BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Kidz Bop Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 26, 2017
We have been playing this game for a while now & love it so this expansion is a great addition to the basic . Love it!!
on July 31, 2012
If you're not familiar with the base game, you don't need to read this review.

I first entered the Ticket to Ride franchise through the Scandinavian version because it was said to be particularly good for three players, although it was quite pricey. This proved to be true, and so I later purchased the US version. The two have similar elements but differ in details and thus in strategy. My granddaughter found the US version more to her liking, but I found the small format cards tedious. So when I looked at this product, both the expansion of the game and the larger format cards appealed.

And the promise was fulfilled. Yes, it is a significant fraction of the original game's cost (accentuated in part by Amazon's great price on the base game), but the overall enhancement to me is worth it.

Most importantly, you don't have to purchase it if you don't really enjoy the base game. If you don't like the base, this won't improve things; if you do, it may well enhance your enjoyment. And the cards can be stored along with the original cards in the base game's box. Just get some small plastic bags to separate the differently-colored trains, and you can double them up in enough compartments to make room for the new cards. (Putting the trains in plastic bags is useful for another reason -- if you count out 45 of each color once and keep the spares in a separate bag, you can get a game started more quickly when you want to play.)

There are two locations where I play the game, and I will probably purchase another one to avoid having to transport it back and forth. If I do, I will get the expansion at the same time.
on December 25, 2014
What's there to say? If you own the base game, this is a must-have. The extra tickets improve the game significantly, and the larger cards make the gaming experience much more satisfying. If you're like me, you have 2 or 3 of these expansion decks sitting on the shelf, so that when the latest one wears out, you have another one ready to go. If you take the plunge for the 10th anniversary edition, you are going to want to use these cards preserve the set that comes with the game, as there are no replacement cards available for it as far as I know.
on July 26, 2017
Worth it alone for the bigger cards! Included new destination cards and an added "most destinations" bonus.
on August 29, 2016
Mainly with this expansion you are getting a couple of new route card, a few new ways to play (I usually just stick to the original way) and larger train cards.

I'm not sure why, but people always complain about the little cards that come with the original game, so I purchased this expansion mainly to get the larger cards. The larger card are defiantly a nice touch. I think if you play this game a lot this is worth it.
on January 5, 2015
This makes a lot of subtle improvements as far as destination tickets go, but the real value is in the full-size train cards.

It would have been really nice for them to just come up with a version that has this included, as it costs more than half of what the original game does.
on March 16, 2017
We gifted this to our children who already have the game. They love it!
on April 23, 2014
Everyone in the family loves the expansion. Aside from the face that you get the larger cards which are easier to shuffle without damaging, you also get extra routes, and the option of playing the game in 3 ways. You also get a new 15 points bonus card for the person who completes the most tickets. I can also swear - i might be right or it might just be because the cards are brand new - but i feel like the colors on the cards are richer. The expansion has also changed the way that everyone plays this game, but for the better. The expansion really encourages the drawing of new destination tickets and playing riskier, and i am glad to see more people in my group doing that. It is worth your money, and it will make the USA map fun again.
on April 1, 2017
Great to replace the small cards with these larger cards. Much easier to play with!
on May 29, 2015
We bought the expansion pack largely because I hate shuffling the tiny cards that come with the regular edition, but the new destination tickets that come with the game are great! It really adds a new element to the game, we've never gone back since we added the new expansion. It comes exactly as described, larger cards, the colors are a bit better, the rainbow/wild cards are more distinct, and the destination tickets are more clear because of the new size. There are also three new ways to play the game, so if you're tired of the same old, this changes the game up a bit.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.