|Item Weight||12.5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6.1 x 6.1 x 1.2 inches|
|Item model number||TCDA93000|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home Theater Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone
- We will fix the item, replace or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item. Zero deductible
- Fully transferable if you give as a gift
- Cancel anytime
- Some customers may purchase service plans and eligible products on Amazon. If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
TiVo Mini TCDA93000 with IR/RF Remote
|Price:||$149.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Add a TiVo Mini to additional TVs in your home for an easy, economical and entertaining multi-room setup.
- Tru Multi Room functionality means you get the full TiVo experience on every additional TV you equip with a TiVo Mini
- Provides full access to your streaming content from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, VUDU, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio and more.
- Connects to your TiVo DVR through your home network via Ethernet or MoCA (does not support Wifi). Compatible with TiVo BOLT, Roamio, Roamio OTA, Roamio Plus, Roamio Pro, Premiere 4 and Premiere XL4/Elite.
- Video Output Modes 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
With TiVo Mini, you can:
Watch live and recorded shows with TiVo’s full control features.
Stream content from Netflix, Amazon Video, VUDU, Pandora, Spotify, YouTube and other supported online providers.
Use SkipMode and QuickMode when connected to a supported TiVo device.
Pause a show in one room, and resume it in another.
Enjoy up to five different live or recorded shows throughout your home at the same time (6-tuner DVR required.)
Access your 4- or 6-tuner TiVo DVR through your Ethernet or MoCA home network to schedule recordings, WishList searches and OnePass recordings.
When you watch on a TiVo Mini, you won’t be getting a watered-down feature set. Tru Multi Room ensures you have all the same features you enjoy in the living room.
Why should the living room hog all the fun? With TiVo Mini, you can start a show in the living room and finish it in another room.
Unlike other add-on devices, the TiVo Mini doesn’t add a single nickel to your monthly TV bill. Let the kids access their shows in their playroom without any additional fees.
Compare to similar items
This item TiVo Mini TCDA93000 with IR/RF Remote
TiVo Roamio OTA 1 TB DVR - With No Monthly Service Fees - Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player - Compatible only with HDTV Antennas (does not work with cable)
Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player
TiVo BOLT 500 GB DVR: Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player - 4K UHD Compatible - Works with Digital Cable or HD Antenna
TiVo BOLT 1000 GB DVR: Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player - 4K UHD Compatible - Works with Digital Cable or HD Antenna
TiVo BOLT+ 3 TB DVR: Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player - 4K UHD Compatible - Works with Cable
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Connectivity Technology||Ethernet and MoCA||Built-in Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi|
|Item Dimensions||6.12 x 6.12 x 1.25 in||14.2 x 7.4 x 2 in||1.18 x 3.38 x 0.5 in||2.7 x 8 x 4.3 in||2.7 x 8 x 4.3 in||11.4 x 7.3 x 1.8 in|
|Item Weight||0.78 lb||3.7 lbs||1.13 ounces||0.7 lb||0.7 lb||1.9 lbs|
|Internet Applications||Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Vudu||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, YouTube, Vudu, Pandora||youtube, espn, amazon_instant_video, cbs, hulu, sling_tv, netflix, fox||Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Pandora, Vudu, YouTube||Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Pandora, Vudu, YouTube||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Pandora|
|Total HDMI Ports||1||1||0||1||1||1|
|Total Usb Ports||1||2||0||2||2||—|
TiVo Mini is the powerful, all-purpose companion to your four- or six-tuner TiVo box. Delivering Tru Multi Room control, the Mini doesn’t give you a watered-down set of features like other systems. Instead, you get the exact same TiVo experience in every room that you enjoy in your family room, including access to streaming content from Netflix, Amazon Prime and more. Plus, you’ll enjoy all your favorite TiVo control features, like SkipMode, QuickMode and OnePass. Best of all, you can add TiVo Mini to additional TVs for no additional service fee. So start a show in the living room and finish it in the bedroom. Or schedule a recording from the kids' room. It's big entertainment with a very mini footprint.
Top customer reviews
1. Before I've made our investment, I called Tivo 3 times and they were able to provide suggestions and answered our concerns.
