Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 620 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 661 reviews
on July 26, 2016
Ticket to Ride is by far our favorite board game. The directions are a little overwhelming to learn for first time players but once you get going it is very simple.

We purchased this expansion and also the Europe one. We almost exclusively play with this expansion (over the original version) because there are many more destinations and a few alternative ways to play. The best part though is that the cards are larger than the original version and thus much easier to hold/shuffle.

Overall, I would encourage you to give this game a try! We have given this game as a gift to many of our friends
on April 15, 2017
So I'm a big fan of this game. This expansion doesn't add a whole lot in terms of gameplay (I mean it's decent) but I love the reprint of the game cards in large format.
on July 8, 2017
Replaced my replacement set, yes that's right this game gets played so much I have worn out the first set of replacement cards I bought 5 years ago.
on February 3, 2016
Did you're going to buy the ticket to ride North America version then you need to get this to go with it. The base game only comes with "fun sized" cards and this expansion comes with the full sized cards and more routes to make the base game have more replay value.
on February 5, 2011
If you have, or are thinking about buying Ticket to Ride USA, this is a must! The full-size cards (tickets and train cards) are so much easier to shuffle than the half-size cards that came with the TTR USA game. The graphics are high quality, and the tickets are marked with "1910" or "Big Cities" to help you play four different options (original TTR USA cards only, 1910 cards only, Big Cities only, or "Mega" game in which you use all the destination cards which is good for 4 or 5 players). I store two baggies of trains in each compartment and use the extra compartments to store my 1910 deck in the TTR USA game box.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2012
When I first received my Expansion Set I was a little disappointed. Some descriptions online aren't very clear when they say that the set includes cards from the Mystery Expansion set (long out of print and no longer available). Well I'll clear it up for the newer game players like myself. The original mystery set was a giveaway at a show and came in a magazine back in 2004. It included 4 new tickets and 5 character cards. The cards were mixed into the ticket deck after the initial tickets were given out at the beginning of the game. The character cards were something special though! There were 4 different characters which granted the person that found them a prize/power of sorts. The Tycoon, gave the owner 10 extra points at the end of the game if they had a coast to coast connection. The Inspector, let the owner double the value of any card worth 10 or less points. The Station Agent, gave 10 points to the owner if they visited the most cities at the end. And the Engineer, in which there were two cards, let the owner dig through the ticket deck and pick out a ticket of his choice. Sounds fun right!? Well the 1910 pack includes the 4 tickets but NOT the character cards. But I have a solution for this at the bottom! First, the review!

I love this expansion for a couple reasons.

1. I really enjoy the new rule set, especially 1910 Mega, which throws a whole bunch of extra tickets in the mix. You get 5 tickets at the start (keep 3+) and it also throws in a the globetrotter card which gives the person with the most tickets at the end 10 more points.
I like the other two variants as well, Classic, which swaps the longest track with the most tickets card, and then the big cites variant that tosses both those cards out and only includes tickets connecting to Big cites. Like I said I enjoy all of them, but the Mega game usually gets crazy with people taking tickets left and right.

2. I love the new card sizes! The cards in the original game were annoyingly small but in the expansion the cards are the size of normal playing cards. And not just the new cards, the expansion includes new versions of all of the cards from the original game as well! So this expansion takes the place of the cards from the original. Much easier to shuffle and hold on to. I recommend this set for that reason alone.

So back to the Mystery Characters. I told you I had a solution and here it is!

I made my own custom Mystery Character cards! And you can too! The original character cards were the size of the original, small game cards and purple, so a player knew when one was up. Well I prefer a little more mystery in my mystery cards. ;) So I created a set which is the same size as the 1910 set and has the same back as well. I printed them on card stock and rounded the edges so it is really difficult to see if you're about to get a mystery character.

I've also set this up so that you can do it too! Unfortunately, Amazon won't let me link directly to my files but there are two ways you can find them. First, I made a post on the BoardGameGeek Ticket to Ride forum on 3/12/2012 which links to them (my screenname is FujiToast). Otherwise right now a google search of "Custom Mystery Characters" will also take you directly to the forum post.

Have Fun!
33 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2015
I love the original board game a lot, and didn't expect that a simple expansion would be as fun as this turned out to be. It keeps the board game fresh without requiring you to learn a whole new set of rules or style of play like some games' expansion packs do. (The biggest difference between the expansion and the standard: the standard awards bonus points at the end for the player with the longest route; the expansion awards bonus points at the end for the player with the most completed routes.) My board gaming group has now started to play the expansion version more often than the standard, although both are a great time for an easygoing board game experience.
on November 17, 2016
We love Ticket to Ride but had played it so much we knew the routes and each had our own strategies. This opened up new routes and the game again. Having full size cards is worth the purchase
on April 26, 2017
We have been playing this game for a while now & love it so this expansion is a great addition to the basic . Love it!!
on July 31, 2012
If you're not familiar with the base game, you don't need to read this review.

I first entered the Ticket to Ride franchise through the Scandinavian version because it was said to be particularly good for three players, although it was quite pricey. This proved to be true, and so I later purchased the US version. The two have similar elements but differ in details and thus in strategy. My granddaughter found the US version more to her liking, but I found the small format cards tedious. So when I looked at this product, both the expansion of the game and the larger format cards appealed.

And the promise was fulfilled. Yes, it is a significant fraction of the original game's cost (accentuated in part by Amazon's great price on the base game), but the overall enhancement to me is worth it.

Most importantly, you don't have to purchase it if you don't really enjoy the base game. If you don't like the base, this won't improve things; if you do, it may well enhance your enjoyment. And the cards can be stored along with the original cards in the base game's box. Just get some small plastic bags to separate the differently-colored trains, and you can double them up in enough compartments to make room for the new cards. (Putting the trains in plastic bags is useful for another reason -- if you count out 45 of each color once and keep the spares in a separate bag, you can get a game started more quickly when you want to play.)

There are two locations where I play the game, and I will probably purchase another one to avoid having to transport it back and forth. If I do, I will get the expansion at the same time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.