Ticket To Ride: Nordic Countries
|Price:||$33.44 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$16.55 (33%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- For 2-3 Players
- 30-60 minute playing time
- Standalone board game
- Nordic countries theme
- Part of the popular Ticket to Ride series of games
- Easy to learn
- Limited edition North American release
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
This Nordic version has full sized train and destination cards also, better than the little ones in TtR. I was a bit leery about the addition of tunnels and ferries in this version, expecting it to be a confusing addition to the game, but it isn't. Again, my fears are totally out of line. The best thing about the Nordic version is that you can't use the wild locomotive cards wherever/whenever you want to. So, if the route calls for 5 green trains, you need 5 green train cards, no wild cards accepted! Still, on a handful of land routes, the colored spaces will have a locomotive printed on it, and that requires the use of a wild card.Read more ›
Without delving too deep into the game play, there are several things worth mentioning.
1. Locomotives (wild cards) may only be used on ferry or tunnel sections, and are treated like normal cards when drawing cards.
2. Finding the routes from the tickets can be a bit difficult. I haven't had much of an issue with this, but several people that I play with often voice confusion due to the cities being difficult to find.
3. The 9 train car route is possibly unfair when scoring. I have played 10-15 times within the past couple of weeks since I received the game, and the person completing the long route has won each game. It makes for a race to see who can complete this section the fastest. If you are unlucky enough to get a route that includes this 9 train section, you'd better hope you win the race, or you'll be forced to find another way around. I don't know yet if this will continue to be the case, but it may warrant a "house rule" by changing the point total for the section from 27 to 18, or treating it like a 6 train car section.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is super fun with two players, and a good challenge with three players. The trains come in black, purple, and white, and there are enough spares included to play with these... Read morePublished 19 hours ago by Amazon Customer
We have the original game and wanted to try another version. This is very fun. Not as many people can play, although we made one person be the train/card and looking at the... Read morePublished 8 days ago by Carole
As a huge ticket to ride fan, I already owned 6 different boards before I purchased this game. I love ticket to ride europe with the expansion and team Asia and switzerland. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Kate
Not limited edition just regular game. Website info is not accurate. The games awesome. The game itself gets 5 stars but this version does not because website says special limited... Read morePublished 1 month ago by C.S.
Really like the ferry rule and the card sub rules for the longest route. Also, the removal of rejected route cards adds some different and interesting strategy to this version.Published 1 month ago by Bookmaiden
Very fun and rather cutthroat. A nice addition to the series.Published 1 month ago by John D. Culbertson
My son and I play Ticket to Ride all the time with just the two of us. This board provides a tighter game than the others in the series that are designed for up to 5 players. Read morePublished 2 months ago by M. Kei
Actually fun with just 2 people. And pretty challenging with 3 (in a good, somebody is going to get cut off, kind of a way).Published 2 months ago by Alex