Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 274 reviews
on December 31, 2011
I ordered this Tivo slide remote because I'm using a Series 3 and the Tivo app that's out there for iPhone and android is pretty limited unless you have a premiere.

The first slide remote I received was awful. Operation was very intermittent. I tried the remote with and without the usb extension and even tried adding an extra extension. I also tried reprogramming the remote to the BT receiver to no avail. I would sometimes have to press a button on the remote 3 or 4 times before the tivo would carry out the command. Sometimes the commands for all 3 or 4 button presses would catch up which was even more annoying than the remote not responding at all.

I exchanged the remote for a new one and it works much, much better. However, every once in a while my Tivo won't respond to a command from the remote. It's pretty rare, maybe 3 times per week. There are also instances where the tivo responds to a command after a 2 or 3 second pause. These symptoms are a bit annoying but I do really like the keyboard. I think I'll keep this remote but if performance drops even a little I'll be returning it for a refund.

Knowing what I know now I don't think I would order one in the first place.

Update: June 21,2012
I almost never use this remote anymore. Performance became worse as the weeks passed. Now I only use it if it happens to be nearby and I need the keyboard. I'm changing my 3 to a 1 star.
on May 21, 2012
I bought two of these hoping that I would enjoy the bluetooth functionality thinking that I wouldn't have to always be pointing the remote directly at my TiVo. I find that my channel will often change when I do not want it to change. Sometimes all you have to do is bump it with something as it lays there and the channel will change. My "3" often enters multiple times when pressed only once. Both remotes have many different faults of their own and I am sorry I bought them. I also think that they made a mistake by making these much shorter than the original remote. I think the best combination is the original remote that has two AA batteries, not the lighted remote with the AAA batteries, and to use a iPod with WiFi (or simular) with an app that allows you to enter text to your TiVo over WiFi. In my opinion, the best of the original TiVo remotes with the two AA batteries was the one that was made of transparent blue plastic opposed to the common grey plastic remotes, but I have not seen any of them for sale lately. They seemed to have an extremely powerful IR function. I think the lowered price of this remote is for a reason.
on February 4, 2014
Compared to the regular TiVo remote this thing sucks. You often have to push the button several times to get it to respond and when you use the commercial skip button, you know the one ( ->|), on the old remote you have to hit it about 8 times in a row to get through a full commercial break. On this one if you it it 3 or 4 times in a row, it jumps all the way to the end of the show. It's a total POS.
on January 16, 2013
I bought this in November, 2011. It worked fantastically until it just stopped working 4 months later. I spoke to others that own one, and the same thing for everyone - the longest one lasted of the 3 other people I talked to was 7 months. I talked to a Tivo rep about my account once, mentioned the remote issues and his comment back was "yea, a lot of people are saying that".

It's too bad because it's so helpful to be able to type in words at the search prompt with a keyboard instead of having to click the arrow keys to spell out words. Honestly a keyboard like this should come standard with a system that is reliant on typing words in anyway, in my opinion.

I Love my TiVo service, just this remote was a bust...and they are so expensive too.

-D
on March 10, 2012
This thing seems to eat batteries. I suppose the Bluetooth is always on, so just use rechargeable batteries. Other than that, it's a great remote. Original Alkaline only lasted 1 weeks, so did replacement set. I have some AA nickle metal hydride that I'm using now. Annoying to have to charge batteries so often, my Roku Bluetooth remote has a motion sensor and will power down when not in use, so it's batteries last a few months. Wish this had same feature.

Update: This sits unused, my original TIVO remote is used exclusively. Bad enough you need to change batteries every few days, but you also frequently have to unplug the USB adapter for bluetooth from your TIVO USB port to get them to work again. Worthless, don't waste your time.
on March 31, 2012
I purchased this remote at the end of October. It quit working about a week ago... I chatted with TiVo and they said there is nothing they can do because they only warranty items for 90 days and I need buy another remote, or continue use without this remote. I have had multiple TiVos, starting with the original, series 2, series 2 DT, HD, and premiere Elite. 3 of those were with lifetime service. The last time I had an issue with the TiVo freezing up, they told me all I could do was restart the TiVo nothing else could be done... now they won't do anything about a 5 month old broken remote...Their customer service has gone down the drain... The fact that they won't do anything, even a reduced cost replacement is ridiculous... I will not be buying another TiVo item again.
on December 27, 2012
Very disappointed with the quality of this remote. It started to develop problems where you had to press the keys multiple times to get it to work. Sometimes there would be a long delay in the response time. It finally died completely in just a few months. I found info on the web on how to fix this particular remote but when I tried to fix it, its still didn't work. Considering how expensive this remote it, its very sad to have it die so quickly. It looks like plenty of people have had the same experience as me. I will not buy another one for fear it would have the same problem.
on April 11, 2012
I have owned this remote for 2 months but used for less than 1. In the middle of using it became completely unresponsive. The top part no longer sent ir to the tivo and was stuck in bt mode. The slide out part still controlled the tivo but eventually that stopped as well. We tried numerous resets and it would not come out of bt mode and would not repair with the bt dongle. Went to Google and see this is a common issue and it either fixes itself or a new remote is the only fix.
Amazon being the amazing company it is allowed me to return the remote outside of the return window but I WILL NOT be purchasing another Tivo Slide remote.
on August 11, 2013
Like so many other disappointed purchasers, I initially loved this remote. Great idea, wonderful functions... until it didn't function. The gradual failure of various buttons was slow enough that I can't even say how long the product actually lasted - I really wanted it to work so I kept trying, in conjunction with another remote in order to use the keyboard. I should have acted as soon as anything went wrong, as I now have a totally non-functioning remote and it is long out of warranty.
on April 10, 2012
I should have read the reviews before purchasing this. In order for the keyboard to work (which is the only reason I bought this remote), you must plug a receiver into a USB port on your TiVo. If you're like me and you use a TiVo wireless adapter and a tuning adapter, you won't have an available USB port for the remote receiver to plug into. It'd be nice if the manufacturer included in the specs the need to have an available USB port. This thing is going back for a refund.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.