DVD + DVD Audio
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Tickle Me (DVD)
Elvis Presley stars with Julie Andrews (The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins) as a singing rodeo rider who takes a job at an all-girl dude ranch in Arizona. The women all desire the handsome cowboy--especially after he saves one of them from a kidnapping attempt. But he further proves his worth by helping one of the ladies recover a fortune in gold that her grandfather left buried in a ghost town in this lighthearted, romantic Western.]]>
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Bonus material: Bluray release contains movie trailer, photo movie stills and poster gallerie(s), and music jukebox (jumps to scene of movie with that Elvis song). Awesome bonus features better than most United States Bluray releases, especially on older movies.
Warning: the Bluray box art, collector booklet, and Bluray menu are in German.
For English select option of "Set Up" on the Bluray movie menu.
1. Ton Spur - "Englische" for English spoken language (original and not dubbed).
2. Englische Untertitel - "AN" for subtitles On or "AUS" for subtitles Off.
1. The Bluray had great quality transferred to this new media which is not always the case with older movies where sometimes the technology can surpass the movie production. But overall this was not the case here at all. Highly recommend this Bluray and the German Released surpassed even some rushed US Bluray releases I have seen especially on older movies. It was obvious that this movie was well loved in Germany because the quality of the Bluray transfer was spot on, crisp, clear, vibrant colors, great sound, etc. Also the German packaging although in German seems detailed with a 8 page glossy collector booklet. Wish I could read German but the publicity stills were great. The quality was just lovingly handled. Highly recommended this purchase. This is one of my favorite Elvis Presley movies. Wish they would release on Bluray next Double Trouble, Girl Happy, and Kissing Cousins. Fingers crossed!!
2. Another Elvis Presley movie released on Bluray, which are too few. To date only the Elvis Presley movies Tickle Me (German Released Explosive Media), Clambake (Kino Studios), Flaming Star (Twilight Time Limited Release), Follow That Dream (Twilight Time Limited Release), Frankie and Johnny, Love Me Tender, Jailhouse Rock, and Viva Las Vegas.
Tickle Me Bluray stand out scenes to me were the following,
1. Opening scene on the bus. You could actually feel the wind in Elvis Presley hair when he is singing. It looks so soft and thick. No wonder women loved and envied his hair. Wow! Must have taken hours to style. Did not notice that before on v.h.s and dvd renditions.
2. Opening bar fight. When Elvis Presley is talking to Julie Adams you can literally see the sweat pouring down Elvis Presley face. I thought to myself "Wow! I have seen Elvis Presley sweat". Very authentic.
3. Pam attempted kidnapping at party/Louai. I always knew her dress was pink but I did not realize just how pink like a fusia pink. Wow! And the dress had tassels like fringe. Very 60s. Again did not notice this in v.h.s and dvd renditions.
4. Pam dresses. Wow! It was really the 60s. I mean I knew that but the dresses were toga like in some scenes and what an uncomfortable scratchy fabric it must have been. Good thing it only took 2 weeks to film because I pity the poor girl having to wear that scratchy material any longer that that. Still the details on Bluray are amazing and make you feel like your there as a participant.
5. Ghost town hotel for the night. The wallpaper was amazing. You could practically feel the texture on the walls. Wow! Loved it. Felt like I was really touring a historic home from that era.
Negative: Only drawback to me (but did not make me regret purchasing the Bluray by no means) was the one scene when Elvis was unloading a truck and set backdrop was obviously a studio set of mountains and looked like a stage set for a talent show. Bluray is great in some ways but the technology surpassed the production dollars for this scene at least. Still, I just shook my head and ignored it because it's Elvis and I am just grateful it was released in Bluray format at all.
SIDE NOTE: If you are looking for the Tickle Me movie soundtrack you can find all the songs on the CD set, "Elvis From Nashville To Memphis: The Essentials 60's Masters". It is 5 compact discs with most of his most memorable songs including like I said all the songs from Tickle Me movie soundtrack.