Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Tide Bright HE Original Scent Liquid Laundry Detergent 26 Loads 50 Fl Oz (Pack of 2)
Scent Name: Bleach Alternative Original Scent|Size: High Efficiency|Change
Price:$46.99+ $5.50 shipping

on April 11, 2014
Whenever I have used a laundry detergent which included fabric softeners there was always a trade off. Sometimes the don't clean as well and sometimes they don't soften enough. I am happy to report that since I found the HE version of Tide with Downy I am more than pleasantly surprised. It works at both cleaning and softening, and leaves your clothes soft and smelling nice when you remove them from the dryer. I use a few different detergents depending on the load (size, how dirty, water temperature, etc.) I just bought another two bottles of the Tide with Downy as this is the detergent I will use on everyday laundry. At just a hair under 25 cents per load, it is a terrific buy. Having Amazon deliver the heavier bottles right to my door makes it well worth it (I am disabled and it is difficult for me to get around.). But I can vouch for the effectiveness of Tide with Downy HE - is does clean your clothes well and softens and freshens. Since I like extra softening and fragrance I also use a dryer sheet, but this product would stand on it own replacing having to buy a separate fabric softener. As I always say, this is just my experience with the product, YMMV.
on July 22, 2013
I use this for laundry, but I also use it for stains found elsewhere in the house. I have a dog, and therefore, lots of dog related messes. I accidentally cut the quick when cutting my dog's nail and the bandage I put on didn't last long. There was blood all over my carpets and bed. I put Tide in a spray bottle mixed with water and sprayed the stains, after a few hours the stains just disappeared. I was amazed. My dog is incontinent due to old age. One day walking in the dark I stepped in dog poop before I could turn on a light, and my sneakers were out of commission. Before throwing the sneakers away, they were old anyway, I decided to soak the sneakers in a shallow pan from the dollar store with a mix of Tide and water. After a couple of days the poop pretty much sloughed off. I washed my sneakers in the washer and let them air dry. My sneakers were bright white in the right places. I swear by Tide now.
on March 4, 2013
Just got my first High Efficiency (HE) washer around Christmas when my old one broke down. I love it and didn't even know that HE detergent existed (I actually had been using some of another brand with my old washer, it worked fine there too so you don't HAVE to have an HE washer to use this stuff, but it should definitely be used in an HE washer).

This type of detergent doesn't suds up as much which is important especially for front-loading washers (again this is my first one of this type as well and I love it). The suds from regular washers hold on to the dirt more and can stay in the washer longer, causing it to smell badly and clean less efficiently in the long run (at least that's what I've read, I'm no expert). You also can use less of this with a HE washer which is why you don't need to get the super-jumbo size.

The important part is that this product cleans very well and smells great. It's a very good product.

-D
on January 30, 2013
I had used Tide's very similar Tide Ultra Liquid Detergent with Bleach Alternative in its various fragrances. I thought the "fragrances" were awful. (I own, literally, hundred of bottles of high end fragrances and know a good deal about the world of serious perfume. There are other serious fragrance collectors, we meet at a website called Basenotes.) I liked how the Tide Ultra cleaned but there was no unscented version. This Tide product is a little different than the Ultra because it does not include the "Bleach Alternative." I think this product is meant to be hypo-allergenic so no addition of bleach alternative.

Consumer Reports has given top ratings to the version with Bleach Alternative but they rank the Free & Gently only slightly below it.
on November 11, 2014
Come on, it's Tide, liquid gold. It's so precious people keep get trying to heist it from brick and mortar stores.

It doesn't smell too chemically (though it does a bit) but most importantly, the clothes come out clean clean clean.

I'd like to support smaller, natural mom and pop products but this is one commercial product I purchase. It works very well.
on December 23, 2011
We have several family members with sensitive skin. One of them recently had what I believe is a reaction to a new detergent that we started using, and I decided that it would be best to switch to one without added dye and scent. Of the brands we've tried, Tide seems to do the best job of cleaning our clothes while being gentler on sensitive skin. Amazon's price was excellent, and I was surprised to find that there was even a coupon available at the time of purchase. I was initially nervous about ordering liquid detergent (we've had very negative experiences in the past) but decided to give it a try. Amazon has greatly improved the packaging and there were no issues with the bottles breaking and leaking in shipping. I'm a very happy customer!
on October 30, 2013
makes things clean and has a nice scent. the only issue i have is that the blue color of the detergent did stain my most recent white load with streak of blue. it must have been right where i pour it because only two items got the blue discoloration. the blue staining washed out of those white items in my next white wash...which i used real bleach on. otherwise, this is a great color safe laundry detergent. i am still going to stick with the ones free from dye though from now on. that way i can safely use them with my whites and color loads.
on November 11, 2013
Love this stuff. I buy my clothes carefully, as I want them to last a long time. To achieve that, they have to be laundered so that they do not accumulate That Smell which comes from either built-up body oils or dead skin cells.

Finished converting to nudism yet? No? Well, then: this version of Tide leaves the clothes smelling not much at all. I know some people prefer that chemical stink industrial-grade scents always possess, but this is almost tolerable. If an unscented with Febreeze were available, I'd prefer that. Until then, o happy day, this will do very nicely indeed.
on June 11, 2013
I like Tide with Bleach. Don't think it smells as good as the "old fashioned way" of using these two ingredients separately, but it does seem to get the job done. When ordering I missed the fact that the order was for 2 containers, however it is really easier to lift from the lower cupboard and measuring the amount.

Aside: Have always used Tide since a kid, because my mother used it. Now a day, we need to sift through detergent options similar to sifting through the nearly blinding options of spices. That gets exhausting and it doesn't apply just to Tide; it seems to be endemic anymore!
on January 3, 2012
I bought this because of no perfume etc and we are a sensitive skin household, people and pets. The boys hate perfume, I even stopped wearing it when I'm home.

But, if you've been using bargain brand detergents, as I was, your clothes are dingy, possibly with old stains. I used the prescribed amount plus a bit more for the first wash, all the stains were removed, the clothes really looked clean, there is NO perfume scent at all. I'm careful not to over-soap when I wash, but it seems the manufacturer really stretches how many washes a person can wring out of one bottle.

Overal, excellent deal and product.