Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on December 30, 2016
I am a huge Ticket to Ride fan. If you are getting this you should be too. Do not get this until you played one of the other versions.

It comes with enough trains for the team map. Which is tons of fun working with someone. Then the larger map, plays more like a traditional round but with mountains.

You need the USA or the Europe maps in order to play this. Bottom line is this is different rules, and if you played the core set, then you know what to expect. If you don't, go play the USA or Europe games.
on August 15, 2013
I recently purchased this map expansion pack for Ticket To Ride and it is excellent. Specifically the team play board is awesome. We had never tried any of our previous TTR board games in a team based manner (I presume there is a way to do this as a variant in all or some of the other versions available out there), however one side of this expansion is dedicated to team play and the rules for that side of the board are explicitly written for team play, and it is brilliant.

We had a couple of 3 team games and everyone absolutely loved it. The game play and strategy has exciting dynamic and is tension filled throughout. Needless to say we have not even opened the ticket deck for the flip side single player map as everyone wants more team play.

For extra fun before we start a game we put two train cars of each team color into a hat and then everyone has a turn to blind draw out a train to see what color team they will be on. That alone is a blast to see who you will be partnered with.

In conclusion: I highly recommend this expansion for all TTR fans out there. This is a must have expansion for your TTR collection.
on January 5, 2018
We purchased Ticket To Ride for one of our kids Christmas. It quickly became a family favorite. We decided to purchase Ticket to Ride Asia to give us added variety. The board and cards are beautiful. The game board has two sides (one for teams and one for individual players) and the addition of mountains and ferries give an already fantastic game a fresh addition. Our family loves it! The players range in ages from 10-47 and it is enjoyed by all! The Ticket to Ride Asia is an extension to the Ticket to Ride base game (we have the US one but I believe the Ticket to Ride Europe works as well) and we are very pleased with the purchase. We will be purchasing the other ‘Maps’ extensions in the future!!
VINE VOICEon June 22, 2014
Obviously the single-player map (Legendary Asia) is fun - it's Ticket to Ride, it's always fun.

But the "team map" on the other side of the board makes this my favorite expansion yet. There's no real indication of how much "table talk" is allowed but we pretty much found that the more talking you do, the more fun the game wlll be. So we shared all routes and tried to coordinate as much as possible (without actually letting the other team hear specifics, of course).

Highly recommended if you like Ticket to Ride, and you also generally enjoy team games.
on November 2, 2015
The team Asia board will likely never get played, but legendary Asia puts a nice spin on things. Mountain tracks cause damage to trains, so occupying them will cost you. For every mountain segment you put a train on, you'll discard trains in exchange for victory points. The mountains can be used to accelerate the endgame by smart players.
on February 11, 2018
Love the game itself and I do like the map, but unfortunately most American locals are not huge experts in global geography to use this map with confidence. However if you want your kids to learn the world map (and yourself are not scared of the geography challenge) then get this map lol.
on February 8, 2012
My husband and I have been fans of the Ticket to Ride series for a while - we have the original game, the Switzerland edition (which is great when you only have two people), and the card game. We got this one largely because it's the only Ticket to Ride game which you can play with six people (most of the others max out at five).

We tried out the Team Asia version on New Years Eve with two other couples, and it was so much fun! The way it works is each pair has one set of trains to share between them, but each individual has their own train cards and routes. You're not allowed to discuss your strategies, and the only way you can share information with your teammate is by using one of your actions to place cards on the common rack. The result in our case was a hilarious, intense game full of meaningful looks, outbursts of frustration, and lots of, "Why can't you read my mind???"

The Legendary Asia map is fun too, but the dynamic of Team Asia is totally different than the other Ticket to Ride games. Highly recommend!

Keep in mind this is an EXPANSION, not a standalone game! You need a copy of the original to play this.
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 25, 2011
OK, I admit it...I love boardgames as it's a great way to spend time with family and friends. My favorite series by far is TTR and this new board has two interesting versions to play: Legendary Asia which was one of the winners of the TTR contest earlier this year and the Team Asia map. The game play is similar to previous maps, except for the addition of extra train costs for mountain passes, the added cost checking for tunnels (it varies on the board from the regular 3 up to 6!) and the inclusion of triple routes instead of single or double.

It is a great and fun addition to the series! Be aware that this is an expansion, so you need one of the original games to play as this version does not have the train cards or trains needed to play the game. It does come with some interesting wooden card holders, but we just like holding & hoarding the cards in our hands :)

This version is good for 2-6 players, for all ages in my house (but box says 8+), and takes 30-60 minutes to play. The first couple of plays will definitely take longer until you become familiar with the city names and their location on the board.

Can't wait for Volume 2!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 6, 2013
was a long, long time ago. Hero Quest if I remember right. Two decades later and I am back into playing board games heavily again and TTR sucked me in. As with the original, easy to learn the new rules. It too a little while to get used to the new geography, but after that sunk in, it became very easy to inadvertently screw over your opponents. Some places just don't allow for one person to play nicely, and taking one set of tracks can royally mess up your opponents plans. It's a good thing I like sleeping in my recliner.

Haven't played the team side yet, but I am sure it will be a blast as well.
on January 5, 2013
Bought as an expansion to my sons USA version. Game was enjoyable. You really have to pay attention thoug. Not a real good talk amongst family game. It requres you to pay to close attention to what is happneing. We played the 6 person team game. It is very competitive and does not seem to skew the outcome based upon initial draws at the beginning. You have a chance to make or break regardless of you draws. But conversation was minimal among family. If that is a goal for you group get-togetheres, this will not create that environment. But if you want a good competitive and fun game, or want to spice up the old ticket to ride game, this is worth it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.