Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 27, 2016
Ticket to Ride is by far our favorite board game. The directions are a little overwhelming to learn for first time players but once you get going it is very simple. We purchased this expansion and also the Europe one. We almost exclusively play with this expansion (over the original version) because there are many more destinations and a few alternative ways to play. The best part though is that the cards are larger than the original version and thus much easier to hold/shuffle.
on November 17, 2016
We love Ticket to Ride but had played it so much we knew the routes and each had our own strategies. This opened up new routes and the game again. Having full size cards is worth the purchase
on April 26, 2017
We have been playing this game for a while now & love it so this expansion is a great addition to the basic . Love it!!
on July 31, 2012
If you're not familiar with the base game, you don't need to read this review.

I first entered the Ticket to Ride franchise through the Scandinavian version because it was said to be particularly good for three players, although it was quite pricey. This proved to be true, and so I later purchased the US version. The two have similar elements but differ in details and thus in strategy. My granddaughter found the US version more to her liking, but I found the small format cards tedious. So when I looked at this product, both the expansion of the game and the larger format cards appealed.

And the promise was fulfilled. Yes, it is a significant fraction of the original game's cost (accentuated in part by Amazon's great price on the base game), but the overall enhancement to me is worth it.

Most importantly, you don't have to purchase it if you don't really enjoy the base game. If you don't like the base, this won't improve things; if you do, it may well enhance your enjoyment. And the cards can be stored along with the original cards in the base game's box. Just get some small plastic bags to separate the differently-colored trains, and you can double them up in enough compartments to make room for the new cards. (Putting the trains in plastic bags is useful for another reason -- if you count out 45 of each color once and keep the spares in a separate bag, you can get a game started more quickly when you want to play.)

There are two locations where I play the game, and I will probably purchase another one to avoid having to transport it back and forth. If I do, I will get the expansion at the same time.
on December 25, 2014
What's there to say? If you own the base game, this is a must-have. The extra tickets improve the game significantly, and the larger cards make the gaming experience much more satisfying. If you're like me, you have 2 or 3 of these expansion decks sitting on the shelf, so that when the latest one wears out, you have another one ready to go. If you take the plunge for the 10th anniversary edition, you are going to want to use these cards preserve the set that comes with the game, as there are no replacement cards available for it as far as I know.
on March 19, 2014
I'll be direct: The Ticket to Ride series is my favorite board game series.

We LOVE connecting our cities on the Heart of Africa map, or trying to link the 4 countries in the Switzerland map.

Ticket to Ride Europe is our favorite full box game, but we felt like the base game, Ticket to Ride (North America) is, well, dull.

Don't get me wrong, It's still Ticket to Ride! But the choice of destination was limited, and the small playing cards? AWFUL! Just AWFUL.

You get these large tickets for all of the maps, and the large train cards with Ticket to Ride Europe, but the small cards meant our Ticket to Ride base game was gathering dust.

Until we bought 1910: Suddenly, you have all these destinations which mix things up, and you know what? You get the big cards now!!!

Not just for the tickets, but also for the trains... Our small cards never left their recessed holding spots in our box and instead, we now place 2 bags of trains per slot (and the spare trains) and use the remaining 2 for the tickets and the train cards. It fits! Even with sleeves!

But now, you get 3 modes of play:

The Base game, with just the original ticket (with a few welcomed corrections in point values for some error tickets),
Big Cities, for which ALL tickets are just to 8 cities (including the frustrating Miami)
The BIG Game, which includes ALL of the tickets, and believe me, if you shuffle them well, ,you'll never get 2 games alike...

Now, I won't lie to you, Ticket to Ride (North America) is STILL our least favorite map, but now, at least, we'll play it once in a while and it got back at the best for introducing new players to the series since it's the ONLY game without ANY special rules (no ferries, no tunnels, no lost trains, no special cards, no train stations or passengers).

But without 1910, you are stuck using the tiny useless cards...

Well, they are 100% useless: with 1910 and 3 full games (North America, Europe and Marklin) and the pumkins train, you get 4 set of Train cards (3 big and 1 tiny ) and 16 train sets.

This allows you to use your map collections for FOUR simultaneous Ticket to Ride games of 16 players (We were planning 3 for Switzerland, 5 for Europe, 4 for Asia and 4 for Africa), with a Marklin or India finale for the 4 winners... but the game didn't work out (long story, coordinating 16 players is HARD).

You could even play with 17 players if you use a 6 player team Asia game...

In short, 1910 is awesome...
on July 26, 2017
Worth it alone for the bigger cards! Included new destination cards and an added "most destinations" bonus.
on August 29, 2016
Mainly with this expansion you are getting a couple of new route card, a few new ways to play (I usually just stick to the original way) and larger train cards.

I'm not sure why, but people always complain about the little cards that come with the original game, so I purchased this expansion mainly to get the larger cards. The larger card are defiantly a nice touch. I think if you play this game a lot this is worth it.
on January 5, 2015
This makes a lot of subtle improvements as far as destination tickets go, but the real value is in the full-size train cards.

It would have been really nice for them to just come up with a version that has this included, as it costs more than half of what the original game does.
on March 16, 2017
We gifted this to our children who already have the game. They love it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.