Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 2, 2015
Our family loves Ticket to Ride. We play is almost every time we get together for holidays, etc. This was a nice addition to the basic game, and I like the possibility to play the 2 versions of "old asia" and "current asia"
on October 23, 2014
Fans of Ticket to Ride USA will definitely enjoy this expansion! You get a two-sided board with two different options of play; one is team play and the other is not. I actually really enjoy the 2-5 player side of this board. Many people seem to favour the team play, but I find the 2-5 player side is one of the best maps of Ticket to Ride. All players get the option of a long ticket, and all other tickets are close in value. This makes for a much closer and tense game. As much as I love the original TTR, sometimes there can be big gaps in player scores and this doesn't happen in the Asian TTR nearly as much. I also enjoy the introduction of tunnels. I won't explain how they work since others have done that, but the tunnels make for a shorter game since everyone is discarding trains. People can also build on tunnels strategically and trash trains to end the game so opponents don't finish their tickets. Overall the Legendary Asia map is done very well and is highly enjoyable.
The team map is also fun, but I've noticed some people don't like it too much. Playing with a partner and not communicating plans can be very stressful and some just don't fancy that type of play. In one game, my partner had used all of her trains early and I still had trains left and we lost because the opposing team got two turns for every one I took. This was frustrating. Adding a 6th player is nice though, and I've had pleasant experiences with this variant as well.
The components are ok. The cards are flimsy and could have been much better. I really like the cardholders this expansion gives you and I almost always use them in other TTR games. I'm happy to have bought this expansion and recommend it to lovers of TTR.
on July 6, 2013
was a long, long time ago. Hero Quest if I remember right. Two decades later and I am back into playing board games heavily again and TTR sucked me in. As with the original, easy to learn the new rules. It too a little while to get used to the new geography, but after that sunk in, it became very easy to inadvertently screw over your opponents. Some places just don't allow for one person to play nicely, and taking one set of tracks can royally mess up your opponents plans. It's a good thing I like sleeping in my recliner.

Haven't played the team side yet, but I am sure it will be a blast as well.
on April 7, 2017
I love playing the Ticket to Ride board games. This expansion makes the game more interesting. I love the feature of team play. The games was shipped & it showed up in excellent condition. Thanks a lot.
on January 4, 2015
My son (28 years old) was very happy when he received his Ticket to Ride Asia on Christmas Eve.
He couldn't wait to get it out of the box and play. He's looking for another expansion. A Mexican Train and lay tracks from Nuevo Laredo to Acapulco. From Isla Mujeres to Guadalahara. Hope a ticket to ride version of that is in the works. Keep us posted at nazablasto1@twc.ocm and nightwing2012 @gmail.com and winkie360@sbcglobal.net Thanks.
on November 3, 2012
I love that this is a 2 in 1 game. The game board has a different map on each side. One side is a new team style game, the other is a non-team game with new twists and lot's of new places to cut-off your competitors. The team side is great because you have to cooperate with your team mate, but can not communicate about strategy or show each other your ticket cards. It adds a refreshing spin on the traditional ticket to ride. Highly recommend this game, whether you have ever played any version of ticket to ride or not. I think more games should come with a different map, style, strategy, etc. on each side of the board. Makes so much sense.
on May 15, 2017
Big fan. Two games in one. The team play is my new favorite. Worth the money.
on December 23, 2016
Missed the part about that this game needs the supplies from ticket to ride Europe.
on September 28, 2013
This is a good game for people who are tired of the destinations in the other ticket to ride versions. There is more luck in the destination card draws than in other versions. Because the points are similar, it hurts your score a lot if you don't complete a route. In the other versions you are more likely to draw a destination you have already completed than in this version. We've played the longer train version which is included with this as well but have found it takes too long to complete.
on May 9, 2016
Fun game for the whole family. Provides a great opportunity to engage and be present. If you have a competitive nature and want to scratch that itch, this game provides it. If you want a little strategy in your family game nice, look no further.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.