- Hardcover: 377 pages
- Publisher: Mercer Univ Pr; 1 edition (September 1, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0881461571
- ISBN-13: 978-0881461572
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 1.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,766,222 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Thy Will Be Done: A Biography of George W. Truett 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Among the areas covered include:
1. Truett's early life in Western North Carolina and eventual move to Dallas TX.
2. Raising money for Baylor University.
3. Longtime pastorate at First Baptist of Dallas.
4. Involvement in various organizations such as the Baptist World Alliance.
5. Participation in several revivals.
6. Involvement in World War I as a chaplain.
7. Happy home life in spite of his frequent absence.
8. Reflections of the people he loved and who loved him (different races, faiths, and economic backgrounds).
9. Relationships with the rich and famous and the plain and ordinary people of his day.
10. Final illness.
Indeed, Truett was quite a preacher who refused to compromise the truth of the Gospel and yet loved people for who they were.
The book was highly readable and the narrative flowed smoothly.
Read, enjoy, and learn about one of America's greatest preachers!