|Item Weight||12.5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6.1 x 6.1 x 1.2 inches|
|Item model number||TCDA93000|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
TiVo Mini with IR/RF Remote - No Monthly Service Fees - Extends Your TiVo DVR
- Add a TiVo Mini to additional TVs in your home for an easy, economical and entertaining multi-room setup.
- TiVo service subscription is required. Options include a monthly service plan at $14.99/mo and a 1-year commitment, and an annual service plan at $149.99/year.
- Tru Multi Room functionality means you get the full TiVo experience on every additional TV you equip with a TiVo Mini. Watch live and recorded shows, stream content or set up a OnePass.
- Provides full access to your streaming content from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, VUDU, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio and more.
- Connects to your TiVo DVR through your home network via Ethernet or MoCA (does not support Wifi). Compatible with TiVo BOLT, Roamio, Roamio OTA, Roamio Plus, Roamio Pro, Premiere 4 and Premiere XL4/Elite.
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
With TiVo Mini, you can:
Watch live and recorded shows with TiVo’s full control features.
Stream content from Netflix, Amazon Video, VUDU, Pandora, Spotify, YouTube and other supported online providers.
Use SkipMode and QuickMode when connected to a supported TiVo device.
Pause a show in one room, and resume it in another.
Enjoy up to five different live or recorded shows throughout your home at the same time (6-tuner DVR required.)
Access your 4- or 6-tuner TiVo DVR through your Ethernet or MoCA home network to schedule recordings, WishList searches and OnePass recordings.
When you watch on a TiVo Mini, you won’t be getting a watered-down feature set. Tru Multi Room ensures you have all the same features you enjoy in the living room.
Why should the living room hog all the fun? With TiVo Mini, you can start a show in the living room and finish it in another room.
Unlike other add-on devices, the TiVo Mini doesn’t add a single nickel to your monthly TV bill. Let the kids access their shows in their playroom without any additional fees.
Compare with similar items
TiVo MINI VOX Streaming Media Player, 4K UHD, With Voice Remote! (TCDA95000)
Roamio OTA VOX 1TB DVR – With no monthly service fee
TiVo Roamio OTA 1 TB DVR - With No Monthly Service Fees - Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player
TiVo BOLT VOX 1TB, DVR & Streaming Media Player, 4K UHD, Now with Voice Control! ( TCD849000V)
TiVo BOLT 1000 GB DVR: Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player - 4K UHD Compatible - Works with Digital Cable or HD Antenna
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$3.90|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||weaKnees DVR Superstore||Amazon.com||CAC Sales|
|Connectivity Technology||Ethernet and MoCA||No||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi|
|Item Dimensions||6.12 x 6.12 x 1.25 in||1.1 x 5.7 x 5.5 in||15.1 x 7.4 x 2 in||14.2 x 7.4 x 2 in||11.4 x 7.3 x 1.8 in||2.7 x 8 x 4.3 in|
|Item Weight||0.78 lb||0.78 lb||3.8 lbs||3.7 lbs||1.9 lbs||0.7 lb|
|Internet Applications||Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Vudu||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, Vudu||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Vudu, YouTube||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, YouTube, Vudu, Pandora||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Vudu, YouTube||Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Pandora, Vudu, YouTube|
|Total HDMI Ports||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Total Usb Ports||1||—||—||2||—||2|
TiVo Mini is the powerful, all-purpose companion to your four- or six-tuner TiVo box. Delivering Tru Multi Room control, the Mini doesn’t give you a watered-down set of features like other systems. Instead, you get the exact same TiVo experience in every room that you enjoy in your family room, including access to streaming content from Netflix, Amazon Prime and more. Plus, you’ll enjoy all your favorite TiVo control features, like SkipMode, QuickMode and OnePass. Best of all, you can add TiVo Mini to additional TVs for no additional service fee. So start a show in the living room and finish it in the bedroom. Or schedule a recording from the kids' room. It's big entertainment with a very mini footprint.
