|Screen Size||6.5 inches|
|Hard Drive||6 TB Desktop|
From the Manufacturer
My Book Thunderbolt Duo – Dual-drive storage system.
My Book Thunderbolt Duo dual-drive storage system delivers the optimum fusion of performance and capacity. This drive offers two Thunderbolt ports delivering the revolutionary data transfer speeds available only with Thunderbolt technology. Daisy chain multiple devices through My Book Thunderbolt Duo and enjoy nearly unlimited flexibility and performance in your creative life.
Finally, a drive that can keep pace with your creativity. The leading-edge speed of Thunderbolt technology lets creative pros design, edit, render and produce graphics, movies, music and more in record time.
Customize this dual-drive storage system to your needs – RAID 0 for speed, RAID 1 for data protection, JBOD to use the drives individually.
The revolutionary bi-directional Thunderbolt technology delivers unmatched speed for multi-tasking while video editing, 3D rendering and completing other graphics-intensive projects.
Move data at unprecedented speeds - Video editors and other digital media professionals can do more work in less time with the ground-breaking data transfer speed of the Thunderbolt ports on My Book Thunderbolt Duo. It offers the indisputably fastest way to get information to and from your external drive. Finally, a drive that can keep up with your creativity.
Dual drive RAID storage system - User-selectable RAID or JBOD modes. When set to RAID 0 (striping), My Book Thunderbolt Duo offers the performance you need when designing or editing graphics-intensive media files. When set to RAID1 (mirroring), this drive provides double safe data protection by automatically generating a duplicate copy of your data. Set to JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks) to use as two individual drives and select between HFS+J or ExFAT per disk. Ideal for running Windows OS on a Mac.
Dual Thunderbolt ports enhance workflow efficiency - Daisy chain up to seven devices or peripherals using the two Thunderbolt ports to achieve maximum workflow efficiency and productivity.
High-speed multi-tasking - The revolutionary bi-directional Thunderbolt technology delivers unmatched speed for multi-tasking while video editing, 3D rendering and completing other graphics-intensive projects.
User-serviceable - Want to replace a drive? Simply open the case and exchange the existing drive – no tools needed. If you fill up a drive, you can simply remove it and replace it with a fresh drive and begin saving even more of your creative life.
WD Drive Utilities - Register your drive, run diagnostics, manage RAID or JBOD modes and more using WD Drive Utilities.
Designed by Intel, Thunderbolt technology is the fastest, most flexible interface ever. Thunderbolt technology offers performance, simplicity and flexibility.
- Performance - Transfer a full-length HD movie in under 30 seconds. Thunderbolt technology delivers unprecedented data transfer rates with a connector that is capable of providing two bi-directional channels each with up to 10 Gb/s of bandwidth.
- Simplicity - Reduce the clutter while you increase your productivity. Thunderbolt technology supports daisy chaining multiple devices through a single Thunderbolt cable so you can multi-task at maximum speed without having to switch out devices.
- Flexibility - Connect Thunderbolt technology-enabled external hard drives, media players, HD displays, media capture and editing systems and more through a single cable and enjoy nearly unlimited flexibility and performance in your creative life.
- Moving data at the unprecedented speeds of Thunderbolt technology
- Daisy-chaining multiple devices like HD monitors, video and audio editors, media players and more through the dual Thunderbolt ports for nearly unlimited workflow efficiency and productivity
- Multi-tasking while video editing, 3D rendering and completing other graphics-intensive projects
- Enhancing system performance by setting to RAID 0 to boost speed
- Protecting your data with user-selectable RAID 1 that automatically generates a duplicate copy of your data
- Setting to JBOD to use the system as two individual drives
- Selecting ExFat to run Windows OS on a Mac
What's in the box
Dual-drive storage system with Thunderbolt connector, Thunderbolt cable, AC adapter, Quick Install Guide.
Formatted for Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
Note: Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.
Computer with Thunderbolt connector
Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher
Configurable for maximum speed (RAID 0), data protection/mirror mode (RAID 1) or use the drives individually in JBOD mode.
Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Features at a glance
- Revolutionary Thunderbolt technology
- Thunderbolt cable included
- User-selectable RAID 0/1
- High-speed multi-tasking
- Move data at unprecedented speeds
- Dual Thunderbolt ports enhance workflow efficiency
|Storage with backup||Premium storage with backup||Storage with Thunderbolt technology|
|My Passport for Mac||My Book for Mac||My Passport Edge for Mac||My Passport Studio||My Book Studio||My Book Thunderbolt Duo||My Book VelociRaptor Duo|
|Ultra-fast portable storage for Mac.||Fast. Reliable. Secure.||Ultra-slim. All metal. |
|Precision metal. Professional power.||All metal. Fast and secure.||Peak performance for creative professionals.||Extreme speed and capacity.|
|Interface||USB 3.0||USB 3.0, USB 2.0||USB 3.0, USB 2.0||FireWire 800, USB 2.0||USB 3.0 , USB 2.0||Thunderbolt (x2)||Thunderbolt (x2)|
|Capacity range||500 GB - 2 TB||2 TB - 3 TB||500 GB||500 GB - 2 TB||1 TB - 4 TB||4 TB - 8 TB||2 TB|
|All metal enclosure|
|Compatible with Apple Time Machine|
|Password protection |
and hardware encryption
|10,000 RPM drives|
|Portable form factor|