Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 618 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 661 reviews
on December 30, 2013
If you love the base Ticket To Ride game as much as my family does, you'll love this expansion even more! My review assumes you have an understanding of the base game.

Summary of the biggest benefits of adding the 1910 Expansion:

- It replaces all of the base cards with standard-format cards (routes and trains). These are MUCH easier to shuffle, handle, and read.
- It adds a lot of new routes and evens out the scoring around the map. With the base game, it seemed there was a bias of high route points near the north part of the map, meaning if you got those routes you were pretty sure to win.
- There's a new 15-point bonus card for the player that completes the most routes. Without this card I found myself trying to achieve the longest train 10-point bonus at any cost. This new card makes you think more strategically about your routes and more likely to draw new routes during play.
- Some route cards are marked "Big Cities", allowing you to play an alternate game only using routes between... well, "big cities".

In my opinion, this is how the base game should be played. It would be nice to see the publisher update the base version to include this expansion someday, but then they would obviously lose the upgrade sales. :)
on January 11, 2017
If you have played Ticket to Ride, you will enjoy this 1910 Expansion Pack. This pack allows you to change the routes of the game which adds an all new adventure for the players. Just use these cards instead of the cards that come with your Ticket to Ride game to add a new, fresh, and challenging adventure to the old game! It's great that you can just get these cards instead of buying a whole new game.
on April 25, 2016
It is worth almost the price alone for the regular sized train car and destination cards. The added destinations also add much more variety to the strategies and paths you can take when playing, and is much harder to guess what people are trying to complete. The added bonus card for most destinations completed also adds another unique layer to the game.
on May 10, 2017
I got this for a gift for my mom, we play ticket to ride all the time. I did not think it was going to be worth the price, but I was wrong. If you play often,It is worth every penny! I love that it gives you more routes, changing the game up a bit, and the cards are easy to shuffle! We were having such a hard time shuffling the tiny cards that come with the original game. These cards are so much better!
on December 4, 2014
I love this expansion. Adds 3 new types of game play to the original game, quickly changing the dynamic and feel of the game with the need for new strategy.

Play with just the new tickets and aim for the new bonus cards

Play with only the big city tickets from each set to aim to get all the cities without pulling route tickets for small cities

Or play with all the tickets in the mega game.

Replaces longest road with a) big cities, did you hit all the major cities and
B) most routes completed bonus points cards

Comes in a compact box of the same quality as ticket to ride.

Cards are bigger than ticket to ride to allow for easy sorting back into original boxes- no worries if combining games from different owners. (Although this can make stacking the cards a little tricky at times)

New rules for one of the games specifies pulling 4 route tickets but keeping 2 at first and 1 each time you pick routes helping to dampen attempts to mine the route deck for preferred routes but also upping the odds with the additional card pulled.
on September 22, 2016
I purchased this pack because I wanted a deck of cards that had larger print; the actual game has smaller cards and with smaller print. This larger print version makes the game even the more enjoyable for me. If you want less visual strain, this version will be perfect!
on February 8, 2014
I bought this game to give to my grandson who is 9 years old and LOVES playing monopoly. The problem with monopoly is that it takes a long time to play and he cannot convince enough of the rest of the family to play it...like everyday. After we played this game for the first time, it is now a favorite amongst the whole family! The only problem is that since its his game, he gets to take it home with him when he leaves and my husband and I can't play again until he comes back for a visit. (guess we will have to get our own).
I bought the 1910 expansion after reading the reviews about the small cards (tickets) in the original game. We were all very happy with the larger cards, plus there are more versions of playing the game. This game enhances strategical thinking since you have to find a route from one state/city to another. You choose at least 2 tickets which have destinations on them. You then have to collect your train cars, (cards) which will be color coded to match the colors of the track on the game board. Once you get the correct amount of the color coded cards that match the amount needed on the board, you can then claim that route and put your own train cars down on the board. Depending on where your ticket destination is headed, your routes can be long or short, and the routes can be blocked when other players are also trying to get to their destination, causing you to choose another route. Each player does not know where the other players are trying to go, so this gets very interesting. We will be buying more games like this one in the near future.
on July 26, 2016
Ticket to Ride is by far our favorite board game. The directions are a little overwhelming to learn for first time players but once you get going it is very simple.

We purchased this expansion and also the Europe one. We almost exclusively play with this expansion (over the original version) because there are many more destinations and a few alternative ways to play. The best part though is that the cards are larger than the original version and thus much easier to hold/shuffle.

Overall, I would encourage you to give this game a try! We have given this game as a gift to many of our friends
on April 15, 2017
So I'm a big fan of this game. This expansion doesn't add a whole lot in terms of gameplay (I mean it's decent) but I love the reprint of the game cards in large format.
on July 8, 2017
Replaced my replacement set, yes that's right this game gets played so much I have worn out the first set of replacement cards I bought 5 years ago.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.