Legal DisclaimerRETURNS NOT ACCEPTED
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Before I've made our investment, I called Tivo 3 times and they were able to provide suggestions and answered our concerns.
2. Main reason I got Tivo Romio Plus (6 channel) mainly due to my usages (my folks can be recording 2-3 shows and kids can be recording/watching same time). Again, I have 4 TV's. I originally got Roamio but end up returning it and got Roamio Plus.
3. Setup was soooo easy (all done by network cable). Took less than 10 mins.
4. Not sure if this applies to others. One of our TV is mounted on the wall but all wires are hidden and DVR box was behind the wall. Had IR cable (See photo) running but Mini version has RF frequency which means it can go through the walls!!!! How cool is that!!!! (very important to me).
5. Small lag between channel but not noticeable. It's lots of money for Roamio Plus+ 3 boxes = $850 but I personally thought it was well investment for us.
For those that are like myself who is looking for save $$ for long term and getting ride of Comcast boxes, I honestly never thought Tivo was going to work for us (I honestly thought Tivo was DEAD but WOW!!!) but I am REALLY impressed and even my wife loves it. My only dilemma is whether to fork out another $500 for lifetime service. It's working for us so I would hope it works out for others!
I love these Tivo boxes so far but there is a learning curve to get a configuration like mine good to go, Roamio plus two minis. I’ll try to go over some of the details in hopes that it will help someone else that has question regarding their configuration.
First the HD antenna. I bought an amazon indoor antenna that has a 50 mile radius. It works great. The model I bought was “Amplified HDTV Antenna - 50 Miles Range, 1byone” and placed it in a window on my second story. Did I say this thing works great because its pretty awesome for the price. Then I plugged the antenna cable (coax) into the cable (coax) jack of my house so the signal was reachable in any room that had a cable (coax) plug. You lose a little bit of signal strength by doing this but not enough to lose a channel from what I saw. I did this because this signal needs to plug into your Roamio to get the OTA (Over the Air) channels. By having each plug in the house available for connection it allowed me flexibility in deciding which room to place the Roamio in.
Now where do we place the Roamio? If you have the ability to hardwire do it if not go wifi make sure you can place the Roamio in a room closer to your router than further so you have good signal strength. Reason being is streaming HD video requires a good signal or you’ll get a lot of buffering if the signal is weak. If your router has the ability to use different channels go with the 5Ghz.Theirs less interference in this band but once again signal strength is key. Yes the Roamio does support this band but it may not on the older versions. My current version does. Anyways back to the signal anything over 50% located in the settings part of your Tivo box under network will work. Lower than that it becomes kind of sketchy for the HD streaming from apps like Hulu or Netflix.
The minis require a hardwire connection to the network. You can do the Moca suggested version, uses coax for the network connection, but I went with the network over powerline config and it works well. My reason for not going over the coax is because I want those lines to be as clean as possible for my OTA (over the air) channels I was collecting from my HD antenna. The model I used for networking over the power lines is Netgear Powerline 1200.
Note: Streaming HD from the Roamio over wifi to your router and then from the router over hardline to the minis does perfectly fine despite what the Tivo rep said in chat.
1. Activate your account first on the Tivo website and register the devices first. This sometimes takes awhile for them to process so do it right when you get the equipment.
2. Connect your HD antenna. (Try different places in the house for the best signal)
3. Setup the Roamio, hardwire if possible, and validate your channels and apps are working
4. Install the inline power modules
5. Connect your minis to the inline power modules. When you do this give it a few minutes to connect to your Roamio. I was trying to fix a connection issue that wasn’t an issue because I wasn’t giving it time to sync even when the mini’s said it couldn’t find the Roamio. All I had to do was wait and like magic they were talking.
Hope this helps someone.
Most recent customer reviews
Several functions on the remote do not function properly.
You must manually restart the unit at least twice a week.Read more