Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Rooftop cargo box with 8 cubic feet of storage;Internal dimensions : 48 x 23 x 13.5 inches
- Ideal for carrying camping gear and golf clubs
- Side-opening design for easy loading and unloading
- Mounts to most removable and factory roof racks
- Measures 54 x 15.5 x 25 inches (W x H x D)
- This product requires significant assembly, see instructions below.
- Rooftop cargo box with 8 cubic feet of storage
|Mountain Falls Sunscreens, Exclusively on Amazon|
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Ease of Use
Passenger-side opening for easier loading and unloading.
Includes 2 locks to secure box contents and lock the box to the carrier.
Heavy-duty design protects gear and helps keep out the elements.
Fits Thule rack systems, round bars, and most factory racks.
|Volume||8 cu ft|
|Dimensions||54 x 25 x 15.5"|
|Load Capacity||75 lbs|
|Product Weight||16 lbs|
|Ski/Snowboard Carrying Appropriate||No|
|Locks Included||Yes (Cam Locking System)|
|One Key System Compatible||No|
|Box Opening||Passenger Side|
|Height Off Crossbar||15.5"|
The Thule Side Kick is the smallest rooftop cargo box that Thule makes. This clamshell style box's shape and size make it perfect for carrying golf clubs and camping gear without monopolizing your roof space. The Side Kick is made of impact resistant polyurethane, and keeps your gear safe and secure with the included locks. The Side Kick will mount to almost any rack system, be it Thule, Yakima, or factory.
Color: Grey | Size: One Size
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It worked great, and kept everything dry during several days of rain.
I did have to drill a couple new mounting holes to move the cargo box far enough forward so I could still open the rear hatch.
To give you an idea of size, I was able to fit three milk crates with some room to spare
- Small, does not effect the car other than maybe lowering my MPG by 1 or 2 miles
- Keeps everything dry
- Great to have extra space for camping gear, or whatever
- Small, couldn't fit everything I hoped
- Assembly was a challenge because of the placement of the hinges
- Feels flimsy, though once locked, even without a strap, I didn't have any issues, even at 80mph
Be aware that this carrier is tall and not very long. It is designed for duffel bags, backpacks, etc, and not for long items like skis. While the height provides usable volume, it makes an SUV too tall to use in many parking structures. For example, the total height of a 2006 KIA Sportage with this box installed is 7 feet. Having said this, it is capable of swallowing a huge amount of cargo.
Unlike the latches on other cargo boxes, the latches on this box require a key to use. In other words, the box cannot be latched without a key. This is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.
This is an ideal carrier for a small vehicle think fit , fiesta , focus , civic , golf , gti . I took it on a camping trip and easily fit lots of gear and kept it dry through some hard rain. I did have to drill mounting holes in the back but that is easily done .
In short - it's the perfect fit for a cross-over vehicle, it's well made, simple to install, and keeps your luggage safe and dry during a road trip. Pretty much everything I could expect from a cargo box!
Most recent customer reviews
Wasn't difficult to assemble with one other person to assist.
I think it's a little expensive for what it is, but there aren't a lot of...Read more