Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on February 20, 2012
Guys: I normally don't fall for marketing hype and gimmicks, and I usually go after the no name bargain brands if I think they are just as good or get the job done after I try them once. So after trying lots of alternatives to this Tide HE, including Costco's HE brand, I can definitively tell you that Tide's HE brand (especially this one with the bleach alternative) is the best product out there to remove stinky smells (like my gym t-shirts) and to clean out the yellow rings that start to collect around my collars and underarm areas of my undershirts and dress shirts (these appeared when I stopped using Tide). With the two dollar internet coupon at Amazon and Amazon's Subscribe and Save Option, this came out to $47 (including tax) which is a GREAT price for NYC (and it's delivered right to my door...no schlepping home from the overpriced supermarket to my home). That said, U=I see the price shot up again......walmart's online still as this for $12/bottle and ships free with $45 or more, so it's basically the same deal)

If you see this again at this price and storage isn't a concern, you should pick this up since it sells out rather quickly.

My new front load washer uses very little water and therefore requires the specially formulated HE detergent with low sudsing but effective cleaning agents. Tide has it. I've washed plenty of items with older stains that did not seem to come out with other detergents, and this Tide took care of them. It's also very good with ink, oil stains, tomato sauce.
on September 7, 2010
I've always bought this specific type of Tide detergent for two reasons: I play a lot of tennis and it removes odors and dirt from colors easily. And it's a high-efficiency detergent, meaning it's specifically-suited for my high-efficiency washer. I've used it for the past 6 years on my clothes and no problems have ever arisen with the quality of the washes. I've never had to prewash or pretreat any of my clothes for the results to show themselves. I will faithfully continue to use this detergent for years to come and suggest it for anyone who owns a high-efficiency washer and is looking for a brand of detergent for whites and colors.

Note: for those of you who are new to HE washers and their respective detergents, HE detergent is a different from traditional detergent in that it's low-sudsing which is needed for washers that use less water to run. The extra sudsing of regular detergent can confuse some HE washers and interfere with wash cycles. I own a front-loading HE washer and the manual specifically asks for HE detergent only. Please read your manual and check about this requirement, because you might end up buying the wrong detergent for your washer!
on September 7, 2010
I've been a huge fan of Tide for years, and recently bought a front-loading washer requiring HE detergents. Bought my first bottle of this product locally and have been as happy with it as I've been with the previous Tide with Bleach Alernative I used in traditional lop-loading machines in the past. Cleans amazingly well, and is pretty much at the top of the list in Consumer Reports' reviews of detergents. A little more expensive than some other detergents, but you get what you pay for. I'm happy to pay a little more for a product if it delivers on its promises as compared to the competition, and my experience with this detergent has been consistent with this view.

My only issue here is that the four bottles of product were shipped in a box that was barely strong enough to hold the product, with very little protection from puncture, etc. One of the four bottles was leaking upon arrival because of this. Shipping something like this requires better packaging to ensure the product's integrity throughout the shipping process. I'll give them another chance with my next shipment, but if the same thing happens again, I'll need to buy locally.
on June 15, 2012
The price is right....I did a "subscribe and save" in Feb2012 for just a little less $$$...then three days later they cancelled my subscription. As a long time prime member, this was a little disturbing. Then came the stories on the news about people stealing Tide and selling it...haha!
I got a new washer/dryer and just wanted a trustworthy product to use in my new machines.
Four months later now...I am out of product and looking again...only to see they want 20/30/40.00 for shipping??? NO THANKS!
on June 2, 2008
Tide HE with Bleach Alternative is simply the best high efficiency detergent out there. I have tried many brands and Tide beats them hands down. Everything comes out clean and fresh smelling. I agree with recent reviewers, do not give a false impression of a product by awarding it with only one star just because you ordered the wrong item.
Update: While I stand my rating of this product I need to mention price. The price here at Amazon has doubled since October. When the price is reasonable again I will purchase from Amazon, until then I will purchase at my local grocery store and save over 30%.
on February 15, 2008
Judging from the problems people are complaining about, it seems many of the reviews above are comparing this to standard detergent. This is special High Efficiency (HE) detergent for side loading washers. It's more expensive then standard detergent. I see one of these bottles in the store for about 25 bucks. It's designed to have less suds and be used in with lower soap to water ratio, which is most likely why one of the reviewers above was having issues with smelly laundry. Side loading washers used 30-40 percent less water, so the water in those will be a lot more soapy than if used in a top loader. Always read the descriptions when shopping online, and if you don't know what 'HE' stands for, ask the internet. I've been using this detergent for a while now, does the job, the dirtiest of work towels always come out clean and fresh smelling. This four pack will last me about a year and for the price, you can beat it.
on December 28, 2012
When I purchased my case of this - because my local Hannaford rarely stocks
the larger sizes HE detergent, it was rated the top liquid detergent by
Consumer Reports - to which I subscribe.
Does a fine job on my laundry though I can't give it all the credit as I
usually enhance the Tide with Oxi Clean.
Great on clothes - probably terrible over ice cubes.
on March 2, 2011
Tide detergent is always rated the best and the cleaning results don't disappoint. The only drawback is Tide is also the most expensive even at Amazon. Getting them delivered to the door is nice.
on October 20, 2010
this product works well with laundry. the he uses much less detergent which is a good savings. I recommend this product highly.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.