Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 175 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 193 reviews
on June 26, 2016
As a huge ticket to ride fan, I already owned 6 different boards before I purchased this game. I love ticket to ride europe with the expansion and team Asia and switzerland. I mostly got this one for the purple and white train cars and the oversize cards. Over half of the routes worth 10 or more points potentially go through the "troublesome T" that will trainwreck your game. Because only three routes connect north to south, if you are playing with 2 players and no double routes it's almost impossible to make any of the longer routes that go north to south. It's very frustrating. I'm all for rerouting but it's almost impossible to reroute when there just aren't any routes. If you love the idea of purple (or white) train cars, and you want to complete your map collection, it's a decent buy. However, it's probably not going to be your new favorite map. Switzerland board is a much more fun 3 person game. Additionally the cards are written in a confusing manner as described in another review. It's just not quite to par with the other games.
on October 26, 2016
My wife purchased this for a game night date after seeing it in some recommendations of 2-3 player games. It's the first Ticket to Ride game either of us has played and we've enjoyed it so much that we plan on purchasing the original to play with family and friends during the holidays. We've played this game 4 or 5 times now and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour from start to finish. This is a good strategy game also since the possibly of getting cut off is rather high and you have to reroute. There's three sets of trains (purple, white, black) and the cards are nice, colorful, and seem to be good quality.
review image review image review image
on January 3, 2011
Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries is another great addition to the Ticket to Ride series of games. The best part of this edition is that it is only for 2-3 players, which can make for a more available game since it can be difficult to find up to 5 players for the other editions of Ticket to Ride. This makes it much easier for my wife and I to enjoy a great board game without having to organize a "game night." Quality, as always with Days of Wonder games, is top notch. The cards are similar to standard playing cards, and as such could wear over time, but it will take years and years. Everything else is made of a hearty cardboard or plastic.

Without delving too deep into the game play, there are several things worth mentioning.

1. Locomotives (wild cards) may only be used on ferry or tunnel sections, and are treated like normal cards when drawing cards.

2. Finding the routes from the tickets can be a bit difficult. I haven't had much of an issue with this, but several people that I play with often voice confusion due to the cities being difficult to find.

3. The 9 train car route is possibly unfair when scoring. I have played 10-15 times within the past couple of weeks since I received the game, and the person completing the long route has won each game. It makes for a race to see who can complete this section the fastest. If you are unlucky enough to get a route that includes this 9 train section, you'd better hope you win the race, or you'll be forced to find another way around. I don't know yet if this will continue to be the case, but it may warrant a "house rule" by changing the point total for the section from 27 to 18, or treating it like a 6 train car section. I haven't made up my mind what to do about this, but it may possibly need to change at some point.

Other than a couple of differences, this edition is basically Ticket to Ride: Europe with a different map and for less players. Another great addition to this incredible game franchise, I still haven't met anyone that does not enjoy playing. You'll find yourself immersed in no time!
on May 10, 2016
This is a great installment of the Ticket to Ride games. I've played the US and the European versions as well. This one is great for a small group. The entire family loves it. We have Ticket to Ride parties now since each family has a different version :) The board and the cards are beautiful. The rules of the game are easy to pick up as you play, anyone can win at any time someone in the lead the entire game, may not necessarily be the one who ultimately wins. Lots of different ways to strategize, this is by no means a super fast game, this being only a three person game makes it a bit faster (but at least 30 minutes).
on May 15, 2014
We are big fans of TTR. We own the Ticket To Ride USA base game with the Ticket To Ride 1910 Expansion, as well as all four map collections: Ticket To Ride Asia: Map Collection - Volume 1,Ticket To Ride India: Map Collection - Volume 2,Ticket to Ride Map Collection Board Game: The Heart of Africa, Volume #3, and Ticket to Ride Nederland Game. And, we love all but one of them because it doesn't work very well with two players (i.e., the Nederland -- I've also written a review of that expansions on its Amazon page with my reasons why for those who may be interested).

But, TTR Nordic Countries, which is specifically designed for 2-3 players, is our favorite base game as it a fun and challenging map for two players (which is how we normally play). We also like that it incorporates both ferries (which require one or more locomotives to claim) and tunnels (which can very in length so you never know quite how long the route you are trying to claim will be) -- neither of which are included on the base USA map. Finally, we also like that it included two new color trains (i.e., purple and white -- the third color is black) compared to the base USA game.

The only negative thing I've noticed about the game is that it does not seem to be the best map to teach new players (especially non-gamers who may be unfamiliar with this sort of game to begin with). It seems one of the things we like best about the map (ferries and tunnels) turn out to be a bit too much to have to learn the first time around. So, it might not be the best way to enter the game or to introduce new players to the game (for that I'd recommend the USA map, but after a while that may feel too be too basic for seasoned players). But, if you are already familiar with any other TTR game, you should not be disappointed with Nordic Countries.
on July 11, 2017
We love all the Ticket to Ride games, each with their own little twist to add to the fun. And this one is no exception! The only slight disappointment was that due to the size of the game board map (I guess?) up to only 3 players can play at one time (unlike the America and Europe versions which accommodate up to 5 players). But it's okay - usually it's only my husband and I who play together, and if there were more than 3 of us I guess it's time to play on teams!

A great game, and a great addition for your collection.
I bought this for my kids, who LOVE the original Ticket to Ride. This game was been a lot of fun to play. Unlike the original game, this is only a three player game with slightly different rules. Those rule changes do make it more of a challenge, but adds to the fun of the game. I think it's a great edition for any fan of Ticket To Ride. It's a lot of fun to play, and makes a perfect edition to our game collection.
on May 22, 2016
My son and I play Ticket to Ride all the time with just the two of us. This board provides a tighter game than the others in the series that are designed for up to 5 players. The terrain is interesting and we like the colors. It's a nice change of pace. It's a complete game with all the pieces needed, not an 'expansion set,' so set up and storage are simpler too.
on February 28, 2013
I received this game yesterday, and my wife and I have so far played it only once. However, we already love it! This is the first of the Ticket to Ride games that either of us has played, but we decided to get this version as I read it is better for less players (being limited to only 3) and we would often be playing with only the two of us. As we are also moving to Norway later this year that made this version the logical choice, as I even came across an unrelated online review where someone had learned their geography of Scandinavia from this game. That clinched the deal!

The gameplay so very easy to learn that after only one game my wife and I understand it entirely. The rules themselves are only four pages long, including instructional diagrams! The first game lasted about an hour (with my wife defeating me!) and we are looking forward to another. Setup was easy, and the instructions even include a diagram for where to lay the cards and pieces around the board, thus leaving nothing to guesswork. But while the gameplay is easy to learn, the strategy appears to give this game significant replayability, as you are constantly guessing which cities your opponent(s) is trying to connect and you do not know the answer until the game ends.

Also, unlike some other games which can skimp on pieces, this game even came with extra pieces in case you lose some (40 train carriages of each colour are needed to play, while it came with 45 where the extra 5 are referred to in the rules as spares).

All in all, I am very happy with our purchase and recommend this to anyone looking for a fun, easy to learn, and enjoyable game!
on February 26, 2017
This game is so great. We really enjoy the regular version of Ticket to Ride, but my heritage is deeply rooted in Norway - so this game was really great to play. The only thing you should know is that it Max's out at 3 persons, so it's not a great party game - but if you and your spouse want to have a game night, this one is a fun rendition of the original. 5 stars from us!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.