Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 248 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 257 reviews
on April 29, 2016
This is a pretty nice little filter case for the money. The four inside filter slots offer a lot of padding between the filters as well as on the sides. Very nice if you drop them.

My one and only gripe about this product is that the velcro flap that secures all your filters in the case doesn't exactly seal tight. The flap will stand out on top of the case, letting dust and dirt into your filters. BUT I have found a pretty simple and cheap fix to the problem! All you need to do is buy an adhesive velcro strip and apply it just below the already existing velcro strip in the front of the pouch. Boom, now you can close the flap as tight as you want! (I've included photos so you can visually see what I mean by all this)

I would recommend this product to pretty much any photographer, just need to mention my fix as well.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on August 16, 2013
As other reviews point out, the pouch does not have any ability to keep dirt and water off your filters - when you flip the cover over and secure the Velcro, there's a decent sized gap (pinky-sized maybe?) that exists above the filters. So if you're looking for a pouch to store your filters that can be thrown in a puddle or dragged through mud, well this is not your pouch.

However, I was looking for something else. I was tired of fumbling with the plastic cases that my filters come in. I wanted something that would allow the quick swapping of filters and this pouch completely works for me. I keep the pouch within my larger camera bag or backpack, and only take it out when I'm going to need a filter, so the open gap at the top does not concern me.

The inside of the pouch is a nice, smooth and solid fabric - unlike so many other filter holders that are either plastic or mesh. I don't have any fears that my filters will get roughed up when they are in this pouch. And while I'm not looking for complete protection from the elements for my filters, the mesh-based holders really seem like they provide no protection what so ever.
on January 10, 2017
 ORDERED = 04/07/2016 || SELLER = Amazon.com LLC || PAID = $13.10
(Beware of Seller changes! That's how you may get burned!)

:: PROS ::
1.) Good Quality - Velcro Strap hold strongly.
2.) Isolates the filters well, 4 inside dividers.
3.) Identity Tag insert on top for easy labeling.
4.) Bought this to hold my 52mm filters WITH their OEM Cases. (Yes I know it's for 62mm to 82mm :)

:: CONS ::
1.) I don't like the Velcro strap as much as some might. (It is a preference thing though.)
2.) It's a good deal on sale, but the price fluctuates a lot by seller?

:: OVERALL :: It does the job and I like the fact that small filters actually fit inside with their OEM cases....see my pics.
review image review image review image
on April 9, 2013
The Product Features says it holds 5 filters. The Product Description says it holds 4 filters. The correct answer is that it holds 4 filters. I would like to echo the comments about the gaps at the top and sides that leave the filters open to contamination. The Velcro belt loop is sloppy and does not snug tight. On the positive, the slots for the filters are padded.

I wish it were a little taller so that you could simply slide the OEM plastic filter case into the slot. It is wide enough, but if you insert the plastic cases, you cannot close the top.
on August 25, 2013
I bought this case to hold my growing collection of filters and coordinate them to I could travel easily with all of my filters. My largest filter (77mm) fits fine. However, I did not account for the fact that I have to remove the filters from their protective cases to store them in this case. The problem with that is that the padded sides can contact the filter glass, and that this case has no dust protection. I will be looking for a case that allows me to store the filters in their jewel cases or at least has some level of dust protection.
As the number of neutral density and polarizing filters and step up/down rings grows, I find myself needing more space for these. This is an excellent add-on to any camera bag or backpack, I personally keep it attached to one of my shoulder straps for quick access without having to remove the backpack. It has four compartments, each of which can hold one filter and one step up ring. Each compartment is very well padded, providing sufficient protection for your filters.

The size is sufficient to also hold one microfiber cloth, which come sin handy to clean the filters before mounting them. The Velcro closure provides quick access, yet secure closure to not let filters fall out when bending over. Very good solution.

I wish they had used a bit less padding and added one more compartment... :)
on April 17, 2017
Really nice product, bought 4 of these. As others here have suggested I did add additional velcro to the one I use on my belt so that it closes tighter, as this pouch usually contains my most expensive 77mm circular polarizer and graduated ND filters. The other three filter pouches that I leave in my bag don't require the additional velcro cuz the filters are held in cozy padding and do not slip out even with a closure that isn't extremely tight. Easily fits four 77mm filters.
on March 3, 2017
I haven't put it through any tough usage just yet so I haven't got anything critical to say about it. It seems to be built well, though. Only thing that sticks out to me the most is that it is very tight. I'm nervous about sticking my filters in here and they get scratched up from the tight quarters. Or perhaps it's supposed to be tight so that the filters don't jump around. I'm starting out with my not-so-expensive filters in it to see how it goes.
I'll update this review as I progress through my backpacking trip.
This was bought as a replacement to my worn Tamrac filter pouch. It holds up to 4 filters of various sizes, mine currently holds 2 82mm filters and 1 77mm filter with no problems. The flap and belt loops are secured with velcro, and not my preferred choice. The tamrac pouch had a button snap for the belt loop instead, and was much easier to fasten to my Think Tank belt. It also had a quick release plastic buckle which is much quieter when opening. All in all, a solid product, but for my needs there would be a few things I would change.
on March 8, 2017
Why can't these hold 6? Probably too thick. MUCH smaller vs. longer triple fold-over. Fits in camera-only bag nicely. I wish I had gone this way in the first place. The others were $5 each, but once folder up are really bulky. This even has a label spot on top (77mm vs. 72mm). I am buying another.