Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 276 reviews
on April 4, 2012
This is remote is pretty cute and the button layout is more compact than regular remote, but is still pretty good. Unlike the other reviews, this one is not quite as responsive as others have noted for some reason. It fits much more easily in my husband's hand. He has arthritis and has had a hard time holding onto standard remotes, but this one being more compact, he is able to hold it and reach all of the buttons comfortably.

UPDATE>>> April 16, 2012

Was lagging really bad and my boyfriend was getting ready to call it quits in the remote. But I thought maybe it was getting a clear signal. Being bluetooth means it doesn't have to be direct line-of-sight, so when I checked the volume button pointed away from the tv and it didn't work, I knew something was wrong. The remote has two modes: infrared AND bluetooth. The little light at the top of the remote lights up blue in bluetooth and orange in infrared. I plugged in the exstention and let the remote repair to the bluetooth and viola! It is working beautifully now!
on September 16, 2011
This is a neat little gadget that adds a lot to the TiVo experience. I only gave it four stars for the following reasons:

1) It is a little smaller than the standard TiVo remote. It is much shorter, but seems heavier and deeper. It is a little larger than an opened "clam shell" cell phone. For me that makes using the slide out keyboard a little awkward (But only a little, I have large hands) this should not deter you from buying this item.

2) In order to use the slide out keyboard of this device, you need to plug a USB Blue Tooth adapter into your TiVo (Provided). I have two HD TiVo's in different rooms. SoI cannot simply take the remote from one room to the other and use the slide out keyboard readily. This is an annoyance, but it should not bother most people. I wish they sold USB Blue Tooth adapters separately.

Other than these two minor flaws, I found the remote to be quite sturdy. It works well, although due to its size, the key setup feels a little different in your hands when you are flying through menus quickly. This is probably due to my own Pavlovian conditioning from constant TiVo usage. The changes are not that great. Your results may vary.

Setup was so quick an easy (with a Series 3 TiVo HD) that I hardly remember what I had to do.

This Remote makes surfing YouTube much much much easier. Buy this product if you do a lot of searching and slow typing with your TiVo currently. It's a GodSend!
I got my first TiVo many years ago, and in fact still have that original one - a Sony TiVo Series 1. Since then, I've upgraded twice, owning two Tivo Series 2 TCD540040 DVR Recorders and now upgrading to two TiVo TCD746320 Premiere DVRs (Black).

No matter which TiVo model I've used, one of my favorite features has always been the Wishlists. However, it's also been one of the most tedious features, as it used to require clicking through the on-screen keyboard until you spelled out the keywords you wished to set up.

When I got my TiVo Premieres, one of the main things I was looking forward to was the ability to use the TiVoSlide remote, which offers a full keyboard on the remote and greatly speeds the entry of alphabetical characters.

I didn't want to use the TiVoSlide as my main remote, as I prefer using my Logitech Harmony One Universal Remote with Color Touchscreen and Logitech Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote Control remotes with their advanced features such as Activities. I planned to buy one TiVoSlide remote to use for both of my TiVo Premiere DVRs, only using it when I needed to enter text too cumbersome to use the onscreen keyboard for.

Unfortunately, TiVo found a way to foil that plan. The TiVoSlide requires a Bluetooth adapter be connected to the TiVo and the slide-out keyboard only works with the Bluetooth adapter that remote is paired with. Ah well, best-laid plans go astray, as they say.

Still, I found the TiVoSlide to be so convenient I finally broke down and bought a second one for the other TiVo Premiere. Entering strings of text is truly a breeze with the slide-out keyboard and the rest of the remote works very well also. If you are already used to a standard TiVo remote, you will have no trouble switching to the TiVoSlide as it is laid out almost exactly like the original TiVo remote, albeit in a condensed size.

Programming my televisions in the TiVoSlide remote was very easy, just as with the original TiVo remote.

