TiVo AG0100 Wireless G USB Network Adapter for TiVo Series 2 and Series 3 DVRs
|Price:||$25.00 + $4.95 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enjoy TiVoToGo and multi-room viewing transfers, music and photos, online scheduling
- Eliminates the need for a phone line, if used with a broadband connection
- Works with 802.11g and 802.11b wireless networks
- Real brushed metal base; flip-up antenna with TiVo badge
- For use with a TiVo Series2 or Series3 only; not for use with a TiVo Series1 or DIRECTV DVR with TiVo
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What's in the Box
USB network adapter, USB cable
Top Customer Reviews
What you will need if you want to use this:
1) Wireless Internet Access (Wireless Router and Connection to Internet) within range of your DVR
2) Series 2 DVR (with USB plug)
3) A computer for some of the advanced features
Once you have these two things then using this product is amazingly simple to set up for about 80% of "Lucky People."
1) Plug it In
2) Follow the Instructions
3) Enter your WEP key (alphanumeric or hexadecimal --- alphanumeric is much easier)
4) I had to restart my DVR
5) If you're connecting a computer and using TivoToGo, you have to install the software on your computer...which also has to be connected to the network for your TIVO to see it and for your computer to see your TIVO and you'll need your Media Access Key.
Benefits I received from this product:
1) I don't have to use a phone line to get updates (no dialing)
2) TIVO updates come much faster over Broadband (Faster updates)
3) I bought TIVO to Go Plus --extra $$ from TIVO for the license key that you use with the computer software and I can listen to my iPod music through my Bose in my living room
4) I have my picture library shared....baby pictures are nice on the television....but caution, the quality of the pictures will only be as good as your TV....ie HDTV is still not as good as a good laptop screen and if you don't have HDTV, they'll only look as good as your TVs best resolution. Its still very cool to show baby pictures on the big TV.
5) I have a huge Attached Hard Drive array on my computer...Read more ›
1 ) Plugged unit into TIVO USB port.
2 ) Went to TIVO network setup menu.
3 ) Network immediately recognized.
4 ) Clicked on network name.
5 ) Entered WEP password using alpha-numeric alternative.
6 ) Network link established.
7 ) Used on-screen signal strength to reposition Adapter and router antenna.
8 ) Connected to Tivo service.
Good product. Recommended.
I highly recommend this adapter if you are interested in taking advantage of some of Tivo's more advanced functionlity like transfering programs to your PC to burn to DVD or transfer to other Tivos in your house.
Tivo customer service suggesting I invest in their branded Adapters and since installing them (which was a breeze), I have had no more problems.
I just wish Tivo had released these at the same time they launched Series Two Tivo's, that would have avoided people like me wasting time on adapters that were really not compatible.
It has a very small footprint and is powered by the Tivo Unit not another AC power-supply behind the TV, of which I have tons.
One great benefit of this is that now the Tivo service can check several times a day instead of just once every 24hrs or so using the phone-line. This seems to keep the Guide a lot more up to date.
I am very satisfied with it's ease of setup, functionality, and even it's esthetics.
I would highly recommend this to someone who is " Network Illiterate " .... As I am.
If you're looking for a USB network adapter that will work reliably with the TiVo series 2 DVR, this is a good one to consider.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Cheapskates! TiVo loves to nickel and dime me! I have been a TiVo subscriber for more than a decade, and have had as many as 3 tivo boxes in service at the same time. Read morePublished 3 days ago by chris seymour
Easy set up and it worked. No more dial up which was not working. Very glad it worked or I was going to have to purchase a new machine.Published 9 days ago by Lisa Merrick
IT is slow as heck... nothing against the seller, the product just does not meet my expectations.Published 29 days ago by dbmdude
Works perfectly. A great accessory to not being able to connect Ethernet directly into TiVo unit.Published 2 months ago by Lizzieeroo