Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Tibetan Calligraphy: How to Write the Alphabet and More
Format: Paperback|Change

on July 1, 2013
I agree with other commentators that this is an excellent book, easy to follow and clearly laid out. As a lefty, however, I found I couldn't reproduce even the basic pen strokes. After a little experimenting, I decided to go out on a limb and just use my right hand and follow the directions exactly. It's working, but what a learning curve!

And one tiny critique: I didn't see (in the Kindle edition) any directions for the yatak subjoined character. I figured it out with some trial and error, so a minor quibble.
on January 19, 2016
I love writing but my handwriting sucks. For those who are studying Tibetan and are serious about the way you write, this would make a great resource.
on February 11, 2014
If you wish to learn more about this wonderful art, this is a good introductory and informative guide. I recommend this product to anyone wanting to learn a bit more about the Tibetan Art of Calligraphy, meaning of motion and flow and the power of form and word.
on August 23, 2017
A short and fantastic introduction to the Tibetan Language and the art of Calligraphy. I highly recommend this one if you are curious about the topic.
on October 4, 2017
Very accessible and clear instructions. I started right off feeling like progress is immanent.
on July 31, 2014
For those seeking to learn the art of Tibetan character calligraphy, this book offers enlarged, sequenced visual depictions of each line needed to create characters, along with helpful narrative explanations and longer mantram examples. An excellent primer, with nuanced advice about subtle flourishes that will benefit experienced calligraphers.
on April 6, 2013
This is such a beautiful, peaceful book on the process of learning Tibetan Calligraphy; his suggestion of approaching it as a meditation is the "feel" of the book, ie., quiet, centered.
on November 25, 2012
Glad I purchased this, it is very handy and lightweight, easy to access, easy to carry , with nice precision
on January 18, 2017
A good guide for beginners.
on October 7, 2015
Help to keep the culture alive!!! It is very beautiful writing and I am enjoying it, gathering my tools.