Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thule Gauntlet TAS-113 13.3" MacBook Pro and Retina Display Sleeve (Black)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on July 17, 2012
This sleeve is super rugged and very stylish. I just find it hard to swallow that it is very shock absorbing compared to other sleeves with foam. I looked for information on testing of its shock absorbing capabilities and couldn't find anything. It would be nice to see a comparison test with another product on shock absorption.
on November 13, 2013
The 2 things I don't like are the smell, and the zippers which require a lot of force to operate.

I think that the Case QNS-113 is a better choice and is at least as good for shock protection (comparing the two constructions), and the price is about 1/3. I returned the Thule case.

If you read the reviews from the other Thule TAS-113 reviewers, you will see that some had zippers which failed, some found that the smell went away eventually, some found that a handle was lacking and due to the rubbery surface was needed, and last some tested the case as being waterproof. So you are trading waterproofness for a more reliable and easier to use zipper plus lower likelyhood of dropping the case on the concrete due to having a built in handle. For my use I don't need absolute waterproofness, but do find the handle essential.
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2012
Color: Black|Size: 13in|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Thule Gauntlet sleeve is very well-made. A hard casing on the outside and very sturdy zipper. The designers of the sleeve thoughtfully made the zipper waterproof so if you were, for example, carrying your laptop to a class or meeting in the rain, your computers is well-protected. The inside includes a band that fits well around the laptop and a thick protective foam.

The sleeve protects the laptop well and is light as well. Considering the cost of a Mac laptop, this protective sleeve is worth the price tag.

Highly recommend.
on June 24, 2012
Glad I purchased this product. The tight fit allows for additional protection when carrying MBP in briefcase/backpack. Recently went through airport security and was able to leave MBP in the sleeve - nice and protected. When on the go the textured skin provides a good and secure grip.
on November 23, 2013
Protects my MacBook great, without being bulky. I bring my computer back and forth from home to work to grad school and I trust this case to protect my very important laptop. It does it's job very well.
on December 10, 2015
I purchased this case for my sons laptop. Within 6 months, the zipper broke. Assuming this was just a fluke, I ordered the same case for the second time. We've had the case for just under 3 months, and again, the zipper broke. Although the case is sturdy, the quality simply isn't there.
on May 9, 2014
I'm fanatical about researching products I buy, and I compared a lot of other products before finding this. There are a lot of competent reviews already, so I won't get into much detail.

I got this for my circa 2012 13" MacBook Pro. It fits perfectly. I don't use the retention strap, when using my laptop on my lap, I remove it from the case and set the computer on top of the sleeve. I feel the uneven surface helps with heat dissipation better that way.

I wouldn't test the water resistance of this case too much, but I've been caught in strong rain with the MBP in this case which itself is in my backpack getting rained on and not worried at all.

The expense is worth it, considering the high-value item it's protecting; after almost a year of use, I don't see ever getting a different sleeve.
on October 25, 2013
I live in Oregon and it's always raining, thanks to this I haven't seen a drop of water in my laptop. The zipper is a bit stiff but a good seal requires that. The case is just indented and relatively low profile. So no it is not as cumbersome as it looks on the picture. inside it has a strap, don't get lazy and place the MacBook over it, if you do when unzipping it your computer will fall since all your grip is only on the case.
on February 26, 2013
Very sturdy. As advertised. Offers much more protection than my old neoprene sleeve. Zippers work smooth. Only annoying thing is sometimes the elastic bands that hold the case at a 90 degree angle will get caught in the zipper when it closes, but they haven't frayed or caused the zipper to catch yet. Highly recommend.
on August 14, 2012
I am using this to store my tablet and not my laptop.

I did try it out with my 13 Macbook Pro and it was a great fit.

The zippers are snug and cant be opened and closed quickly. That could be why other people have complained of broken zippers.

I brought this hard case since it will bring structure to my messenger bag and leave it inside the bag all the time with the zipper open just enough so i can access my tablet quickly.