After using the TiVoSlide for just six months, I honestly don't know how I ever did without it. I really think that TiVo needs to start packaging these as a standard item with all TiVos. The only reason I did not rate it with five stars is that it can't be easily switched back and forth between TiVos without also moving the Bluetooth adapter.
on November 6, 2011
I purchased this recently for my TiVo HD. I've been eying this for sometime but it was a bit pricey at launch, however the recent price drop and the even cheaper $40 price tag from Amazon sealed the deal. From the pictures, it looked a bit "plasticky", but in your hands, it feels sturdy and solid. It works quite fast, the response is faster than the previous TiVo remote that came with the unit, I believe this might have something to do with the bluetooth interface. And the qwerty keyboard is extremely easy to use, no more moving the cursor around to pick your letters. My only complain is that it's a bit chunky and round and rolls around easily, wish it was a little narrower or shaped a little more flat on the bottom so it doesn't roll around as much. But overall, I'm very happy with it and can give it a 4.5 stars, especially with the new low price.
on September 10, 2012
This remote is a must have for your TiVo. Entering show names using the old fashioned method of four way cursor and lots of frustration is just not the way to live. Entering it with a well spaced qwerty keyboard is the high life.

The remote has exceptional build quality; the slide operates with a satisfying thunk and has withstood the rigors of my constant molesting of it while I idly lose my mind to television and my dropping the remote CONSTANTLY. By dropping, I mean it occasionally gets accidentally thrown across the room when certain sports teams do stupid things.

This remotes one failing. No key back-light. If it had one, it would be an easy 5 star product. It does not. Nor do many other remotes on the market today, certainly none other as versatile as this gem. But still, it is time to make remotes with back lights. TiVo are you listening?
on January 29, 2012
Got the TivoSlide because I needed a Tivo remote with learning capabilities for my Bose surround sound system. This remote is fantastic in every way except one; there's a tendency for the Tivo response to be delayed when clicking the remote. I've even got the USB extender hooked up to the dongle but the problem, which is sporadic, still persist and is quite irritating. This is the only reason why I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5. Otherwise it's a solid remote, keyboard is SO convenient and easy to use and the battery life is decent if you keep the back light option off. The button layout is intuitive (although it took a few days to get used to) and the compact size is perfect for me. The remote learning option is simple to program and worked well with my new sound system.
on March 10, 2012
I have had Tivos for ten years. I recently upgraded to the new premiere model and ordered this remote to go with it. I'm so happy I did! Now that Tivo has Netflix (and lots of other services) integrated, the keyboard is nearly a necessity. Searches are super fast and far less frustrating. It was awesome to have for the setup as well. With all of the information you have to enter, it makes the process nearly effortless. The size of the remote is great as well. It is shorter than the original model and I like the compact "fun size" of the unit. I can't believe this doesn't come standard with all new Tivo units! My only complaint is that the entry can be a bit delayed and laggy. Even with the small amount of lag, the device is well worth the investment.
on May 22, 2012
It's nice to not have to point it at the box like the original TiVo remote. And when you're searching in YouTube or Netflix, it's really nice to have the full qwerty keyboard.

Sometimes, however, when I pick it up, the slider moves ever so slightly, and it won't accept any commands on the main surface, because it's looking for input from the qwerty keyboard. So I have to slide the top surface back and forth a couple times to get it to work normally again.

Also, smaller is not always better. In this case, I prefer the slightly larger form factor of the original TiVo remote.
on July 16, 2012
I had to get a USB splitter for my TiVo HD in order to use this product with the Bluetooth receiver. Of note, you cannot plug the USB receiver into the USB splitter, it has to be plugged directly into the TiVo. I also have the wireless N network adapter, and a digital cable receiver which work properly when plugged into the USB splitter (my TiVo only has 2 USB inputs so I had to split one of them). But now that it's working, this is an awesome product. It makes typing in the search characters SO easy!!!
on November 26, 2012
I love this remote. I hated using the arrows to type out text for a search before. The slide out keyboard is great! The only reason I am giving it 4 stars and not 5 is that the keys on the remote are so touchy! If you grab it the wrong way and lightly touch a button, or drop the remote or something a button gets accidentally pressed and the next thing you know you are exited out of netflix, or on a different TV channel, etc... that's quite annoying.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.