compartment, but on the other hand if you put your muddy boots into the bottom compartment the mud is going to leech into the top compartment...you'll want to wrap your dirty stuff; (b) the bottom compartment is fairly shallow, about 5 inches (lay a ski boot on its side and it's about that height) but because the compartment divider is mesh there is some stretch to the compartment space.

- Looks - It's a really cool looking bag.

- The big wheels are GREAT for lugging over tarmac, on boats, up stairs, etc, and the pull handle is SOLID. It also snaps/locks into the bag nicely so there is no danger of the pull handle slipping out while in a cargo hold and snapping.

- The goggle compartment is excellent, although it does obviously take up some internal space in the bag that you have to learn to pack around.

- The semi-hard back and bottom plates help the bag stay upright (this is a problem with a lot of other rolling duffels)

- There are handles on the side, top and bottom of the bag which is GREAT since you will be pulling this bag out of trunk spaces, train overhead compartments, etc and a lot of duffel bags just don't provide enough convenient handles. The handles are well designed and pretty flush with the bag so still looks minimalist.

- Other design elements: the adjustable straps on the outside are more form than function...they don't do much; all the zippers have lock holes so you can put a TSA-compliant combination lock on them which is good for check-in luggage

Cons:
- Note that the outside fabric of the bag is black with small white dots. It doesn't come through in the product photos so don't expect the bag to be jet black. It actually looks very cool (it still looks manly and serious), but the white dots do get abraded over time so the bag will probably look worn faster than, say, a ballistic nylon Tumi or Victorinox bag.

- The Thule logo is matt silver and looks very cool. However, it's like some kind of decal applied onto the bag...it looks pretty well bonded but you can take a look at it and know that it will start flaking off over time as the bag gets abraded.

Other notes:
- The inside fabric is pale blue...it isn't cheesy but I think it will tend to show dirt more than a black or gray material.

- The outside fabric is not as tough as the ballistic nylon that Tumi or Victorinox uses, but it's still pretty tough and the bag is WAY lighter than others as a result. I had it sit out in the rain for a while and my clothes stuff stayed dry. The fabric does absorb a bit more water than the Tumi/Victorinox though, because the fabric is thinner and lighter.
on January 4, 2014
The Thule 87L duffel bag gives the best of both worlds- a duffel (soft case that can fit more and expand depending on the items packed as opposed to a hard case luggage) with the convenience of a wheel and a specially designed "v-shape" telescoping handle which maintains rigid control.

The capacity is just right and I really appreciate the fact that the bag can be split into two main compartments. The ability to store a pair of sunglasses or goggles in a specially made hardened pocket is a nice touch.

If you are a frequent traveler and require a bag that is easy to pack, offers multiple carrying options, and is extremely versatile regardless of the situation (a weekend boarding/ski trip, road trip, overseas flight) this bag will take a beating and can get tossed around no problem. Being able to get to the main compartment two different ways also helps when you're looking for that one small item without having to unpack everything else.
on July 18, 2017
Very cool and stylish. Love:
1. Double storage compartments, great for separating and organizing.
2. Large fluid wheels
3. Long sturdy handles
4. Large, but not heavy or unwieldy compared to some other rolling duffels. You could easily pack a months worth of clothing with no problem.
Went to Europe for 2 weeks and in the airports got several compliments.
I would suggest getting storage cubes to maximize organization.
on May 3, 2017
The handle became stuck in the open position the first time I pulled it out. Inexcusable for a $300 bag. Out of the box this is a very impressive gear duffel. Until...Hsul handle is extended. I also noticed that there were two protective inserts (one stuffed into the other) instead of one. Someone is not paying attention in quality control.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2017
Depends on what you're in the market for. If you're looking for luggage that can withstand the elements of Everest while keeping your entire wardrobe (or 87 liters of it) intact, then the Thule Crossover Rolling Duffel Pack is a very viable option. That said, good luck hauling it up the mountain because, empty or full to the brim, this bag weighs a ton and with only 2 wheels, it's a nightmare to drag in the upright position. It's also prone to tipping over unless you're meticulous about the weight distribution of what you pack (I'm not.)
on January 2, 2013
Looked at Tumi luggage was put off by the price tag. This is a solid bag at a lower cost. Have this type of bag from LL Bean but my complaint has always been that it tips forward when you let go. This has stabilizers that prevent that. I got 3 weeks worth of clothes in this bag and it was still under 50 lbs for the airlines (and didn't tip over when I stood it up.)
on November 28, 2016
I have been using Thule's luggage since a while and I consider them the brand of my choice for travels. They are design in my perspective like "Lexus" in other words to resist everyday imperfections and still look and do great. I traveled almost every week on long and shorts trips and when you manage to understand their design you love them. For example in long trips I use two 87L Duffels with a 32L backpack, for mid trips I use one 87L and a 57L and for very short trips I used just my 57L and my 32L backpack. Love Thule!
on August 21, 2016
After several purchases of $100 duffels that fell apart quickly, I've now had this duffel for almost 5 years - it has been on countless trips from South America to the Arctic to Europe to Hawaii. It has stood up to everything baggage handlers can throw at it. While it doesn't look new anymore, it is totally functional and reliable. I consider this an excellent value. My only wish was that it had a few internal pockets - it just has the top and bottom divider.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.