2. Main reason I got Tivo Romio Plus (6 channel) mainly due to my usages (my folks can be recording 2-3 shows and kids can be recording/watching same time). Again, I have 4 TV's. I originally got Roamio but end up returning it and got Roamio Plus.
3. Setup was soooo easy (all done by network cable). Took less than 10 mins.
4. Not sure if this applies to others. One of our TV is mounted on the wall but all wires are hidden and DVR box was behind the wall. Had IR cable (See photo) running but Mini version has RF frequency which means it can go through the walls!!!! How cool is that!!!! (very important to me).
5. Small lag between channel but not noticeable. It's lots of money for Roamio Plus+ 3 boxes = $850 but I personally thought it was well investment for us.
For those that are like myself who is looking for save $$ for long term and getting ride of Comcast boxes, I honestly never thought Tivo was going to work for us (I honestly thought Tivo was DEAD but WOW!!!) but I am REALLY impressed and even my wife loves it. My only dilemma is whether to fork out another $500 for lifetime service. It's working for us so I would hope it works out for others!
The TiVo Mini solved the problem we had with our DirecTV TiVos, in that one device could do all the recording while the other streamed content. The thing is, and this is important - TiVo really wants you to use MoCA. Like REALLY REALLY REALLY wants you to use it. I thought maybe it was just a preference, so I hooked my Mini up to an Airport Express and made it wireless. Afterall, I'd been using a wireless receiver from AT&T for a couple of years.
Big mistake. Oh it acted like it worked. And it would work, for a little while. Then came the slow network errors bringing everything to a halt. I tried lowering the resolution to 720p, no difference. I tinkered with network settings, no difference. Unfortunately the easy answer (MoCA) doesn't work for me. Between DirecTV, U-Verse, and now Comcast - my coax network sucks. I'm not even sure if the outlets work anymore. For the last 5 years outside traffic has come from the NID, around my house, and through the outside wall - bypassing my inside wiring.
I did manage to solve my issue with two Powerline adapters and a switch. I hooked the switch up to my Comcast router and my TiVo Roamio. Then I wired that to a Powerline adapter and paired that with another Powerline upstairs. The Mini plugs into the adapter and BOOM everything works.
So yeah, if you have a working coax network use MoCA. If you don't, then consider a Powerline adapter. In my use, it provides enough bandwidth to stream traffic to the Mini.
The only setup problem I had, was that I didn't realize I had to activate it with TiVo before it would work, even though there is no service plan required for the Mini any more and it's just an extension of your existing TiVo. Until you activate it, (and wait up to a day for TiVo to process the activation), you will just get unhelpful error messages. Of course the manual does tell you this (I did open the manual eventually..doh!).
Once up and running, you have the familiar TiVo interface and everything works as expected. Unlike a full TiVo this thing is tiny, silent, and has fewer bright flashing LEDs on the panel, so is much more bedroom-friendly. It's less confusing that maintaining two full TiVos, as you only have one set of OnePasses and one set of My Shows to deal with. Connection over your existing cable wiring to to your Roamio or Bolt works great, using a technology called "MoCA" which requires no adaptors (except for older TiVo models). In my old house I had no MoCA problems, but in my new one I had to install a cheap PoE (point of entry) filter on the main cable feed to the house, to block out interference from neighbouring MoCA networks.
My friend has several Minis in his house and connects all of his with Ethernet, which also works great.
If you have a Roamio or Bolt, the one-button commercial break skip works on the Mini perfectly. You can also make the Mini's 30 second skip-ahead happen instantly with the familiar TiVo code of Select-Play-Select-30-Select. Playing videos from your main TiVo works perfectly. Once in a while, the buggy Amazon Video app will get very slow and stop working, but this is easily fixed by rebooting the Mini. Netflix works fine. The only program source I've had trouble with is XFinity On Demand, which is flaky even on my main TiVo.
Overall I've been very happy with the TiVo Mini. Its a much better bedroom-TiVo than a full-sized TiVo is, and it's less work than managing two separate TiVo's in a house. There's also no monthly fee for the Mini.