Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 240 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 265 reviews
on August 7, 2015
On a cruise, my daughter and her husband were introduced to the anniversary edition, and promptly gave their copy of the original game to me.
After I had played the anniversary edition, with its larger cards, individualized train cars, huge board, etc., I passed my first game to a friend and bought the anniversary edition for myself. The design of the board is daunting at first, but in practice easy to set up and allows for a quite large playing surface and easier-to-read map. The cities on the map are the same for both editions, but many do not appear on destination cards in the first edition.
This game is quite educational for kids, and even for some geographically-challenged adults. ( I confess that before I played, I had never known where Duluth was. . . .)
review image
on July 22, 2014
So much family fun. Love the larger, although still smaller than normal playing card, version of the cards and board! Fun shapes for the railroad cars and great tins to store them in. We already owned the original and the original expansion pack to this game but are glad we got the anniversary edition. Easier for all to play! We never use the counting mechanism that surrounds the board as we often forget to move the marker. It's easier to take each player off one at a time, counting the points as you remove the trains. Scoring is much more accurate this way. You won't regret buying this game as it is a lot of fun!
on August 28, 2014
Really really great! I wasn't a huge fan of ticket to ride. I know I know. Everyone is supposed to like this game. My wife on the other hand really loves the game, so I bought her the anniversary edition on our anniversary. See what I did there? The components in this game are so out of this world that it just begs you to play it. Now I can't get enough of the game. The beauty of this edition actually made me like the game more, and now it's one of my favorite games in our collection. My only gripe is that they didn't include the 1910 rules but they did include the actual expansion cards. So I had to look up how to play online. Not a big deal, but really surprised they didn't include them.
Enthusiast: Board Gameson August 22, 2016
This was my first Ticket to Ride copy, and I LOVE it! The train pieces are incredible, and I love the tins they come in. It helps with setup and cleanup, and just looks great overall.

The only issue I have with this copy is for the most part, it isn't compatible with the expansions, mainly due to the size of the train cars, but that is OK, my group and I just like playing this one so far.

I probably wouldn't play this with kids, unless its just my group, but when someone takes the route you need, and have been trying to get, and find out you just lost 20pts because of it, multiple choice words do get spewed out, but its all in fun.
review image review image
on July 8, 2015
A nice update to the original TTR. This has an enormous map, and bigger (TTR 1910/TTR Nordic Countries style) train cards and tickets. The trains come in metal tins; most are a good shape although I was not a fan of the black pieces (coal cars) which seem a bit flimsier than the other color train cars, and you have to be careful of the red pieces as well (they're supposed to be carrying animals but you can poke yourself easily on the giraffe heads coming out of their top). Also the trains come with an extra 2-3 per tin, so you have to be careful about your count when you play the game.

The giant map makes finding a suitable playing surface a bit tricky. And while the Mystery Train tickets were added along with the 1910 ones, the other Mystery Train items were not, making them seem a bit out of place. All in all, it's basically a much nicer looking version of the original, but with just a touch of overproduction that keeps me from giving it a 5/5.
on July 3, 2017
Hello!

This is a favorite game of mine, and the adult family.

This review is both a review of the game (5) but also this version, which I bought at > $50 more than the base original.

First, the inclusion of several additions makes the price point less of a sting, and then there is the 'stuff'.

The board is huge, and beautiful - takes much more table space - great/awful based on your space

I love the cards in this version; they are lovely, nicer than the regular, but they are just cards.

The trains are in these great storage tins, which are themed and quite nice.

Trains themselves are plastic, but also detailed pieces - they are a clear step up from the base, but they do have a very plastic look, and I prefer the original pieces.

This is a great, unique piece to have if you host games or this is a favorite game.
on February 16, 2015
Have enjoyed playing this with family and friends. Like the ease of using the larger cards and playing on the oversided game board that come in this set. The kids also love the unique styles of each set of trains included in this edition. With the 1910 expansion pack cards included there are a number of different ways to play the game, each one adding its own unique challenges. The only oversight seems to be the fact the instructions for using the expansion pack cards are not included. They're downloaded digitally easily enough though from the Ticket to Ride webpage (http://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/usa1910/). Though the recommended age is 8+, our 6 year old enjoys playing and is able to do so with little to no assistance.
on July 29, 2014
It's bigger, it's better! Bigger map, larger cards (a huge plus), better artwork, box is smartly organized, players have an individual tin of train pieces to pull from (again smartly organized). The artwork is better as are the painted and player specific train pieces. Overall, this is the version of the game to own whether you are a fan of the game or just picking it up for the first time.
on August 2, 2014
We are new to the Ticket to Ride games. I was looking for something to play over the summer with my grandson. The 10th Anniversary Edition is very well made. The trains are fun designs and the storage cans are nice to keep the trains together while playing the game. The trains are a bit bigger than the original ones and do not fit exactly on spacing for the expansion games but it does work ok. We have used them for the India & Switzerland expansion.
on December 28, 2014
I bought this game on a whim as a present for my son, who loves GOOD board games. His criteria is that the BOARD must be appealing, the PIECES designed well, STORAGE for the pieces is a big plus and of course a good game story which can be played by a minimum of two players, for those evenings when you don't have a bunch of friends or family around.

This game met all the essentials. We decided it is very easy to learn but could take time to master. It moves quickly - we like that - but the game does last a while so that's also great. 2-5 players, age 8+

We played it at least four times in two days. We've decided it's on the family game rotation at holidays now for sure.

I ordered another one for another son!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.